40% Less Is Nowhere Near Enough To Get Me To Buy A Mechpack

103 replies to this topic

#61 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:44 PM

I will sell a lot of mechs after this goes live. All non-meta variants will be sold. I will concentrate on the most powerfull mechs and will equip them with the current meta setup. After all, I can quirk the meta mechs as I want to, so no need to keep bad variants.

In addition, I will have enough Mechbays for the next year, especially because I don't need to buy 3 mechs in future to master one. In addition, I would never risk buying a mech pak, because with the new system with more grind it is much more clever to wait, how the mech perform, before you buy one.

I have to say, that I really appreciate the new system, because I need to spend less real money into MWO.

Edited by xe N on, 24 February 2017 - 10:46 PM.

#62 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

50 50 do you simply fail to comprehend the point or are you just trolling with the same stupid 'you'll have enough money refunded to pay for it all' argument?

There are lot of people who won't get a big refund because your '4 modules installed on each mech' assumption is totally wrong.

I've been actively playing for a year or so and have 1500 matches played earning on average 158K so that's about 237 million I've earned.

111 mechs each with 4 modules at your assumed cost of 10 mill each is over 1, 110 million

How could I possibly have bought 4 mech modulus for each mech I own let alone equip them with endo or ferro, double heat sinks, and XL engines? The only modules I own are the free ones I got with preorders plus a couple of weapon cooldown ones for my favourite mechs

I'm about three years short of being able to equip that many modules but I'm supporting the game by collecting mechs which until this skill tree cost hits I was extremely happy to do so (well apart from the IS/clan balance issues that are steadily getting worse)

Edited by Dogstar, 25 February 2017 - 12:45 AM.

#63 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

View PostDogstar, on 23 February 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

I've got about 9 modules in total so I will be getting back very little from the 'refund'

I am so f***** bored of seeing this s***.

Had you not have been cheating the previous system by moving modules around, you would be getting a much larger refund on c-bills and have A LOT less chassis in stock to have to re-master. It is a by-product of your own decisions don't blame PGI for your choices.

Edited by Cygone, 25 February 2017 - 12:53 AM.

#64 Dodger79

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:06 AM

View PostCygone, on 25 February 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

I am so f***** bored of seeing this s***.

Had you not have been cheating the previous system by moving modules around, you would be getting a much larger refund on c-bills and have A LOT less chassis in stock to have to re-master. It is a by-product of your own decisions don't blame PGI for your choices.

Cheating the system? Are you serious? That's like calling someone a cheater just because he uses a navigation app on his smartphone in all of the cars he uses instead of buying a dedicated device for every single car he eventually gets to drive...

Just as a comparison: a radar dep module costs _much_ more then a light Mech, _much_ more then the XL-engine you want to equip, _much_ more then the mandatory DHS-, Endo-, Ferro-upgrades together. So, it is quite logical (and easy to foresee) that people would rather buy a couple of new Mechs then equipping every single one with modules costing multiple times more CB then the Mech itself.

#65 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:15 AM

F*ck you Cygone you're alright so everyone else can get f*cked, nice attitude.

I wasn't 'cheating' the system I simply have never had enough cash to buy modules because I don't have the time to grind.

I'm not blaming PGI for past decisions I'm telling them that they're going lose any income from me, and many others like me, for the foreseeable future

but you're fine so feel free to put everyone else down

#66 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:17 AM

View PostDogstar, on 25 February 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

F*ck you Cygone you're alright so everyone else can get f*cked, nice attitude.

I wasn't 'cheating' the system I simply have never had enough cash to buy modules because I don't have the time to grind.

I'm not blaming PGI for past decisions I'm telling them that they're going lose any income from me, and many others like me, for the foreseeable future

but you're fine so feel free to put everyone else down

At no point have I said I'm fine, but what I can do in the new system is sell all the awful 'Mechs that I had to buy so that I could master the ones I wanted, no way in hell am I going to master things like CPLT-C4 or a Locust that is not a PB!

