No replies to this topic

#1 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

Posted Image

Here's how I'd make a skill tree. Not exactly linear but without completely unnecessary fillers, not as bloated and messy as what we have on PTS now (I mean the structure not my representation, haha), different SP prices instead of fillers, with some nodes for very specific playstyle.

A few notes:

1. Structure. You start at any initial node (adjacent to branch name) and then unlock any connected nodes you want. Even if they are located in another branch: some nodes connect branches so you may unlock them from any side. It's basically a huge single branch with 5 starting points.

2. I tried to make «fillers» reasonable for further nodes. Like you need more precise dense shots at higher range or better cooling efficiency when you have lower cooldowns.

3. I think that skill tree shouldn't have any nodes increasing heat capacity (or decreasing heat produced by weapons) at all because big heat capacity is one of the roots of alphastrikes meta issue. That's why I didn't include them in any branch.

4. As you may have guessed, my Gauss nodes imply that chargeable Gauss does not explode. Because it shouldn't. At least when it's not charged.

5. All stats are obviously placeholders, but what's important is the difference between values of stats in different nodes.

6. I didn't bother myself making consumables nodes (too boring) but UPGRADING consumables to INCREASE their price makes no sense. Don't even try to implement gold ammo, PGI, your game will die the exact same day you make it.

7. I'm not sure how many SP player should have with skill tree like this. There's 40 SPs per full branch here (considering consumable nodes which I skipped) with 200 SP in total. So somewhere between 40 and 100 should be fine I guess.

8. Daily reminder that 5.4kk C-bills per mastered mech and paying for re-unlocks is complete nonsense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users