Question Help Me

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bosti878

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTroy NY USA

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Hello all I'm a new mechwarrior who is wanting to start a clan which is a part of a multi game community. Now if this needs to be moved that is fine, the clan I want to start on this game is a House Davion Spec ops squad called the 157th Davion Shadow Stalkers A website is going to be a wip for the next like 3-5 days but we will be most likely using Discord for a voice server (bother for the community and all our guilds in our games. So if anyone is wanting to jump in on the ground floor of a new outfit here either pm me or come look at our site address is as follows http://175hdss.enjin.com/

Edited by Bosti878, 19 February 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Welcome to MWO. You are correct that this isn't the right place to do it. However you won't be able to post in the correct place until after 25 matches (your name will stop being cyan).

https://mwomercs.com...7-faction-play/
Though it is true that the Bushido-loving Draconis Combine (aka House Kurita) will frequently refer to House Davion (Federated Suns) as "clan Davion"... the word 'clan' is not one to use for a group. After all, when has a military group, special ops or not, ever referred to itself as a clan?

It is also easily misconstrued with "The Clans."

Good luck.
(Let me know when the thread is moved and I can get rid of this post for you. For now, get cranking at those 25 matches.)

Edited by Koniving, 19 February 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:56 AM

As Koniving said we avoid the term clan for a group of players because of the potential for confusion with "The Clans" (Clan Wolf, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Smoke Jaguar, and, if I remember correctly, another 15,within the current timeframe) which are not in the game.
in MWO the word used for a group of players is generaly Unit.

just a bit more information on how to create a unit
in the faction play section of the MWO game (when not in a match) there is an option to create a unit, then when you have created the unit you can start inviting people.
to invite someone to your unit costs 50,000 cbills multiplied by the current number of members, so the first invite costs 50,000, the third costs 150,000 cbills, if you have 200 members the 201st costs 10,050,000 cbills

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 20 February 2017 - 03:57 AM.

#4 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 February 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

if you have 200 members the 201st costs 10,050,000 cbills

Holy sheep dip! Not sure how some of these larger units do it especially considering the transient nature of allot of internet personalities. If you have a large unit you better be very sure of the people you sign up!

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostAmatsukaze, on 21 February 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Holy sheep dip! Not sure how some of these larger units do it especially considering the transient nature of allot of internet personalities. If you have a large unit you better be very sure of the people you sign up!

A lot of them were put together before that tax.
It's also why I haven't sprung into action with getting you and others in yet. I'm broke.,

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

View PostAmatsukaze, on 21 February 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

the unit I am with has something like 170 members at current, the way we manage it is;
we do not invite people to join until they have completed an induction and basic training,
people are expected to raise some of the funds to cover their recruitment costs, this could be asking other people to sponsor their application (if I have spent a few weeks training someone who I am confidant will stick arround I have no problem putting down a million or two to help sponsor their application, as I am at current cbill rich)
the idea of putting down a tax on members was voted down, people were not willing to pay the half million a month to cover recruitment fees (and yes we do turn over about 10 members a month).
we also kick inactive people from the unit, to stay you have to check in (post in a specific thread in the unit forums), fail to post in that months thread without giving us the reason why and you can be removed, then expected to cover your full readmission fee if you want to rejoin the unit.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

Side note, if you're serious about starting a gaming group... it helps if you're prompt about getting through your first 25 matches. It doesn't bode well for it to take so long.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users