#67 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:20 AM

View PostCygone, on 25 February 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

At no point have I said I'm fine, but what I can do in the new system is sell all the awful 'Mechs that I had to buy so that I could master the ones I wanted, no way in hell am I going to master things like CPLT-C4 or a Locust that is not a PB!

So, you need less mechbays. And less mechs. Like me.

That good for us. Bad for PGI. Because less mechbays and less mechs = less money for PGI.

However, I'm fine with that Posted Image

Hint: you can already sell the awful mechs and don't need to wait until new skill system!

Edited by xe N on, 25 February 2017 - 02:22 AM.

#68 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:34 AM

Sorry for before Cygone, bad day for me.

I've got a different attitude to mechs, I like having lots, I like all their different oddities, I like that I can keep trying different builds on a 'bad' mech until I get one that works for me (not the meta just my meta), so selling anything but the most awful mechs is not something I want to do, and frankly shouldn't be forced to sell any in order to afford the new skill tree cost.

#69 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

View PostDogstar, on 25 February 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

Sorry for before Cygone, bad day for me.

I've got a different attitude to mechs, I like having lots, I like all their different oddities, I like that I can keep trying different builds on a 'bad' mech until I get one that works for me (not the meta just my meta), so selling anything but the most awful mechs is not something I want to do, and frankly shouldn't be forced to sell any in order to afford the new skill tree cost.

No worries Dog,

I like having Mechs because it gives me choices. That being said a Clan 54Laser Vomit is a 54 Laser-Vomit I don't need 6+ 'Mechs that can all do the same build at 65/70/75tons.

I think most people when they actually play the new skill-tree will find that they have enough c-bills to Master the 'Mechs they want to play WHEN they want to play it. Read NOT enough to Master them all on-release.

#70 Dodger79

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:14 AM

View PostCygone, on 25 February 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

I like having Mechs because it gives me choices. That being said a Clan 54Laser Vomit is a 54 Laser-Vomit I don't need 6+ 'Mechs that can all do the same build at 65/70/75tons.

Well, given that there are changes to tonnage limit in FP, it is indeed good to have several Mechs of same capabilities in different weight classes. If you like running a laservomit-TBR for example and PGI lessens the allowed tonnage for Clans by 10 tons, it is actually very useful to have a HBR or EBJ with an identical loadout, so you can switch the Mech without switching your playstyle.

These balance-changes are sth that worries me bit concerning the new skill tree. Right now i just have to switch weapons and modules if the meta shifts from laser to dakka to Gauss/PPC, all of which costs me absolutely nothing CB- and XP-wise. Under the new system i will have to pay for that, which makes me having less money to equip/skill new Mechs, therefore i need fewer new Mechs -> less money for PGI -> bad business decision.

#71 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:11 AM

I used to think like this, but then I tried to put it in prospective.

1) Ever since they removed R&R, they've lacked a cbill sink in this game. Sure coming across cbills is very rough to start, but after playing a while, you can pretty much have all the cbills you need.

2) PGI has stated, they think the economy is too good in this game, because as has been lamented, "people aren't using their saved premium time." Being cbill poor would give SOME people reason to use premium time.

Like most older players, I have quite a few mastered mechs (182), and while I will have enough xp and cbills to master the ones I like/play, I clearly don't have enough to master them all. That used to upset me too, but then I thought about it, I have 3 ice ferrets, would have to use GXP to master then, but why would I want to do that? I will never use that steaming pile of a mech, let alone 3 variants of it. Why would I use 5 variants of the huntsman, when two or three encompass all the setups I like?

So I'll master all the variants that give cbill bonuses, that I like, or that I use in CW, the rest I'll remove all the weapons and/or engines and leave them as invalid. So for example, when the linebacker comes out next month, I'll only get one and master it, don't need 3 variants of a mech anymore.

