Dropshit Engine Noise

9 replies to this topic

#1 Caldek

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

Hi Devs,

Can we get a button or volume bar for the dropship engine noise? You guys have that effect cranked on the bass and a lot of us live in apartments or other communal housing. Or we just don't want to disturb a spouse trying to sleep in an adjacent room. This is a fairly sever quality of life request, and one that has been made before. You should prioritize this for inclusion in the next patch. It should be easy, and it means a lot to many of us.

Rgds,
Cal

yeah, sry on the title, I can't figure out the edit for that one...I guess Freudian slip....

Edited by Caldek, 26 February 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:27 AM

Posted Image

Those dakka get real loud. Also, "dropshit" on the title.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 February 2017 - 01:28 AM.

#3 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:32 AM

I came here for the title actually.

Relying on PGI to add a feature? You'd be better off trying to fix this yourself. Aside your flatmates thinking aliens have invaded from the sound of the dropship followed by pew pew. Here's my tips:

Some gaming software has a variable sound checkbox you could try. It makes quiet sounds a little louder and big sounds quieter to stop your eardrums blowing up.

Asides that, I am very glad my old creative 5.1 has a volume and bass dial that is next to my keyboard. You can purchase inline sound adjusters, if you have a simple sound setup, you plug the speakers into the adjuster and the adjuster to PC and control it from there. Perhaps hotkeys might be available for your sound too. My old keyboard seems to have a volume dial and lots of extra function keys for this sorta stuff too e.g. mute.

Hope that helps.

#4 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:04 AM

Buy a Headset.

Seriously, I usually hate people who offer "just throw money on it"-advice, but here a headset is the solution.
Also it gets you access to a microphone, which makes communication a lot easier.

#5 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:06 AM

Dropshit Engine Noise

good topic

Edited by xe N on, 26 February 2017 - 04:07 AM.

#6 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:11 AM

I had my volume for my headphones at normal-highish all night and it was all good. And then I got to spectate someones AC-2 King Crab and almost blew my eardrums.

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Alistair Winter, 26 February 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#8 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:15 AM

I'm not sure what OP wants PGI to do about the fact that it sounds like the apolllo launch when he is on the crapper. you should get that checked out man.

#9 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 26 February 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

I'm not sure what OP wants PGI to do about the fact that it sounds like the apolllo launch when he is on the crapper. you should get that checked out man.

The effect noise of the DS is about 10x louder then other effects....

I have effects and stuff turned down more then half way but the DS is so loud i cant ever hear TS in the beginning of my matches until the Dropshit leaves me alone and stops burning the paint off my mech.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostCaldek, on 25 February 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Hi Devs,

Can we get a button or volume bar for the dropship engine noise? You guys have that effect cranked on the bass and a lot of us live in apartments or other communal housing. Or we just don't want to disturb a spouse trying to sleep in an adjacent room. This is a fairly sever quality of life request, and one that has been made before. You should prioritize this for inclusion in the next patch. It should be easy, and it means a lot to many of us.

Rgds,
Cal

yeah, sry on the title, I can't figure out the edit for that one...I guess Freudian slip....

1) You can tweak effects volume, etc in the mechlab settings.
2) Headphones are the friends of everyone living in apartments, etc.
3)PGI does have some very freaking uneven sound leveling, making me wonder if they ever hired a sound engineer.

View PostRevis Volek, on 26 February 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

The effect noise of the DS is about 10x louder then other effects....

I have effects and stuff turned down more then half way but the DS is so loud i cant ever hear TS in the beginning of my matches until the Dropshit leaves me alone and stops burning the paint off my mech.

this must vary by setup, because honestly the dropships have never stood out as terribly noticeably (to me... I have mine set up to a television entertainment sound system with a separate subwoofer). Hell, compared to the sound effects opening the bloody client, everything else seems downright quite.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 February 2017 - 09:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users