A Deep Thank You To Pgi, For Making The Deputy Dawg A Reality As The New Urbie Hero K-9

143 replies to this topic

#81 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 28 February 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

congrats Bishop, Posted Image

maybe one day ill get my Nova-K, some day,...

keep trooping Andi. Took me over four years to get here.... but worth every bit of it to have it made real!

#82 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Working light bar or the Local Police force strikes~!

I will park me new hero urbie! If the lights dont work how will i pull over speeding assaults?

PA system warhorn? "License and Registration Clanner!!!"

Edited by Revis Volek, 28 February 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#83 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 28 February 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Working light bar or the Local Police force strikes~!

I will park me new hero urbie! If the lights dont work how will i pull over speeding assaults?

PA system warhorn? "License and Registration Clanner!!!"

wouldn't that be "codex and bloodline, clanner?"

#84 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

wouldn't that be "codex and bloodline, clanner?"

Why, yes...

yes it would.

Needs the police siren noise to start it off though, a quick whoop whoop then busted!

Edited by Revis Volek, 28 February 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#85 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

If I end up with some extra cash anytime soon I'm very tempted to get this. Be fun to have a militarized police mech running (for a certain value of running) around after other mechs.

#86 tinnman94

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

all your gonna hear from me in all chat is probably me screaming at enemy mechs to stop resisting and I will call out what mech I am targeting in the process. but hey at least it would be fun. again swat urbie with riot shield for the left arm also somewhat bends over the top to protect from missiles. name the swat urbie "blockade" and imagine it and a K9 working together k9 dps's and the "blockade" tanks with the shield.

Edited by tinnman94, 28 February 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#87 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 February 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

The one downside here is that the hardpoint layout basically means that most people who buy it will inevitably make it into laser vomit (5 energy 1 ballistic). People do that already on normal Urbies, but this one is basically custom built for it.

There should have been like 2 missile hardpoints somewhere in there to make it feel more unique relative to other Urbies.

Missiles would have been a great idea, but at least this configuration will actually be good as a 30 ton mech and not just adorable team mascot. Slow AC boat just doesn't work under MWO rules, unfortunately, so I'll take what I can get.

And congrats to Bishop for becoming an ingame hero! I agree they ought to attribute it, if not directly than something close like "The Bishop / Steiner Irregular" that's obvious enough to those paying attention.

#88 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Reading back on your original concept, what would it mean for UAC5 in law enforcement? After all the Heavy-Laser was suppose to match autocannon power and exceed range, without ammo requirement and over-penetration -- yes the K9 has large laser, but wouldn't the UAC5 be a vulgar amount of fire-power?

And also remembering your original concept, i think i would like a 1M, SRM2 on the CT except of the 2E, 2x SL instead.

#89 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 28 February 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Reading back on your original concept, what would it mean for UAC5 in law enforcement? After all the Heavy-Laser was suppose to match autocannon power and exceed range, without ammo requirement and over-penetration -- yes the K9 has large laser, but wouldn't the UAC5 be a vulgar amount of fire-power?

And also remembering your original concept, i think i would like a 1M, SRM2 on the CT except of the 2E, 2x SL instead.

yeah, the mech morphed many times, but my initial one here was a Large Laser, MG and SRM2 (mixed warhead capability, tear gas, smoke, fire retardent, etc). Laser was for hardened targets.

I also used to run a model with LL and std AC5... 3025 tech it was the "designated marksman" for the lance, in case we had to engage at range, etc. I do think a UAC5 is.. not ideal for urban combat.

That said, in TT Lore, the UAC5 is meant to be used as a single shot, std AC5.... with the ability to go full out in an emergency. So I guess, following that philosophy, it's not too bad.... better to have the extra firepower and not need it, than not. That said, my tentative plan involves a RAC2.

View PostBogus, on 28 February 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Missiles would have been a great idea, but at least this configuration will actually be good as a 30 ton mech and not just adorable team mascot. Slow AC boat just doesn't work under MWO rules, unfortunately, so I'll take what I can get.

And congrats to Bishop for becoming an ingame hero! I agree they ought to attribute it, if not directly than something close like "The Bishop / Steiner Irregular" that's obvious enough to those paying attention.

Well, I do hope to get my name attached to it, but I'm pretty happy, either way, and thank you! The amount of support and excitement i have seen, in the forums and in game, for my baby coming to fruition is truly astounding. I think it's been this enthusiasm on the forums and twitter that made it happen.

#90 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

yeah, the mech morphed many times, but my initial one here was a Large Laser, MG and SRM2 (mixed warhead capability, tear gas, smoke, fire retardent, etc). Laser was for hardened targets.

I also used to run a model with LL and std AC5... 3025 tech it was the "designated marksman" for the lance, in case we had to engage at range, etc. I do think a UAC5 is.. not ideal for urban combat.

That said, in TT Lore, the UAC5 is meant to be used as a single shot, std AC5.... with the ability to go full out in an emergency. So I guess, following that philosophy, it's not too bad.... better to have the extra firepower and not need it, than not. That said, my tentative plan involves a RAC2.

Yeah, i really would like to have RAC2, in fact i don't mind if they change the K9's default load-out and quirks to be armed with RAC2 instead of UAC5 if RACs became implemented this summer.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Well, I do hope to get my name attached to it, but I'm pretty happy, either way, and thank you! The amount of support and excitement i have seen, in the forums and in game, for my baby coming to fruition is truly astounding. I think it's been this enthusiasm on the forums and twitter that made it happen.

Oh please, we already know who pilots it. ;)

Dayton Allen!

#91 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:42 AM

Dayton Allen just does the voice.

One man and one man only can truly run the Dawg -
Posted Image

#92 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:00 AM

It should have a locked TAG laser and a special ability - display the speed of TAG target.

#93 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

Though I do wish it was 8MGs and 2energy ;)

#94 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:30 AM

hmm so 2 LL (blue light), 3SL(red light) and MG?

LL,SL,LBX 10 (shotgun)?

decisions, decisions

#95 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hmm, would it be even cooler if the K9 cockpit is also police-ized? Like Police Scanner, Radio -- i haven't been in a police car before.

#96 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 March 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

i haven't been in a police car before.

You can always change that, you know.

For a small, small price of a permanent criminal record.

#97 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

View PostCato Phoenix, on 01 March 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Though I do wish it was 8MGs and 2energy Posted Image

8 MG and 3 Lasers is even better. ;)

#98 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

I'm going to assume it will have a built-in war horn with flashy lights and a sample of "a certain song by Inner Circle"...

I need an LBX and 5 small lasers.

#99 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 March 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

8 MG and 3 Lasers is even better. Posted Image

An Urbie with 4B each arm, and 1E for each torso? I'd be all over that :) The microdakka would be glorious!

#100 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 01 March 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

An Urbie with 4B each arm, and 1E for each torso? I'd be all over that Posted Image The microdakka would be glorious!

Posted Image

wonder if Mark can sneak a buffed up bull bar onto the K9........

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users