I think PG is looking at this as since new players don't have to buy 3 mechs all the time as well as modules, their costs will go down, while older players will have many unmastered mechs because of cost and/or xp requirements, thus bringing the two types closer. Therefore, this helps newer players more than older players. As such, I wouldn't expect them to change much. Not to mention, by creating a cbill sink, PGI is betting more people will buy hero mechs and/or use premium time, to offset their loss of mechpack sales (why buy 3 when you need one). Perhaps their sales are dropping, and they are exploring other sources, not that they would tell us. Time will tell whether they guessed right or not. As for me, I'll see how it goes, if this game isn't fun after these changes, I'll stop playing. There are many other games out there that are fun.

#72 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

Logic is still no good.

Cbills sinks are a bad idea if the end result is to cause people to stop spending money.

If you are collector you stop because you suddenly have a huge backlog.

If you are not a collector you sell mechs as necessary, concentrate only on ones you like.

No need to spend money on anything ever again.

#73 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

View Post50 50, on 23 February 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

So at the moment, to claim that a mech is mastered under the new skill tree it means buying all 91 nodes for that particular mech. That's a total cost of 5,460,000 c-bills.
However, the original mech tree which consists of only 13 skills, 3 of which do not appear to exist under the new system, if multiplied out so each of those skills has 5 levels is the equivalent of 50 nodes.
This is the equivalent of 3,000,000 c-bills.

The additional 41 points we now have access to for each mech is where the modules have been merged into the tree.
That's the equivalent of adding 8 modules to your mechs if you skill it all the way up, possibly more as some of those 'module nodes' under the 1st iteration of the skill tree test only had 1 or 2 levels. You only need another 2,460,000 c-bills if you want to add the module effects. Under the current system in the live client that would be a minimum of 16,000,000 c-bills but to fully module out a mech under live you would probably spend that much just to get the maximum 4 modules.

I expect that many players will not be able to buy all the nodes for all of their mechs with the refund, but if you have spent 16,000,000 on modules for approximately 1/3rd your mechs you would be very close to being able to master all of your mechs as that 16,000,000 will buy enough nodes for 2.93 mechs.

So if you happen to have been very frugal and haven't bought that many modules (4 modules for 1/3rd of your mechs) then ok, you've spent your c-bills elsewhere. Your choice. But you cannot blame anyone else for your decision. Instead look at your existing list of mechs and think that if you will have 3,000,000 c-bills for each to get that first 50 nodes... then you will be back to where you are right now.

So, yes, we save some c-bills thanks to module swapping. We all do it.
If you have somehow managed to survive with 4 modules but have over 100 mechs, you will get no sympathy. That's gone from being frugal and practical to something else. Sell some of the mechs to get the cash. Buy them back later, you'll still have the XP for them. Sell some excess equipment from your inventory. Skill up your favourites as those will be the ones you pilot the most anyway and you will earn the cash to spend on the others while enjoying what you normally do.

That said, 91 skills is going to be too many.
Let's petition to drop that to 40 or 50 at most.

... So once again you propose punishing people who play differently. For the OP that still means a ~1.25 year deficit to achieve parity with what we currently have for no goddamn reason.

#74 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostTercieI, on 23 February 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

This is the thing I've been saying. It's just a suicidal business model.

Business as usual for PGI.

But really you have to think this is misdirection or something. There must be a master plan somewhere.

#75 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 23 February 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

You can get 25 million from the kdk pack

No you don't. I just bought those.

#76 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 25 February 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

No you don't. I just bought those.

If you break down each mech into it's components and sell off everything except the two 'prime' variants (I don't mean literally KDK-Prime but the two 'best') and their necessarily equipment you indeed come out with around 25 million cbills. Which is what they meant. You don't just get 25 million cbills as part of the mechpack.. that would be insanely dumb on pgi's part.

