A Deep Thank You To Pgi, For Making The Deputy Dawg A Reality As The New Urbie Hero K-9

143 replies to this topic

#41 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

Congrats Bish been waiting on this one a long time

BTW I got the first post about this over on the urbanmech-arrives-on-the-battlefield thread AKA the thread that will not die

https://mwomercs.com.../page__st__3560

#42 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

I am very happy they did this.

Also a thank you to Bishop and all those who campaigned for the Urbie in the first place. Quite happy with my little trashcan.

I will be buying the Urbie hero.

#43 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostZolaz, on 27 February 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

lol ... Bish why are you so surprised that PGI will make any mech as long as you throw jack at them? If PGI can do anything, it is slapdash a skin on a mech and charge your for it. PGI's real problem is being able to make a game that people want to play.

View PostRequiemking, on 27 February 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Meh, its just an Urbanmech, and one with a terribly bad paintscheme as well. Seriously, put Saint Ives Blues' paintscheme onto K9, then we'll have something good, because currently the most interesting thing about that Urbanmech is the lightbar.

It's amazing that forum dwelling morons like yourselves get your rocks off by craping on other people's parades. Keep doing what you're doing and y'all will get yours one day.

I am gonna get this mech as show of support to PGI respecting their fans like this and Bishop Steiner who came up with the design, as well to spite man-children like Zolaz and others who love to get attention by acting like spoiled toxic brats.

Sure PGI may do and add things that I don't understand or agree with, but on this occasion they did something right. Although I agree that the siren should be animated when making a kill or a "citizen's arrest" Posted Image .

Anyway once this mech comes out, I will be watching this new season of COPS :
Posted Image

So once again, Kudos to PGI and Congratulations to Bishop Steiner.

Edited by Will9761, 14 June 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#44 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

The one downside here is that the hardpoint layout basically means that most people who buy it will inevitably make it into laser vomit (5 energy 1 ballistic). People do that already on normal Urbies, but this one is basically custom built for it.

There should have been like 2 missile hardpoints somewhere in there to make it feel more unique relative to other Urbies.

I would have loved to have the CT racks of my original concept, but with RAC2, and Light AC5s coming, I can still add a decent ballistic... I have to go pretty slow to effectively run a 10, though, or a RAC5.

That said, I've already dummy built it.... and if we get the appropriate tech....it can run a 180xl, 3 JJs, and 5xERSL with a RAC2 and 2 tons of ammo. Which sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

View PostDino Might, on 27 February 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

Hmmm, I guess it's a copyright issue with naming it, "Deputy Dawg." I wonder how long that copyright will last...isn't that cartoon really old? 1963...+70 years - guess we'd need to wait until 2033 until we could use that name. Oh well.

At this point, really need to know the details on the flashing lights. That feature is a must have.

yeah, away knew if it was going to be used... the name would end up the Sheriff... Deputy .... at least it didn't end up with what Paul trolled me with a year ago... Police Pooch!

View PostWill9761, on 27 February 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

So once again, Kudos to PGI and Congratulations to Bishop Steiner.

thanks man, really appreciate it. And a clan mate over at CGBI bought me the pack (I know it's cheap. but hey, unemployed currently which means I simply cannot justify fun stuff atm.), so I will be eagerly awaiting it's arrival June 20. Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 February 2017 - 09:36 PM.

#45 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

Its just missing a warhorn isnt it...

I propose this one:

#46 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

I would have loved to have the CT racks of my original concept, but with RAC2, and Light AC5s coming, I can still add a decent ballistic... I have to go pretty slow to effectively run a 10, though, or a RAC5.

That said, I've already dummy built it.... and if we get the appropriate tech....it can run a 180xl, 3 JJs, and 5xERSL with a RAC2 and 2 tons of ammo. Which sounds like a lot of fun, actually.

Srsly, yer speaking my language!
But really, thank you for your contributions to this game, Bishop.

#47 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

yeah, away knew if it was going to be used... the name would end up the Sheriff... Deputy .... at least it didn't end up with what Paul trolled me with a year ago... Police Pooch!

thanks man, really appreciate it. And a clan mate over at CGBI bought me the pack (I know it's cheap. but hey, unemployed currently which means I simply cannot justify fun stuff atm.), so I will be eagerly awaiting it's arrival June 20. Posted Image

Gratz, 2u Bishop Steiner.
I was kind of hoping its name is "Deputy K-9", instead.

Edited by MOBAjobg, 27 February 2017 - 10:06 PM.

#48 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

eh, considering that Urbies are usually following the team like a lost puppy, and are almost a mascot mech in Battletech? Oh, and that you know... the name was deputy DAWG (aka dog).... I mean... it could have ended up the Barney Fife....
Posted Image

ok ... to name my k-9 barny or fife or the knotts .... or do i just get 3 of them ????

#49 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

I pestered Russ since Closed Beta for an Urbie. I drunk pestered him at the San Fran Launch Event. And I kept pestering him, in PMs, on Twitter, etc...until he finally caved....with a caveat.

