- - - - -

Can't Believe Only I Have This Problem

14 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

This time it is with the PTS. Once again, the game STAYS in the upper left corner.

Posted Image

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:17 AM

have you tried goint into settings and setting to full screen or full window, and if that does not work changing the resolution to your monitors resolution?

those should fix that paticular issue, of course not having experianced it with MWO I cannot be certain

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:28 AM

Here is the problem. I can click settings but then since everything is in the upper left-hand corner, I cannot see anything to adjust anything else. All I can do is close the program.

Here is what it looks like once you click settings.

Posted Image

And the game itself is working fine...it is just the PTS this time.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

This site is also slow and I've been disconnected a number of times trying to play so I guess the best thing is to wait a few days.

Of course, I'm sure I'm the only one having these problems. Like my "weapons grouping bug"....

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

Try holding shift and right clicking the mwo icon at the bottom and maximize.

#6 The Jerol

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNorthern California (Inner Sphere)

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

What is the native resolution of your monitor?

I had a similar issue running the game on my new Razer Blade, which has an ultra hi-res monitor. Resetting monitor resolution to 1920x1080 fixed it for me.

Hope that helps

TJ

#7 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

When your main game is running fine: Try to copy your profile and settings folder from the main game and put it into the space for the PTS. It should adjust the resolution to the one which is working for your monitor.

As an alternative: Try ALT+ENTER (the big one) to force the window into fullscreen. Then you should be able to access the settings and adjust them.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

pressing alt and space usualy brings up a menu with options including move, that may help, I have frequestly used it to move stuff back onto the screen.

#9 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

OK, I will try these. Several months ago it was so bad I had to wipe my HD and start over. At least this is not the real game, just the PTS.

I just got another 2-minute penalty for "leaving the game" so I'll wait a few days to see if MWO gets it's servers in order.

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostRaubwurst, on 10 February 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

When your main game is running fine: Try to copy your profile and settings folder from the main game and put it into the space for the PTS. It should adjust the resolution to the one which is working for your monitor.

As an alternative: Try ALT+ENTER (the big one) to force the window into fullscreen. Then you should be able to access the settings and adjust them.

This worked but....another old problem popped up. (just lost server connection again)

This problem is hard to explain. In the upper left corner, you have options such as "select mech". For me to click that button, I have to put my mouse two options down. To go to the store etc, I have to click an inch to the right on it. So I cannot select "options" since I cannot click a inch to the right of it.

#11 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 10 February 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

Try holding shift and right clicking the mwo icon at the bottom and maximize.

For the record, i tried this and did not have the option to maximize. I thought "move" might work but no. Thanks anyway.

OK, now everything seems to be working. No idea why.....Thanks

#12 The Jerol

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNorthern California (Inner Sphere)

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

It was the positive waves, Man... Positive wavesPosted Image

#13 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 10 February 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

This problem is hard to explain. In the upper left corner, you have options such as "select mech". For me to click that button, I have to put my mouse two options down. To go to the store etc, I have to click an inch to the right on it. So I cannot select "options" since I cannot click a inch to the right of it.

I know this issue, although not from MWO. I always "fix" it by doing alt+enter 2 times to force the pc to recalculate the used resolution. It seems that the pc has a difference between where the window is rendered and where it should be. I encountered it when using a virtual machine and forcing a different screen resolution (via the scale option) and then forcing fullscreen. It tries to put the small window in the center of the monitor for the fullscreen option, but the scaling moves it to the upper left corner.

#14 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Thanks everyone!

And that dang "Canadian" server problem I've been having with MWO? Well.....it was on my end. It took 2 and 1/2 hours on the phone and a service call and now it is great.

My DL was great, but my UPLOAD was very poor.

Anyway, I started walking again about 3 weeks ago and the pain has me extra bitchy.

And then I look at this.......AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted Image

#15 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:47 AM

Late reply to this post, but just wanted to offer you encouragement and congratulations on walking again. I suffer from bad spine problems so I can relate to the pain. Get well soon! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users