No replies to this topic

#1 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:14 AM

Now this is of course has the problem with encouraging boating but I am putting this idea out there.

It seems to me that one of the things that keeps people playing is the little ping of achievement on a regular basis. Whether that's trophies or gaining a level on a character.

The new skill system lacks this because it puts the ping of getting a skill point behind a cost wall that has choices (MC or c-bills/ GXP or XP).

If however the C-bill/ MC payment was made to unlock the tree rather than the node. so say pay 1 mill c-bills to unlock a the laser tree, rather than paying for each node.

Then if you gain only XP on unmastered mechs and no GXP. The game could then level a mech gaining a skill point at every level. You get the ping of achievement.

Finally after mastering the mech the mech only gains 50% XP but also starts to collect GXP at a rate.

This would mean there is a reason to play mastered mechs as you can use the GXP to level unmastered mechs faster.

The collection of XP on a mastered mech allows for the charging to convert that to GXP.

So yes obviously paying for the tree unlock rather than a node unlock makes boating more efficient but I think the advantages of working the system like I have suggested out weigh the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users