Hxp Poll - News Neglect Old Players...

7 replies to this topic

Poll: HXP mech dependent? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Should HXP be Mech specific?

1. No, HXP should go towards the Chassis and be available for all Mechs of that Chassis type and all variants (19 votes [76.00%])

Percentage of vote: 76.00%

2. Yes fine as is (3 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

3. Other, please explain (3 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:43 AM

The news about the skill system are good news.
It will have to be tested, but it seems that PGI really listened and this is a really good thing and hopefully with some testing this will iron out the system. Awesome!

Now the only thing left to nail down and has not been addressed in the news post was the issue with old players.

We still probably get HXP for mechs we only bought to "level" the others and most likely have sold or do not play.

Hence I would like to know what you think and if HXP should be Mech specific (aka XP for only one mech) or if it should go towards the Chassis and you can use the HXP you got back for any mech and any variant of that chassis. (Which I think would be fair for us old players.)

#2 Fox2232

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:38 AM

For Game it is better that HXP or any kind of XP are Chassis specific instead of currently available Variant specific.

1st it removes some pressure from some players.
2nd players will be more likely to buy additional mech if they have a lot of XP in their favorite Chassis.

3rd, I would not be against Having GXP gained as 10% of regular XP. GXP would be available to any mechs, so players who play a lot could buy new mech and unlock its skill tree.
- Getting one "XP Free" unlock per 10 leveled mechs is not that bad.
- Or if player plays few mechs because he does not like slow unlock progression, this number would tell him that he can "just buy and unlock"

#3 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

I strongly believe that HXP should be chassis-specific, and not variant-specific. Under the old (current) system, the players were essentially forced to buy and level a lot of mechs they would never play because of the "rule of three". It's going to be a shame if the XP accumulated on those mechs will go to waste. We should be able to redistribute it to those variants that we actually need.

#4 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:25 AM

I voted other, because I should have enough "historical xp" to master all mechs I have previously mastered without exception, and it should cost me ZERO c-bills (or if there is to be a cost let it be FULLY covered by the amount I am getting refunded by modules).

I literally do not care about anything else.

I see no reason to ever spend money on this game again if they can't figure this out. They are showing me that the money I have spend has been largely wasted.

#5 Excalibaard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Chassis-dependent HXP is a great middle way for all players.

New players are not locked into 3 mechs and can simply explore their preferences as they wish

Old players will be able to use the XP from their old levelled mechs in the slightly more XP-heavy new system.

Players buying mech packages will have a more fun time playing/unlocking all the mechs that they purchase.

Free players will be incentivised to purchase another mech of a certain chassis if they particularly enjoy playing their current one which makes the case for maybe buying a mech package some day.

Edited by Excalibaard, 21 February 2017 - 07:35 AM.

#6 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

Thanks for the votes guys. and well said.

#7 ParaOrdnance

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:58 AM

Other,

There should be he hcbills as well so re-grind of past three years isn't necessary. Modules weren't meant to be ground for each chassis variant. Reset should reflect that.

#8 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

I voted 'other' as well.

I could live with a hybrid... HXP should be at least chassis specific (because rule of 3 days)

Second, I would change the cost structure such that in the builder, if you elect to use HXP, it simply has zero cbill costs attached. If I choose to use MXP going forward, it would have the usual costs.

That would solve things for my modest stable (only have 96 mechs, 70 'mastered').

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users