#77 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 25 February 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

If you break down each mech into it's components and sell off everything except the two 'prime' variants (I don't mean literally KDK-Prime but the two 'best') and their necessarily equipment you indeed come out with around 25 million cbills. Which is what they meant. You don't just get 25 million cbills as part of the mechpack.. that would be insanely dumb on pgi's part.

Ah thats true, the new economy will have you sell the mech you pay for because you can't sustain them.

Ive been Threatening my "other than Prime" Clan mech i got from the first wave to sell them since release because i dont play them. They have neither the cbill boost and no "soul" or personality if you will, without locked hardpoint. I guess ill follow through now. The KDK however are each different.

Edited by DAYLEET, 25 February 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#78 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 25 February 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Ah thats true, the new economy will have you sell the mech you pay for because you can't sustain them.

Ive been Threatening my "other than Prime" Clan mech i got from the first wave to sell them since release because i dont play them. They have neither the cbill boost and no "soul" or personality if you will, without locked hardpoint. I guess ill follow through now. The KDK however are each different.

Yeah most of the mech packs I've bought I've ended up selling at least 1/2 of after opening up mastery for the ones I'd decided I'd actually play. I bought the big invasion pre-order for instance and only have 1 direwolf having sold all the others. Sold quite a few of the others as well such as only had 1 maddog for awhile.. was saddened a bit by that when they got brought it back up to more playable and ended up spending cbills on another but wasn't mad at pgi for it.

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 25 February 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#79 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

View Post50 50, on 24 February 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

LotRO was an example of an MMO where they increased the level cap and skills you had on a character moved to a higher level meaning you had to level up again to get those skills back. Didn't get any refund for the efforts with that one.

However, with MWO if we take the example of a mastered mech we have:
Master skill: 21,500xp
4 Elite skills: 21,000xp
8 Basic Skills: 14,250xp
So we get a refund of 57,250xp
That's enough XP to buy 71 skill nodes at the new cost of 800xp/node.
If those 13 original skills were broken up into 5 levels each, that would have been 65 nodes.
As it is, pin point, fast fire and the module slot (not sure about the consumable change at this stage) are not included in the new tree but let's say the old mech tree has ported over 10 skills into the new system for a total of 50 nodes.
You will still have 21 nodes worth of xp refunded from a currently mastered mech to effectively put into 4 modules worth of skills.

If we can also assume that on that mastered mech you did have 4 modules installed the c-bill refund would likely be in excess of 10,000,000 c-bills. (2 weapon modules would be 6 mil + 2 other modules which at their cheapest would be another 4mil but likely more). So with that refund you should be able to spend 3,000,000 on 3 mechs to get those first 50 nodes for each. Now if you happened to have kitted out at least 1/3rd of your mechs with the typical 4 modules: 2 weapon, radar deprivation and seismic sensor you would have 18 mil refunded for those sets. Split that difference 3 ways again for another 3,000,000 to each mech and you will have enough c-bills to afford the extra 41 nodes on all three of those mechs and have 540,000 x3 c-bills left over.

Chances are on each of those mechs you will also have some excess mech XP. You only need another 16,000 xp to get those last 20 skill nodes. Given there is also the refund from the GXP spent on getting the modules and more than likely a bunch of left over GXP anyway, you will probably be able to complete the skill tree with the extra goodies.

So, all that said, the exceptions will be those players who for some reason have hundreds of mechs but only ever bought a handful of modules which they religiously swapped between mechs. You will miss out on some c-bills and potentially not be able to afford all the skills. But this will only be those players who have less than 1/3rd of your mechs fully equipped with modules.
If you are, put your hand up and accept that this is the choice you made. HOWEVER, if you can afford 3 mil for each of those mechs and have enough XP on the mech or floating around as GXP to afford the 40,000xp (50*800xp) cost to get those first 50 nodes then you will be no worse off. Better even as you have the choice of which 50 nodes you actually want to get.

