#281 Heketon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 20 March 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

WHY cant IS Mechs get their Ballistic Slots spread all over the mech like Clan do??? Kaiju would be infinitely more attractive if the Ballistic Slots were on both Torsos... dual AC/20 or dual Gauss. But this is just another terrible mech that has nothing to set apart of the vast array of other terrible IS Assault mechs

Because FASA's technical readouts did not have them set up that way. If you haven't done so already, check out the Mauler. It has ballistic slots in both torsos.

#282 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

The annihilator was one of the few "IS" mechs, and I use that loosely since it was actually a clan produced mech, that had its ballistic mounts in the side torsos and both arms. Cataphracts were one of the rare others to spread them around, and the simple reason is that "hardpoints" is a PGI invention. There was no limitation in CBT as to how many weapons you could fit, or where they might be placed, beyond crit space limitations.

Additionally... with a RANDOM hit location table... it made sense to spread different weapons around generally, since it meant they'd survive longer in a fight. Then there was also the flavour text fluff describing ammo feed paths and so forth and talking about how the mech looked in the art work (case in point, read about the bushwacker and its cooling system) to explain why all the ballistics end up in one spot, and the energy weapons another. There actually was NO such issue in the mech construction rules but the FASA writers wanted to add stuff to their TRO's and sourcebooks about the mech histories so...

Edited by Dee Eight, 30 March 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#283 4ries

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Well, I have caved in and bought me the Urbie Hero Mech; the U.H.M. Posted Image
If only that lightbar would work, either always or when you make a kill. Also a siren would be neat as a warhorn.
Note; this is not my idea. Someone else already postulated this...
I have also bought the Ballistic Crab. Removing the 2 uac5's and replacing them with AC5's and you get another 2 tons of ammo for the ac's...

#284 LazerTag

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

I was really looking forward to distributed ballistic slots on the King Crab. Move 1 energy slot to each torso. Put 1 ballistic on each arm and torso for 4 total. Move 1 missile slot to the opposite torso. This distribution would help alot with how the KGC loses a huge chunk of weaponry when 1 torso gets taken out. And $25 for a single mech?

The urbie needs an addition ballistic slot on the right arm. (but i am still going to get it.)

#285 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 23 March 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Why does PGI do 6 months between money and MC releases, for these hero mechs? MC is way different from a free cbill release.

Different levels of incentive, since they try to avoid P2W, you pay for early access and cold hard cash is way more attractive than even MC...

#286 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

please go back to the drawing board for the panther

it offers absolutely nothing interesting compared to existing panther units
people will only use it to run PPCx2 or PPC + SRM4A or SRM6
anything else is better performed by a wolfhound or jenner

move the missile hard point to its side torso, consider giving it a missile on each side

or give it 1E 1B on each arm

i dont know

do something that gives it a purpose to exist compared to other panthers

Edited by Naduk, 07 April 2017 - 08:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users