1 reply to this topic

#1 Chris Puetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 332 posts
  • LocationMechhangar 2, Tamar-City

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, there were many Threads about the new Skill Tree and here is another,sorry for that.

i will try to explain my thoughts and give Examples.

1. Balance Problems.

There were many cut offs by the IS Quirks.
I Thing this need not be.

Look at the Quickdraw IV-4
for now, pre new Skill Tree:
Ballistic Cooldown +30% plus Module max 12% for the Ballisticweapons where a max of 42%.
with the new Skill Tree:
Ballistic Cooldown +20% plus max 5% from the Skill Tree makes max 25%
so far so good.
Take a look at the Kodik KDK-3
pre new Skill Tree:
no Quirk + max 12% from the Modules makes 12% (and he is still a Beast)
with new Skill Tree:
no Quirks + 5 times 8% Cooldown makes 40% Cooldown for the Ballistics.
If you use 4 LB10-X in the KDK-3 it is like a LB10-X Machinegun, absolute outstanding Firepower.

Give the IS the Quirks back and make it in Skill Tree at 3 or 4% and it works

2. The Costs

Today you need only 57250 XP to Master a Mech, for a Module there were max 15000 XP once.
After that you need only C-Bill for Modules and you don't need a Module in each Mech.
Normally you need the Moduls in each of your FP/CW-Dropdeck-Mech. For the other Mechs you can rebuild it in the MechLap.
100000 C-Bills and 1500 XP for a Node is too much.
Maybe 75000 C-Bills and 750 XP.

3. The historic XP

Please kick them away.
Make the in GXP.
Why, many of us with plenty of Mech had Level Mech that we do not like, but we must Level it because of the 3 Mech politics.
If the historic XP came and there can only transfer in XP for that Mech-Chassis it is dumped.
For Player like me, (Truck Driver with only 1 Day a Week to play because of Real-Life-Things)
we had pay to convert XP in GXP to Level a Mech. And with your historic XP Issue we pay twice.
PGI Take a look at my Account and you see what I mean.

4. The Skill Tree himself

There were many Node points I don't want to enable but I must do it because there where other thinks deeper in the tree I need.
That is not your promised freedom to customise a Mech!
Make the tree straight, so we don't waste Nodes for some stupid things or give us more Nodes ( but then we had this cost issue a little bit more)!

But note, the new Skill Tree will decrease the TTK!

#2 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:12 AM

This is a hydra with many heads, and most of those heads are bad, and you hit the nail on many of them.

If the balance gets screwed up because of this, if the costs stay the same, many players will quit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users