No replies to this topic

#1 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts
  • Locationbehind 73h_m0nz73r

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:47 AM

first, paying for the first set of skills you put into the mech, i have seen this mentioned elsewhere, shouldn't cost anything. it should only cost anything for redoing skills, and then only for certain skill trees, such as the infotech, armor, weapon quirks, specific movement quirks that would be considered better parts like instead of it being generic offbrand jump jets it's nike jump jets that give you that little umph you are looking for and that costs the money, but specific things like being able to take the heat or turning or hill climb or things that are part of the pilots regular skill sets that would be part of the neurohelmet bio feedback that requires the pilot to have a high piloting skill roll on landing or something to be skill point req only.

i say the latter part of that with the mention of why you have quirks in the game, because throughout the story/lore of battletech, there were special lasers and there were cheap lasers, which is why you have quirks in the first place for some mechs.

what also i think should happen is that the price of some of this stuff is a bit too high, whereas other portions should be that high, as in, certain levels of the upgrades should cost more than others, it allows new players and older players alike, to turn mechs into a bit of a better mech quicker to compete with other older "whales" that play this game, or people that can do nothing but play this game all day long, yada yada yada.

next on the list is the quirks currently on the mechs that you have and that many of us have in our stables, those that have built in quirks should have those nodes pre checked in the skill trees, whether you want them locked due to how the mech looks or works is up to you, but it should be a given that it would happen like that as now that you have put them quirks into the game, many of us have bought those champion/hero/normal mechs and mech packs due to the quirks and hardpoints.

next thing is the historic xp, if you are going to make the historic xp locked into the specific mech chassis, and require so much xp to grind a single mech up to it's lowballed xp now (which yes, in the long run, i only need a smaller amount, allbeit a still substantial amount, of xp) the historic xp should be given back to us for the mechs we do have as a greater quantity because if you wont put the quirks back on the mech the way it was, then it should at least have enough xp that you give us through the historic xp in an exponential fashion to be able to put whatever quirks on it that we want back on the mech, which we should be able to do the first time for free if you still feel like charging us cbills.

the second+ time we decided to change out a mech, again going off of some of the above stated changes, it would be smaller at the bottom, and more expensive going up the tree, with a large sum of cbills to respec the mech in total, or piecemeal, either way, respecing should cost cbills, first time should not, any additional times should also cost cbills.

honestly, i'm sure a lot of people would agree with me on this, or agree with some of this, but not everyone will agree with me on this.

and yes, i did play with the trial clanner mechs and they are still op, it's hilarious... just imho...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users