Potentially The Best Change To Mwo Gameplay Since Quirks Were Added

89 replies to this topic

#81 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

Did I say units? I was talking about the players and at one time CI was top dog so I wouldn't discount the players I listed what so ever. I could care less what units are where today. We are talking about players not units. Stay on focus Posted Image (well I should qualify that with fw top dogs... as far as the player ran comps I don't remember them ever scoring high. are they still around? again I don't keep up with the units at all anymore)

Again contributing info in the heat of battle is not scouting.

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 22 February 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#82 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,533 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 22 February 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

Did I say units? I was talking about the players and at one time CI was top dog

When exactly was that.....?

View PostBellum Dominum, on 22 February 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

Again contributing info in the heat of battle is not scouting.

It isn't just during the heat of battle.....positioning and movements are not always something you get when fully engaged (and typically doesn't matter too much at that point).

#83 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

True if you happen to see enemies in or out of the heat of battle you should be passing that info on to the team but again that is by far not the same as scouting. That is simply opportunity and intel ALWAYS matters. I'd almost argue that it's more important while in full battle ie: target charlie open CT backside, target delta xl build, target alpha is a stick, etc.

(sorry was in a match and came back to qualify my statement regarding CI while you were responding apparently.)

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 22 February 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#84 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 22 February 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

We've all known it but now it's screen captured! Posted Image heyya Allister (Death Drow/DARWIN MURPHY here Posted Image)

Heya! Allister? Well, close enough, I guess :)

#85 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,533 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 22 February 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

True if you happen to see enemies in or out of the heat of battle you should be passing that info on to the team but again that is by far not the same as scouting.

Ummm, what? That is pretty much the main important thing OF scouting. Enemy positioning and movements.....

#86 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

Information of opportunity and going out and gathering information IS NOT THE SAME THING, but talking about scouting instead of the topic of the OP has digressed us way away. Seriously just be glad that FINALLY PGI is putting in some sort of an actual skill system. Cheers! Salute! SKOL!

View PostAlistair Winter, on 22 February 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Heya! Allister? Well, close enough, I guess Posted Image

DOH! lol sorry bro. I phonetically read your name as allister and just typed without paying attention to spelling. Glad to see you are still around. (Ya dirty shill! lol)

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 22 February 2017 - 03:18 PM.

#87 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 22 February 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Information of opportunity and going out and gathering information IS NOT THE SAME THING.

One is a subset of the other.

#88 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,533 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 22 February 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Information of opportunity and going out and gathering information IS NOT THE SAME THING.

Who says it is information of opportunity? Only brawl/rush decks have main bodies that aren't actively trying to find the enemy. Sure there is a difference in that main body mechs can't shift too far from each other to get information, but it doesn't mean they can't actively get information.

Hell one example is how my team used the Grasshopper during the MWOWC on Canyon to actively peek and scout the left side of the map from a high point before inevitably falling down off that point if feeling the smallest sign of pressure. If you aren't doing things like that then you are more than likely way too blind for a poke setup.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 22 February 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#89 Errinovar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

View Post1453 R, on 21 February 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

And if those baselines are absolutely awful?

Is anyone here, outside WarHippy and myself, going to say a damn word if the baselines are low enough that the game feels more like Chromehounds or World of Tanks than MWO?

Nobody knows what the baselines will be but everyone keeps talking about it as if it were occurring in a vacuum, when in fact they talked about how they are combining the mobility trees and adjusting the values. I could be wrong but it seems to me that the intention here is not a direct nerf so much as forcing larger mechs to make a bigger choice about their skill investments in the mobility tree vs the other highly valued trees. I assume that there will be some mobility loss in the best circumstances across the board simply due to quirk losses, but I think it's a bit early to call anything.

#90 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 February 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

I'm going to try it begore judging it too harshly, but I'm not super excited about this change.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not convinced that the raw linear speed is enough to justify higher tonnage engines - especially STD engines or engine sizes that already have some diminishing returns (like 375+).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users