81 replies to this topic

#1 itchies

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:28 AM

We are Eastern US Time Zone. There will be limited Raids, most of the time spent will be having fun and exploring the content together. This will be set up as a Mercenary Mech Company with slots for Commander (Me) and for two lieutenants, 4 Master Sergeants and then there will be supplemental ranks based on size of the company and interest.

#2 M Bison2

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

So a reasonably loosely-organised unit, mainly just for helping each other out and obtaining whatever benefits arise from having a guild? I like the idea quite a bit. Unfortunately, I can only game on Sunday and Tuesday. If that's not a problem, I'd love to join. I could be quite active in an email group or a website.

Edited by M. Bison, 01 November 2011 - 07:33 AM.

#3 novaspectre

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

I'm liking the sound of this- count me in if you'll have me.
I grew up on the MechWarrior games, and my availability is pretty good although a little erratic. So yeah, I'd be very active no matter the organization.

#4 Jayman

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

I think I'd be interested as well. Availability could be a concern, which is why this crew sounds good. Eastern time zone here, as well.

Oh, as far as Mech preference, I'm up for just about anything. I can do speed (fave non-Unseen mech is the EXT-4Db Exterminator - a beautiful grouping of speed, armor, heat sinks, jump jets and medium lasers), but I'll also be the tank if you need it (AWS-8Q is another fave).

Edited by Jayman, 01 November 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#5 Talos Renderson

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

I am an unaffiliated pilot seeking guild/"reasonably loosely-organised unit". I am a bit rusty but good enough in a fight to hold my own. I played MW2 when it came out and played all the iterations culminating in MW4, both Vengeance and Mercenaries. I can play all specs. I'm ETZ and if MW:O plays well I can be on from 7pm to whenever everyday. Let me know if interested.

#6 Valdore

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

This sounds cool. As with a couple of other posters, availability is an issue for me, as my schedule is sometimes unpredictable.

#7 itchies

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

sure - this sounds like a good basis for a company. Until there's been more info put out by the team on the house make up, etc - i was thinking of either the Davion or the Steiner for a Merc Base - at least for the initial outfitting and logistics. Davion would be slightly better in that you can strike to all Four of the other main houses and you also have access to major Periphery areas and we stay out of the initial bombardment of the Clans when they take effect in the 3050ish range and then can power in full bore if needed.

I figure the majority of my playing time will be weekends for 3-4 hours per day and 1-2 hours per night (probably a lot more the first month or so when it comes out).

I'm also not sure how the non-combat portion of Mechwarrior is going to work out - as they're planning on the Pilot side of things - such as diplomacy, tactics, strategy, etc. I don't know about Salvage, Money splits, etc (or even research).

I would like to concentrate on getting as much Salvage and other obtainable materials and spreading it around the guild first before selling it off to the market - just so the guild members have a good mech to work with and thus be able to contribute better and faster and with more items coming out as the result. :)

#8 itchies

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

The mech's i've liked to run usually have a solid combo to them - a good Long Range Weapon, multiple mid range weapons and a smaller set of short range weaponry. i like to snipe more and overload the damage as much as possible before allowing them to close - so - i usually go with the Medium or Heavy Mech.

Crab, Centurion, Dragon, Thunderbolt, Warhammer, Trebuchet, Assassin, Stalker are my main mechs.

#9 Talos Renderson

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

View Postitchies, on 02 November 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

sure - this sounds like a good basis for a company. Until there's been more info put out by the team on the house make up, etc - i was thinking of either the Davion or the Steiner for a Merc Base - at least for the initial outfitting and logistics. Davion would be slightly better in that you can strike to all Four of the other main houses and you also have access to major Periphery areas and we stay out of the initial bombardment of the Clans when they take effect in the 3050ish range and then can power in full bore if needed.

I figure the majority of my playing time will be weekends for 3-4 hours per day and 1-2 hours per night (probably a lot more the first month or so when it comes out).

I'm also not sure how the non-combat portion of Mechwarrior is going to work out - as they're planning on the Pilot side of things - such as diplomacy, tactics, strategy, etc. I don't know about Salvage, Money splits, etc (or even research).

