Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Circadian Skates

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:14 AM

Howdy yall

Been at this game for a while and fortunate to have mastered all 3x variants of 2 mechs.

I dont have the MC to get new mechbays at the moment, so am rolling with these two mechs for the time being.

I am accruing a lot of mech xp on fully mastered, module unlocked variants. Aware that there will be changes to skill tree coming; should I just convert excess mech xp to gxp when i have the MC to do it? Or worth hanging onto mech xp in case of major skill tree changes?

Thanks

#2 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:39 AM

It's not confirmed but highly possible that GXP will be close to useless soon.

#3 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:00 AM

GXP can be used on any Mech. The normal XP used to Master a Mech or left over after Mastering a Mech will be refunded as HXP when the new Skill Tree is implemented. HXP can only be used on the chassis variant on which it was earned. However, it takes more XP to level a Mech all the way up under the new system and I believe you will be able to convert HXP to GXP with MC after the change over to the new system so for now, I would not bother converting it. Wait until you see how much you need to full level your Mechs under the new system and then you can decide if you want to convert whatever you have left.

Of course, they are currently reworking the Skill Tree again so everything may change between now and next Friday when they put the latest version up on the Public Test Server.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:08 AM

bear in mind with the new skill tree coming in march mastering a single Mech will be much more expensive, on the current PTS build it was 136500 XP + 9,100,000 cbills, although it is quite possible that will change.

at current fully unlocking the skill tree for a single Mech costs 57,250, but to do that you also have to unlock at least the basic skills costing 14250 on 2 other varients of that chassis, and the elite skills at 21,500 on another 2 varents in that weight class, assuming you want to take your first chassis to elite that will cost you 128750

you also have what is currently done by modules being built into the new skill tree.

if you have excess XP and you will want to skill the Mech again with the new skill tree it is not worth converting it unless you only own 1 of that varient, are sure you will never want another, and have over 80,000 GXP on the Mech, and even then I would recomend waiting for a double XP weekend, those tend to be every 3-4 months and double XP earnings, as well as the ammount of XP you can convert for 1 MC (usualy 25 xp for 1 mc, on a double xp weekend 50)

#5 Circadian Skates

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:14 AM

Thanks all - really helpful - will just keep racking up mech variant XP until the situation/conversion going forward becomes clearer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users