BUT THERE IS HOPE!!
Do you have a few extra weapons lying around in your inventory, perhaps a bunch of additional heatsinks or some old engines.
Maybe you have a few duplicate mechs that you won and really don't want or need. You will have a way to fund your costs to get these skills if you did not get a big refund from modules. For example, if I look at my inventory at the moment I have 36 clan medium pulse lasers. I can sell each one of those for 60,000 c-bills. That's one node per laser and I have plenty of other items I can sell if I want to.

So, I hope that helps to clarify the situation as it is looking at v2.0 of the skill tree.

I'd be okay with this if there wasn't a C-Bill cost associated with it. Let's look at it from the perspective of Mastering a Mech now gets you 80% of the skill nodes (roughly), vs. the C-Bill cost gets you 40%.

Scenario 1 will be the currently proposed system. Under that system, most players will spend a lot of time on a few money makers to farm up the cash they need, so long as they have enough XP on the Mech they are trying to level. So if I have 80 mechs to re-master, I'd probably end up only playing my Hero/Special Mechs that usually give me a high yield (out of 25 such Mechs that I own and have mastered now, maybe 12 I would put into that category). So I'll spend the next year on these 12 Mechs in effort to farm up enough C-Bills to level up what I already have.

Alternatively, in Scenario 2, where I take my 80 mastered Mechs, and I need maybe 15000 XP on each of them, that means I hit every different Mech I own that I want to take from 80% to 100% and play for a few hours to top them off.

With no C-Bill cost, or a very cheap one that's covered by the refunds most players will get, I would hit all of my Mechs again for a little bit, which would be similar to leveling up each of my characters from 70 to 80 after an expansion in an MMO. What we have on the table now is that I can take my ten level 70 characters, and I can get 4 level 80s and 6 level 1s, and I have to re-level the 1s. Oh, and those that I'm releveling aren't my favorites, because I'd get the XP on those first. Why level them? Because I ain't selling them (they might be good after some changes, like the Spider 5K) and I have the XP on them that I don't want to waste.

#80 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostDogstar, on 25 February 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

50 50 do you simply fail to comprehend the point or are you just trolling with the same stupid 'you'll have enough money refunded to pay for it all' argument?

There are lot of people who won't get a big refund because your '4 modules installed on each mech' assumption is totally wrong.

I've been actively playing for a year or so and have 1500 matches played earning on average 158K so that's about 237 million I've earned.

111 mechs each with 4 modules at your assumed cost of 10 mill each is over 1, 110 million

How could I possibly have bought 4 mech modulus for each mech I own let alone equip them with endo or ferro, double heat sinks, and XL engines? The only modules I own are the free ones I got with preorders plus a couple of weapon cooldown ones for my favourite mechs

I'm about three years short of being able to equip that many modules but I'm supporting the game by collecting mechs which until this skill tree cost hits I was extremely happy to do so (well apart from the IS/clan balance issues that are steadily getting worse)

No, not trolling. Just trying to provide a counter point as it seems many players have leapt to a single conclusion in the process but may have missed some of the other aspects of the whole change.

Let me start off this time by saying everyone is probably in a similar position. Some of us have more mechs than others, fine.
However it is highly unlikely that anyone with a large number of mechs would have a full set of modules for all of them. As you have pointed out, to outfit 111 mechs with 4 modules each is a hefty sum of c-bills.

But the bit you missed in my discussion was asking if you perhaps had spent enough c-bills on modules to completely outfit 1/3rd of them. ie. If you condensed all of your modules, would you have 37 of your mechs fully equipped with modules?
If you have, then the refund of those modules should cover the cost of buying the first 50 skill nodes for those 37 mechs as well as the other 74 in your mech bays.

