Victor Or Zeus, Search For A Fun Assault.

34 replies to this topic

#21 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:39 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 14 February 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

In which case I'd recommend the 5S and 9S2 then either the 6T for SRM18 + 3 LPL fun as Kuaron suggested, or the 6S for some poking with a deadside.

Ah okay, what would i use for the 5S? I'd use the build Basilisk linked for the 9S2.

#22 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 14 February 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Ah okay, what would i use for the 5S? I'd use the build Basilisk linked for the 9S2.

Pretty much the same, really. Swap the LBX for a regular AC10? Add 3 MLs or 3 MPLs? I run mine with near identical builds, which is rare for me Posted Image

You could even drop the 9S2 entirely and just use the 5S - it costs less C-Bills due to the 9S2 being the only one to come with an XL and it's not like 2 arm mounted ballistics will synergise well with those 3 missile and 2 energy hardpoints. The 6S does twin ballistics + lasers better.

It's a real shame you can't remove an actuator and put a lovely AC20 in that arm...

#23 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 14 February 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Pretty much the same, really. Swap the LBX for a regular AC10? Add 3 MLs or 3 MPLs? I run mine with near identical builds, which is rare for me Posted Image

You could even drop the 9S2 entirely and just use the 5S - it costs less C-Bills due to the 9S2 being the only one to come with an XL and it's not like 2 arm mounted ballistics will synergise well with those 3 missile and 2 energy hardpoints. The 6S does twin ballistics + lasers better.

It's a real shame you can't remove an actuator and put a lovely AC20 in that arm...

Okay, I'd get the 6S and 6T with the alacart. the 6S would also get a 30% cbill bonus.

#24 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

The 80 ton mechs might as well be a separate class or a sub class. Kind of how the 40 ton mechs are neither Medium or Light or 60 ton mechs are neither Medium or Heavy.

Majority of 80-tonners are Assaults that drive like Heavies and must be played like slow Mediums, if you wish to live through a match. Reason being most builds require a XL engine and side torso hit boxes are quite large.

Drive a Victor like a Centurion, or other similar mech, and you will do fine.

P.S. VTR-9B fun build, tweak for personal preferences.

Edited by Neput Z34, 14 February 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#25 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Well i'm deciding between buying the Zeus Resistance pack via Ala carte, buying the Zeus based off the loyalty one via the gift store or just buying the 6T.

#26 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 12 February 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

<...> loyality Zeus <...>

And here I am, wondering how didn't I came up with this myself. Very well done, sir!

View PostLupis Volk, on 14 February 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

So what are peoples thoughts on the Zeus 6s and 9s?

I don't have 6s but I run my 9s with six erlls when I'm in the mood.

#27 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

check out the executioner, it's fast - *nimble with MASC and it has decent enough mounts, plus numbers of hardpoints.

Edited by zudukai, 15 February 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#28 Jamico

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:34 AM

Don't forget the Steam bundle. That gets you a Zeus hero, a Warhawk hero, a unique paint job, 3 colors, some MC, and I think some premium time. Let the buyer beware, I didn't like the Zeus nor the two regular Zeuses I bought with credits. I never use my Zeuses anymore, but that Warhawk still sees playing time, though.

#29 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

View Postzudukai, on 15 February 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

check out the executioner, it's fast - *nimble with MASC and it has decent enough mounts, plus numbers of hardpoints.

I haven't heard nice things about it, though i might be confusing it with the Gargoyle.

#30 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostAmsro, on 11 February 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

The main thing the Zeus has going for it, is the variants with the 3x missle arm. Splat ASRM18 is fun.

6T - 3xASRM6 + 3xLPL
5S - 3xASRM6 + 3xML + Gauss
9S2 - 3xASRM6 + Gauss (larger engine then 5S)
9S - 3xLPL + 3xML
6S - Gauss + 4xLL

Obviously there are MANY more options. The victor can get away with XL much better then the Zeus can, IMO.

Hope you have fun either way.

You wouldn't happen to have a smurfy for the 6S, 9S and 6T laying around? and could i use to supplement a gauss?

Edited by Lupis Volk, 15 February 2017 - 11:41 AM.

#31 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,396 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 15 February 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

You wouldn't happen to have a smurfy for the 6S, 9S and 6T laying around? and could i use to supplement a gauss?

Zeus 6S with XL or with STD or with dual AC/5
Zeus 6T with XL or with STD
Zeus 9S with XL or with STD

Obviously there are some things you can personalize, like armor/engine size or add AMS, but this is pretty well how I run them.

The 9S I always have a XL in, that build just needs the speed in my opinion. Hope you can make something with those.

Edited by Amsro, 15 February 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#32 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 15 February 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

I haven't heard nice things about it, though i might be confusing it with the Gargoyle.

well it's got the inherent traits of a clan Omni-mech but it's arms shield well, and the equipment literally put a spring in it's step. however it's more akin to a tanky timberwolf then a traditional assault, but that's what you're looking for- a quick assault. right?

it's rather big for a 95ton'er but if you can use masc and JJ well then you can find yourself out maneuvering most heavies and the majority of assaults, it does 70kph normally, and can sprint at 90kph for over 500m, be it, closing the gap or falling back the EXE is more forgiving of a positioning mistake, or more opportunistic to an out of position enemy.

however MASC is a critical aspect of the mech to be used in this manner, if you cannot utilize this 4ton equipment (normally bound to left shift) then you probably don't want the EXE then as it's a huge penalty to overall free space.

http://metamechs.com...es/executioner/

brawly
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e5389262f4105cd
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b9e3865968eacc6

range
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e580797c52fb4e7
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4b05bb44ce4e4ec
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b4fd33942bc4928

#33 FreeFragUK

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:19 AM

Personally I have a lot of fun with the Zeus. Initially I hated it, it just didn't seem to perform or actually fulfil any useful assault level role but after some tweaking and figuring out what works for me I've got to say that it's a very fun mech which offers some great versatility and can bring in some decent numbers.

#34 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

The only thing that is unique about Zeus is the SRM fist o'doom.
It's the only mech in the game that has an arm with lower arm actuator with 3 missile launchers.

I only tried the 9S2 Variant I won in some event. (3xASRM6, LBX10 2ML and a big-az XL).
The cool thing about it is that it can take snap-shots during a brawl without fully exposing your torso.

I was amazed how many lights that tried to circle-strafe around me got splatted with my SRMfist.

That being said, Victor got armor quirks in place of structure and the AC20 makes it simply superior in a brawl.

PS: There are rumors Victor is going to have it's missile tubes increased, that will give us the option of using 3xSRM6 + AC20 builds.

Edited by Kmieciu, 16 February 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#35 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

Like a few other people here, I rolled around in a Zeus a fair bit before it got rescaled. Also like others, I think the rescale hurt it but I think it can still shine if you use it right.

The only one I bothered with after eliting the chassis was the 6T. I use the popular 3 SRM6+artemis doomfist backed up by 3 medium lasers and a large laser in the arm for range poking. I use a Standard 325 to get 70 kph after speed tweak. I've had a lot of success with this build for brawling and using a STD instead of an XL is a must. You can zombie very well with the Zeus. The only downside to this build is that it can get a little toasty in a brawl but I think it's more than manageable.

If you're interested, my build is here :http://mwo.smurfy-ne...073725565d2ab6b

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users