#21 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

I dont like that it disproportionately effects taking 1 or or even a pair... I nearly always boat or use other weapons now

#22 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 20 February 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

Uac jam quirk coming next patch (skill tree) Posted Image kdk3 is happy about this Posted Image

This isnt even a good news imo, uac dont need a buff. I didnt make this thread to complain about the jam chance, these guns are way powerful even in single. But it would really be nice to be explicitly told when your gun jams.

#23 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

Would you prefer they jammed more often, but jam duration was less?

What else can we do with these weapons?

#24 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 20 February 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Would you prefer they jammed more often, but jam duration was less?

What else can we do with these weapons?

That's what they did to the uac2 right? - I like that more than long jam wait and then cool down...

#25 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

With RACs potentially being added to this game, I still think UACs shouldn't even have jam or double tap features. Just make them a burst fire version of ACs with slightly higher damage output to make up for the fact they are burst fire weapons. Something like this:
UAC2 - 3 shells (1 damage per)
UAC5 - 3 shells (2.5 damage per)
UAC10 - 3 shells (5 damage per)
UAC20 - 3 shells (10 damage per)

#26 HATER 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 20 February 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

With RACs potentially being added to this game, I still think UACs shouldn't even have jam or double tap features. Just make them a burst fire version of ACs with slightly higher damage output to make up for the fact they are burst fire weapons. Something like this:
UAC2 - 3 shells (1 damage per)
UAC5 - 3 shells (2.5 damage per)
UAC10 - 3 shells (5 damage per)
UAC20 - 3 shells (10 damage per)

All AC's should have been burst fire, with UAC's having a double RoF mode that has a slightly less than 3% chance to jam per burst. Same mode selection would allow for switching ammo in LBX and whatnot... but hey, not my circus=not my monkeys.

Edited by HATER 1, 20 February 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#27 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostHATER 1, on 20 February 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

All AC's should have been burst fire

No, because then standard ACs would be pointless (more so than they already are).....my reasoning has nothing to do with lore and everything to do with making weapons diverse and different.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 20 February 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#28 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

How to fix UACs doing heavy damage: have more open/larger maps like in MechWarrior 3 and 4.

#29 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostStone Wall, on 20 February 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

How to fix UACs doing heavy damage: have more open/larger maps like in MechWarrior 3 and 4.

You realize that makes Dakka stronger right......?

Dakka typically has the highest sustained DPS of anything. Sustained DPS loves open spaces where enemy mechs can't use cover to poke from and invalidate that higher sustained DPS.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 20 February 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#30 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 20 February 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

You realize that makes Dakka stronger right......?

Dakka typically has the highest sustained DPS of anything. Sustained DPS loves open spaces where enemy mechs can't use cover to poke from and invalidate that higher sustained DPS.

Yes but this turns into a game of range vs range. Your DPS doesn't matter if you can't catch up to an enemy or reach him before you are heavily damaged.

This is why people in MW3 and 4 preferred ballistics(minus gauss) in small urban maps.

#31 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostStone Wall, on 20 February 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Your DPS doesn't matter if you can't catch up to an enemy or reach him before you are heavily damaged.

(U)AC2s don't have that problem.

View PostStone Wall, on 20 February 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

This is why people in MW3 and 4 preferred ballistics(minus gauss) in small urban maps.

They preferred ballistics because LBX20s and RAC5s did insane amounts of damage for really low heat.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 20 February 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#32 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 20 February 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

(U)AC2s don't have that problem.

Range isn't an issue with those, but is the damage that good against PPCs/LLs? Are people forced to run more than 3 for dakka power? j/w Just watched a video of a guy using 3 of them(with other weapons) and kind of struggled in both HPG and Frozen City.

They preferred ballistics because LBX20s and RAC5s did insane amounts of damage for really low heat.

I know in the 3rd game, UAC 20s became king on closed Ice Maps. "Cash them ousside" an urban/small ice map and medium lasers or LRMs took them out. Can't speak for MW4 though.

#33 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

View PostStone Wall, on 20 February 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Range isn't an issue with those, but is the damage that good against PPCs/LLs?

Take away cover and they are definitely better than LLs and PPCs. Extensive cover is the only reason you really don't see more than one UAC2 boat on extreme range loadouts though they handle pushes much better than ERLLs do.

I know in the 3rd game, UAC 20s became king on closed Ice Maps. "Cash them ousside" an urban/small ice map and medium lasers or LRMs took them out. Can't speak for MW4 though.

I'm speaking from an MW4 perspective.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 20 February 2017 - 03:11 PM.

#34 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostProbably Not, on 20 February 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

My problem with the UAC jam mechanic is that it's just a dice roll, rather than being affected by an undisciplined trigger finger MACRO SETUP.

Ah-ha i think i fixed the flaw in your idea there.. Youre right now.. 100% maximum DPS with ZERO chance of Jamming EVER!.

sorry but timing based jam checks would just mean rampant macro abuse to eliminate them completely.. Better to just leave it as a random chance on a double tap. macros wont be able to avoid RNGesus.

#35 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Range isn't an issue with those, but is the damage that good against PPCs/LLs? Are people forced to run more than 3 for dakka power? j/w Just watched a video of a guy using 3 of them(with other weapons) and kind of struggled in both HPG and Frozen City.

4 UAC2 on a H2C Throws out 500 dmg in losses like its going out of style...raspberry jams and all!

Edited by Revis Volek, 20 February 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#36 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostProbably Not, on 20 February 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Something else that gets me about the jam mechanic for UACs in MWO - aren't BT ACs in general supposed to be caseless systems? I mean, I realize there are more ways for a gun to jam than a simple "stovepipe" type of jam, but...

There is caseless ammo in the form of a specialty ammo type for ACs (not the regular ammo type). Caseless ammo by BT rules has doubled ammo per ton but the weapon has a chance to jam and your AC can ONLY handle caseless ammo forever (all or nothing).

#37 Marstorius

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationReedley, CA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

I use 3xUAC2 and 3xUAC5 and do well over 1k dmg so I dont think anything is wrong.

#38 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

The problem is jams are supposed to be serious, but I have seen these scenarios. (1) Tryhard Joe guy fighting me sees them go red on the paper doll and turns away scornfully. A second later I get up, shake the guns to unjam them, and blast away twice as fast at him. (2). I am shooting at Joe and he does critical damage to my torso. Both UACs stop shooting. I draw my ankle small lasers and charge in. In the process I shake the remaining gun to unjam it and start blasting away. Jams are funny, not serious. Edit: shaking does not work that is just how I imagine it.

Edited by Magnus Santini, 20 February 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#39 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

View PostMarstorius, on 20 February 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

I use 3xUAC2 and 3xUAC5 and do well over 1k dmg so I dont think anything is wrong.

the uac2 actually improved with the nerfs, one less second of jam time for only a slight increase in jam chance. i find this weapon a lot more deadly now than ever.

#40 zeta44

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

I always forget about the jam mechanic, then in the middle of the fight my gun decides "no." And I end up in a bad situation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users