What Do You Think Has To Change?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

What do you think is absolutely critical to see in the new skill tree system before it goes live? I know they posted they are adding another month for changes and testing, but what changes must they make?

Personally I think the following is required.

The trees have to become linear so that I'm not spending points on skills I don't want. Having to crisscross all over to get skills I deem necessary for my build is horrible. I should be able to select exactly what I want without having to buy junk I don't care about.

Things that were baseline before have to be baseline now. Best example is jump jets and how the new system requires spending skill points just to get back to what the old system offered. That should never happen.

Exp return has to be equal. I bought different versions of mechs I didn't really want so I could master a mech I did want. I shouldn't lose exp because I was simply playing the game the way they had it setup. I should get credit for every skill I have in each mech and not just the mech tree for that chassis. I can understand not getting 91 sp but if mastery was worth 51sp then that's what I should get for each mech I own off the bat. Then any additonal exp I have should go into the historical xp pool so I can spend wherever I want. I shouldn't be limted to just spending it on Shadow Hawks simply because I earned the extra xp on Shadow Hawks. With the changes to mechs I may want to pick a completely different chassis to focus on because I can tweak it more to my style. I played your game your way so at least give me fair compensation since you want to change the rules.

XP Cost adjustments. The grind at 1500xp per SP is too much. Run the math on what it took to master a mech before, add in the average cost of most used modules, then divide that number by 91 to see how much each SP should cost. This should give us the same grind we see now as long as we already get a baseline amount of SP per mech talked about in the previous paragraph.

C-bill cost also needs to scale by mech tonnage instead of a flat rate. Light mechs shouldn't cost as much to fully master as Assault mechs. Light mechs should cost about 3 million to master, medium mechs 5 million, heavy mechs 7 million, and assault mechs for 9 million.

Those are what I consider to be the bare minimum required changes before this system can go live. I'd still like to see some quality of life changes like an easy way to see quirks for the chassis and be able to compare those with the skills instead of having it all bunched in one big table. I'd also like to see just how many SP I'll be getting before I convert my historical XP. I shouldn't need to calculate the conversion rate outside of the game. Stuff like that.

#2 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:00 AM

I agree with every point you make. Forcing long-time players into a situation where their investment in 'mechs, modules, and time is seriously de-valued from current is a real bad idea. Things like that can have a negative effect on the player base

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users