The Urbanmech would happen.... IF a certain Pre-order Goal was met. Thanks to our awesome community, it was met, and blown out of the water, and so for 2 years? now I've had my Urbanmechs.

And during all this time, I've gone on the occasional forum binge with my Deputy Dawg design and character, to the point Spooky777 (who has since gone on to work for Battletech offcially) did a nice piece of artwork featuring one version of it.
Posted Image

Then someone poked me a PM with a really well made image of it, that looked legit.... because it IS???????
Posted Image

1 Ballistic in the RA, 2 Energy in the CT and 3 Energy in the LA? Fantastic!

I'm..... I'm blown away PGI would do this, and just as blown away how many community members demanded it. So this is a big sloppy thank you, to all of y'all this made this happen! I look forward to pasting speeding tickets on your butts, very soon!

Well I hope your happy. Bought the K9 and went ahead and grabbed the Javelin pack while I was there.

#50 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

View Postjjm1, on 27 February 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

Its just missing a warhorn isnt it...

I propose this one:

that'd work

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 February 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#51 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

always nice, to see a lost dog returning to its owner

#52 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 27 February 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

I think honestly everyone is over reacting to it. Must be that herd sheep pack mentality. However, congrats to Bishop on getting his concept art as an official hero. I liked the name Deputy Dawg better than K9. A K9 unit usually applies to a dog and I see nothing that applies to that on the urbanmech, lol. Probably should have had a bobble head German Shepard that comes with the urbanmech or something.

Just can't understand how people may love the little trashcans?

This kind of makes me sad. I mean, i get some crazy people may not like it, but I don't question why some people love other certain mechs - like the Timberwolf, for example.

Some people's love of mechs is based on pure unmitigated awesomeness is all.

#53 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

We also have the Kaiju now, the layout is closer to The6thMessenger's Pulsar idea but seeing the K-9 and Kaiju next to each other on the pre-order page is something special.

#54 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:07 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 27 February 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

We also have the Kaiju now, the layout is closer to The6thMessenger's Pulsar idea but seeing the K-9 and Kaiju next to each other on the pre-order page is something special.

I'm cool with that.... seeing a little love for several folks sprinkled thru....

Also noted the new Hero Mauler will accept my TT loadout
Posted Image
with the timejump.... SSRM6 in each torso, with PPCs (pick your flavor... I like that Snub Nose match the range of ....) the 2x RAC5.

The Zeus intrigues me... and he Grasshopper and Panther are beyond gorgeous. Goodness the Katana Kat may have the best skin ever introduced in the game! With some custom Geo apparently returning... I really am curious to see what the next Clan Heroes look like!

also need to give a big thank you to the community... for the goodwill y'all have been showing me about this... and for the number of people who seem genuinely to want my little police bot! What a long strange trip it's been!

#55 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:27 PM

Wallet open and purchased the Urbanmech... I hope to god the lights work somehow. If they dont then what would be a let down and another failed attempt from PGI. If they have the lights work then it would be EPIC!!!!

#56 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

I'm..... I'm blown away PGI would do this, and just as blown away how many community members demanded it. So this is a big sloppy thank you, to all of y'all this made this happen! I look forward to pasting speeding tickets on your butts, very soon!

Saw the news, smiled then ordered.

TBH, couple other Hero's there I am happy to see and happy to buy.

#57 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:23 AM

Congrats Bishop, nice one Posted Image
Bought one because.... epicness!

Now let those damn lights work
Posted Image

I hope PGI gift you with a K-9 for the work... Posted Image

Edited by W31rdWarrior, 28 February 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#58 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 27 February 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

I think honestly everyone is over reacting to it. Must be that herd sheep pack mentality. However, congrats to Bishop on getting his concept art as an official hero. I liked the name Deputy Dawg better than K9. A K9 unit usually applies to a dog and I see nothing that applies to that on the urbanmech, lol. Probably should have had a bobble head German Shepard that comes with the urbanmech or something.

Umm.... The naming is consistent with the original concept wish
Deputy Dawg -> Deputy Dog -> Deputy Canine -> K-9 Posted Image

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 28 February 2017 - 12:34 PM.

#59 The Silent Protagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUK, Buckinghamshire

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:04 AM

Grats Bishop. Genuinely pleases me to see fan service from devs. Shows they do care, imo.

Here's to many hours of K9 squadrons bringing the long arm of the law

#60 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:45 AM

gratz bishop. saw the update for resistance mechs, started going through the mechs- "hmm crab- yeah go for that, enforcer...maybe, th.. HERO URBIE! IT'S K9! WHERE"S BISHOP STEINER?" was my approximate thought pattern before clicking "buy". then of course went on to the scared undying gospel of urbie thread to make sure it had been updated then found the link to this thread and here I am.

would have been nice to swap a laser or two for a missile slot is about my only complaint.

and remember when dropping in these- it was the sheriff who always got shot in the song, not the deputy (dawg). though that might be nerfed in a future patch.

Edited by Tanar, 28 February 2017 - 06:45 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users