Lb10-X Kdk Question

15 replies to this topic

#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 163 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:53 AM

For fun and variety, was going to play with the questionably effective (relative to other choices) LB shotgun on one of my KDK's.

Was considering either

KDK-3 with 4 X LB10-X or

KDK- SB with 1 X LB20-X + 4 X ASRM6

Anyone compare these builds or have any recommendations?

Thanks.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:55 AM

The quad LB KDK-3 is one of the stronger builds in the game now, better range and more versatility than the SB, though that build is also pretty solid.

#3 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 163 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

Much appreciated!

#4 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

That SB build is probably the best brawler in the Clan roster. If my relationship status with MWO weren't "it's complicated" at the moment, I'd probably get one.

Quad LB looks really fun, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

#5 Hanks 427

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:24 AM

I feel that the quad lb:s doesn't strike as much fear in your targets as the uac:s do.

#6 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostBoofer, on 13 February 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

I feel that the quad lb:s doesn't strike as much fear in your targets as the uac:s do.

Any Kodiak 3 should get respect, be it Quad UAC, LB-X or Daul Gauss.

Ultas have great range and DPS but LBX do a great job hitting those crits on wounded mechs. 4X LB-X Kodiaks are murder machine during the last half of the battle.

#7 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:17 AM

It all depends on the map really (even more so on teammates, but that you cannot predict). I'd say on mining and perhaps on viridian SB is stronger. On crimson and river city 4lbx10 shines. Uac one is more suitable for holding position/firing line - canyon and HPG when nascar doesnt kick in.
4lbx10 is by far my top performer now. 4-6 solos with 1k dmg is pretty common. When in brawl, sustained dps is astronomical, you can literally go 1 against 3. I run mine with XL380, 7 tons of ammo, 3dhs, 2medpulse in right arm. Proton runs with 4 spl and lower engine. More common would be max engine and 9 tons of ammo without backup lasers.

#8 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:00 AM

View Postbanana peel, on 14 February 2017 - 05:17 AM, said:

It all depends on the map really (even more so on teammates, but that you cannot predict). I'd say on mining and perhaps on viridian SB is stronger. On crimson and river city 4lbx10 shines. Uac one is more suitable for holding position/firing line - canyon and HPG when nascar doesnt kick in.
4lbx10 is by far my top performer now. 4-6 solos with 1k dmg is pretty common. When in brawl, sustained dps is astronomical, you can literally go 1 against 3. I run mine with XL380, 7 tons of ammo, 3dhs, 2medpulse in right arm. Proton runs with 4 spl and lower engine. More common would be max engine and 9 tons of ammo without backup lasers.

395, not max. It's a 2 ton difference, you need the 395 to get to 9 tons ammo.

#9 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostTercieI, on 14 February 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

395, not max. It's a 2 ton difference, you need the 395 to get to 9 tons ammo.

380 XL, ers are nice for the 1v1 battle situation, but you have to watch heat. Use it to finish off armor in the ct.

#10 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

The LBX10 build is probably the strongest QP build in the game. Your damage numbers will be great. The guys at the top of the Assault board with over 100 games played use them exclusively for the most part.

#11 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

The KDK-3 is great for killing lights. If you can hit them with an alpha in the legs it works really good.

#12 Chill Bill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 13 February 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

....4X LB-X Kodiaks are murder machine during the last half of the battle.

Still perform best with UAC 5's/10's. But with the 4 X LB10-X I find it easier to shoot & torso twist quickly...peek, shoot hide, etc.
But, as Steel Raven said, it's the second half of the match, when mechs have layers of armor peeled of that they drop you one after the other. First half, to me, feels more like paintball. Splat ...did you feel that?? Uh-Oh..
Probably me. Used to the penetration of the UAC's maybe.
Still, it's fun. will figure it out.
The SB build is quite mean, but with the larger maps you're limited. Need range flexibility.

#13 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

Quad LB-10s are murderous regardless what mech boats them, because under 120~150m the "pallet patter" is almost a solid slug.

Kodiak is currently the best platform for this, but Dire Wolfs and Maulers can / used to do the same load payload at much slower speed.

#14 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

While I have yet to roll a Kodiak. Wondering why not the KDK3 stock 2 LBX20 and 4 ERLM while cooldown is a little annoying on LBX20 since they don't suffer Ghost heat double firing is doable. IMHO seems to be a rather effective if closer ranged brawler.

#15 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

Few people did well with the stock build when it first dropped but I personally couldn't get it work for whatever reason.

It may be the slight difference in range and cool down time but it should fit someones play style.

#16 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

View Postprocess, on 13 February 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

That SB build is probably the best brawler in the Clan roster. If my relationship status with MWO weren't "it's complicated" at the moment, I'd probably get one.

The scorch is the better brawler since it came out. It's paywalled though for now.

The SB is more of a scary line breaker. MASC into a brawl and watch everyone shart their daks as you've got 100T of twisting mess absorbing DMG. The SRM spread on the SB unfortunately not great like a scorch or Atlas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users