5 replies to this topic

#1 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

First, not nearly enough information. MWO is a CPU hog, if your i5 is slower than your i7, that was a step back. Which i7 was you running previously? And the i5, which i5?

Control Panel, Power Options, set to High Performance
Nvidia UI, 3D, Power Management mode, change from Adaptive to Max Performance

And are you running in Full Screen, Full Window or Windowed mode? And have you tried each?

What are you in-game settings?

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:22 AM

View PostAnalog Botanist, on 20 February 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

I did what you suggested, and set my power options to "high performance". I'm hoping that will help some; will check tomorrow. I attempted to go into NVidia Control Panel, but for some reason I'm getting an error message: "NVIDIA display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU". This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, considering today I updated my graphics drivers, but it sounds like it may be a clue to what the issue is.

It sounds like you might have plugged your display into the motherboard's onboard video instead of the video card.

#3 Feuerfuss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:29 AM

Looks like the cpu internal graphics is active.
Is the HDMI cable really connected to the g-card HDMI port or the motherboard HDMI port(if available)?
You could also try installing the Intel VGA driver first and then the Nvidia driver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users