It's only going to cost 3,000,000 per mech for those first 50 nodes which will be the equivalent or as close as it can be to mastering the mech right now with the added advantage of not having to get skills that you really don't need. eg. Don't need the torso twist angle for an Urban Mech, probably don't need something like arm reflex for most Warhammers. So you can put those points into something else. This is solely about saying "this was what I had skilled up on my mech without including any modules"

Let me try and describe it another way.
I have 3 Centurions with the mech tree mastered.
However I've only bought 4 modules which I swap between them.
With the change I would get enough XP refunded from each of those mechs to buy 71 nodes for each of them.
If the 4 modules I purchased were Radar Dep, Seismic Sensors and 2 weapon mods, the refund from those 4 modules is going to be 18,000,000 in c-bills.
To buy 91 nodes on a single mech I need 5,460,000 c-bills.
Therefore for my three Centurions I need a total of 16,380,000 c-bills so I'll be coming out ahead with another 1,620,000 left in the bank which is nice.
All that is then needed is the additional XP to get the extra 20 skills for each mech (we already have 71 nodes bought). That's 16,000xp for each. Now I'm afraid I am unsure how much XP it takes for the mech and weapon modules but there is probably a few thousand XP being refunded from the pilot skill tree. Chances are I have additional XP sitting on my three Centurions anyway and more than likely some GXP which could be used as well, so I'm probably in a good place to actually get all 91 skill nodes for all three mechs.
So I will go from having 1 Centurion fully mastered and fully completed with all the modules to actually having all 3 of my Centurions full mastered and also completed with all the modules.... and some left over c-bills.

The point I'm trying to clarify is that it is only 50 skill nodes to get the equivalent of the existing mech tree.

It's the equivalent of another 20 nodes to add 4 modules to a mech.

We then have the additional 21 nodes that the skill tree is providing which is like adding 4 additional modules. This is a bonus, an increase in our level of mastery.

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 25 February 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

... So once again you propose punishing people who play differently. For the OP that still means a ~1.25 year deficit to achieve parity with what we currently have for no goddamn reason.

No, I'm saying that a mech that has been mastered under the old system is only the equivalent of 50 nodes under the new system. I am also saying that if you have actually bought enough modules to completely outfit 1/3rd of all of your mechs, you will be able to afford the c-bill cost for those 50 nodes for all of your mechs at a minimum. More thanks to having some left over.
You don't lose anything.
To get any mech back to where it was with modules equippedit is another 20 nodes. 16,000 xp and 1,200,000 c-bills per mech.
Chances are you will probably be able to afford that for 1/3rd of your mechs so you will be back to where you were with 1/3rd of your mechs fully mastered and fully equipped with modules.

The real difference is that you can't now take those modules and put it on the other mechs but it does not change the fact that even when doing this you only had 1/3rd of your mechs that could be considered 'finished'. This is no different to anyone else playing the game. Unless you have a very small number of mechs, it's highly unlikely that anyone has 4 modules on all of their mechs. I certainly don't.

Now if Dogstar has only ever bought 4 modules in total and does swap those 4 between all 111 of his mechs.... I would be a little dumbfounded and just have to shrug my shoulders. But I would find that very difficult to believe hence asking the question, has he bought enough modules to completely outfit 1/3rd of his mechs.
I'm sorry.
I've just re-read your post Dogstar.
So you only have a couple of weapon modules.
And a few from the pre-orders.
Your c-bills have gone into enhancing the mechs, changing equipment, changing weapons. I get that. Who doesn't do that.
Did you not at some point during the last few years actually think that, hey I like this mech and this load out, I'll add these modules to it so it's always ready to go in the same way as thinking that you won't change the weapon loadout or the engine on the mech again?
What happened to all the old engines and equipment that you might have taken off your mechs, are they still in your inventory?
How many modules in total do you have?

So no, I am not suggesting he be punished for buying less modules. I am suggesting that it is not as bad as he thinks and that he will have other options available that has not been taken into consideration in his OP.

Edited by 50 50, 25 February 2017 - 10:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users