I would like to concentrate on getting as much Salvage and other obtainable materials and spreading it around the guild first before selling it off to the market - just so the guild members have a good mech to work with and thus be able to contribute better and faster and with more items coming out as the result. :)

this is good, I'm all about salvage, make yer Mech better, faster , etc. As I've stated I can play all specs, I like me med to heavy Mechs, I just call dibs on the first MadCat we take down....

#10 novaspectre

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

I'll use whatever's needed for the lance overall, though I'd greatly prefer something larger than a light. Other than that, I'll be glad to fulfill any role/loadout required of me.

#11 Twixie

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Sounds good. I know there aren't many light players out there, but I personally prefer a heavy or assault. The Atlas and Daishi are two of my favorites. As some others have said, my play time will be a bit limited, but I should be on a decent amount (maybe 1 hour each night). Count me in.

One small problem might be that I'm on the West coast, but we can probably work with that.

P.S. I only really have much experience with MW4, but I can still probably do decently well.

#12 itchies

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

I suspect that almost everyone will start out with a Light Mech and have to work hard to get the bigger and badder mechs. I'm also wondering if they're going to restrict certain mech's to certain Houses, and you can only acquire said mechs by salvage rights. I'm also betting that certain mechs - such as the Atlas will be rare and hard to come by. It really depends if it's going to be strictly money, salvage, NPC's etc or any combo of the three. Also wondering what type of missions they're planning.

I would like to propose that 10% of the reward/money/salvage from each group mission be put towards the Merc Company Bank for expenses and to subsidize those that might need an initial boost to get to that next mech. Helping each other in this way will make us a stronger company faster, instead of everyone on their own. It won't be mandatory - but - i would also like to think that those that give more can receive more or get something better available.

#13 itchies

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

sent you all Friend Invites for easier to remember towards forming the Merc Company (since it is going to be a year before the game goes active).

#14 novaspectre

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Well yeah- I know we'll all likely start out in lights, what I was saying was that once I get out of one don't expect me to get back in unless there's a good reason for it.

And as for the 10% emergency fund, it sounds like a good idea and one I know I'll participate in.

#15 M Bison2

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

I think we might have to wait until a few more details are released about the game before writing up policy. Assuming guilds work as they do in most MMOs, I agree with about a 10% contribution to Corp coffers. But if Pihrana decides to change things up, we'll have to change plans.

#16 his leetness

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

This sound like a great idea and I know M. Bison and Valdore well. I as well can only play on Sunday and Tuesday so i won't be on all that much. I will play whatever Mech the team needs and the 10% sounds good so I would love to join.

Edited by his_leetness, 03 November 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#17 Good Guy Greg

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I'm in!

I know Bison, Leetness, Valdore, and Twixie

Edited by Good Guy Greg, 03 November 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#18 itchies

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

sounds good - until we know a LOT more - we're not going to make any hard rules - they'll be VERY elastic until Alpha/Beta time and we start getting more info. It's more of putting out ideas for a basis to work with.

For example - i have no idea whether "Research" will be available to a Pilot/Merc Company/House and in what fashion it will be available if it's in there. As we're starting in 3049 - that means "Research" and "Salvage" of new or experimental stuff will be a top priority i would think. For example - the MOST important thing to acquire for our company i propose is the one thing that ALL mech's need and everyone will be able to use - that is the Double Heat Sink. That item alone is soooooo much more important than almost any weapon or even armor improvement. (i'm not saying the others aren't important - but - then stop and think about it). Think of an Awesome with 20 Double Heat Sinks and add ANOTHER PPC - yes that's right - another PPC and a Medium Laser - and you don't have to take away any armor, etc. And the only heat build up is from walking/running. (and when you fire the small/medium laser for anything that survives to get close).

#19 Talos Renderson

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Please count me in, you all sound good and reliable and 10% is a small price to pay for great team effort, i look forward to destroying our enemies with you all! AND to get into ANY Mech at this stage would be a grand improvement over the otherwise MMO wasteland out there.

#20 Solomon K Chapman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Would like to join up have no problem with a 10% going into company coffers. have only played table top in early 90's and played mech assault on the xbox. will be new to this form of mw. i do like fast mechs, med or light.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users