#361 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

View PostKaethir, on 24 May 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

I would think it depends on the implementation they did.

I haven't changed any specs yet so I don't have a clear indication of that particular issue.

Currently if you deactivate a node, apply, then decide to reapply that node at a later time, you have the unlocked node that you can click on the right side to pay 400 MXP or on the left side to pay 400 GXP. The only indication that you get as to what you've chosen is above the "Apply changes" button a readout of how much MXP and GXP you're choosing to spend to reactivate those nodes. There is no indication which nodes have been selected with which form of XP; there really should be an indication of some kind.

#362 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

View Postmycroft000, on 24 May 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Currently if you deactivate a node, apply, then decide to reapply that node at a later time, you have the unlocked node that you can click on the right side to pay 400 MXP or on the left side to pay 400 GXP. The only indication that you get as to what you've chosen is above the "Apply changes" button a readout of how much MXP and GXP you're choosing to spend to reactivate those nodes. There is no indication which nodes have been selected with which form of XP; there really should be an indication of some kind.

That would be nice, although... Me personally, I would like to just be able to default eat up all mech XP before using GXP. Then I don't care which one is doing what, because its being used in the order I want.

#363 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Yeah, that would be a good option as well. I've got so much GXP, and GSP on top of the HSP I have on virtually every mech I own that I don't anticipate needing to spend anything for the foreseeable future.

On the bright side, with all of that extreme overabundance of resources, I won't need premium time for the foreseeable future and can speak with my wallet about preferring a better thought out, better costed linear skill tree.

Give us mutually exclusive skills, give us valuable skills that cost 2 to 5 points per node, give us better "bad/useless" skills:

I want to hear someone claim that "Hill Climb" is overpowered.

Make "Improved Gyros" reduce reticle shake when using Jump Jets and MASC(doesn't have to remove it entirely, just give a real benefit to taking it).

Make "Shock Absorbance" 15% per node, so that it's a really tough choice to not take it.

Increase the cap on "Speed Retention" so that it's another tough choice to not use.

Make the Firepower tree overall better. I find it generally useless except for on specific builds. 90% of the time I focus almost everything into Armor, Agility, Operations, and Sensors. The rest of the trees don't offer enough benefits to make a real tradeoff for using all of those over the rest.

#364 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

View Postmycroft000, on 24 May 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

I want to hear someone claim that "Hill Climb" is overpowered.

HILL CLIMB IS OP!!!!

If you believe I got through that with a straight face, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

#365 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Where do I sign?

#366 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

I won't say hill climb is OP, but as I've *had* to take it or speed retention a few times in the OPs tree, I can't deny that its been a *little* helpful with getting my fatties around maps with lots of spots he previously could *almost* get up/over something.

Examples would be the craggy outer areas on the canyon-type maps or some steps in the Bog.

"Reduces the deceleration rate of slowdown when navigating slopes"

So you keep more speed allowing you to get up where you couldn't before and where you could, you don't slow down as much...

This is one of the one I don't mind now, but never would have bought/used a module for it.

#367 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

Yeah, I'll still stand by it being a "useless" skill. It doesn't truly do enough to be a desirable skill. That means that it doesn't serve a true purpose in the tree other than to increase the cost of better skills.

Whether or not they want to separate the trees out and go linear, they need to make the skills we all see as gristle, actually good. Without that there's no reason to use only the minimal nodes to get past them. Make them more desirable and we'll see a lot more people maxing out Hill Climb over pushing for a few nodes in sensors to get one point of Radar Dep.

#368 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Its not like they'll make it linear and still give you 91 skill points. Heck no. They would still make it so you have to decide which skills you want to have.

So whatever it is you want, don't expect to get Seismic, Derp, Speed Tweek 5, Zoom, all the Armor/Struct buffs, *and* offensive buffs if they switched the trees to be linear.

Basically you'd get way less skill points. if they did that.

#369 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

I want linear, I also want mutually exclusive skills, and I want differentiated costs.

Radar Dep 15points
Seismic 15 points

Want extra armor? Can't be more Agile.

I actually came up with a way to expand the old skills system, eliminate modules, still have 91 points, and have it be linear. All you do is expand the old tree into 10 points per node, this gives 80 available nodes at one point each for Basic skills, 40 for Elite at two points each, and you put all of the really good modules into Mastery at 3 points each. To unlock Elite tier nodes you must unlock 40 Basic, to unlock Mastery nodes you must unlock 20 Elite,

91 keeps you from maxing out everything you could want across the board, but still gives you the freedom to access as many as 3 "module" style nodes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users