- - - - -

What Would You Buy?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Kell

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:31 PM

I think this could be a fun topic. If you had $50 (and only $50) to spend, which mechs or packages would you buy, and why?

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

This would be a fun topic . . . in General Discussion.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

well from a F2P stand point, and someone that doesn't have a lot of cash to get most bank for buck..

I'd buy 50 bucks worth of MC, Get a Jester, and then buy mech bays as needed and wait for a nice mechbay/Hero mech sale. It's basically how i played for 3 years and earned over 50 mechs, with some heroes tossed in. (Jester was not my first, Ilya was, but the Jester is better IMO)

Just FYI, jester has made me more money than most of my mechs combined, Such a great mech, worth every cent of MC :) It is still a near top mech, it combines agility, Jumps, and speed very well, along with enough space to run fairly cool, and even pack dual AMS+BAP in reliable configs.

#4 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

DireWolf Ultra Violet, and the Warhawk hero Nanuq.
or
DW UV the New Wolfhound hero and a cheap light mastery bundle.

#5 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:07 AM

Five UM-K9 "K-9" Deputy Dawgs, each tweaked differently from the up and coming skill tree.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

30 worth of MC to save for when Black Widow goes on sale, buy the Ember right away, if enough left also buy Medusa
the Wolfhound hero Mech Grinner, save 10 for when the Wolfhound IIC hero Mech Grinner refit comes up for order

#7 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

$50 of MC, then a discounted Pirate's Bane and the rest on 'MechBays.

That'll get you the farthest in the F2P, assuming you don't mind grinding out everything.

If you are looking for the "best deal up front" then the KDK basic package is probably best, as you can sell off its assets and buy other things you want.

For straight performance, again the KDK pack, and probably the MAD-IIC depending on what you like. Grab a WHM for IS.

Me? I like aesthetics and challenging 'mechs, and I plan on dropping $20 on the Cyclops this weeekend, then $10 on that K-9 :)

#8 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

basic Kodiak package, then $30 of MC....

#9 Malrock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Could better answer this if i knew if you preferred clans or IS or if you like Lights, mediums, heavies or assaults, or if you are a brand new player, old player, or a returning player. Play style / weapon preference would also be helpful.

Warhammer was a fun bundle i really enjoyed I got the warhammer collector pack because i wanted 2 WHM - 6R's for faction play and added on the hero through in game store when it was 1/2 price for MC, and am loving the entire package. Kodiak bundle is nice also, but i also sprung for the Spirit Bear (which is the Kodiak Hero and enjoy it). Getting some MC makes sense as you will at some point need some mech bays. For mediums you could get mastery packs like the black jack, hunchback, or Griffin. I have no clue where to go for lights as i am not a light pilot and don't enjoy the play style.

Theoretically you could get the Warhammer basic, and Kodiak basic backs for $40. and then $7 worth of MC and have $3 to spare.

#10 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostJustin Kell, on 28 February 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

I think this could be a fun topic. If you had $50 (and only $50) to spend, which mechs or packages would you buy, and why?

Where is the fun in that? So many cool mechs & so many reward points to be had on my Visa Posted Image

Seriously though... Speaking as one who has already spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game in a relatively short period of time. I would suggest you pick the mech that appeals to you be it via lore or looks or perceived play style. Buy one of the bundles of that mech & then master all 3 before you buy any more. After that you will have a good sense of your needs, playstyle & likes/dislikes then future purchases will be based on informed decisions as opposed to "oooh I want".

#11 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

Kodiak or Marauder IIC. Thinking of buying one those today.

Someone please discourage mePosted Image

#12 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

All on MC (as soon as MC is at a discount or comes with a bonus)
then all on 'mechbays (once they're at 150MC, 50% off).

#13 Malrock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 03 March 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Yeah don't go Marauder IIC terrible chioce. Bad, bad don't pick (not really sure actually as i don't play that mech but you wanted discouragement) .

I cannot however in good conscience discourage the Kodiak. Those are great mechs lots of fun. Strongly recommend. Maybe even consider the hero down the line if you like brawling. My UAC 20 and srm brawler is a lot of fun.

#14 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

View PostMalrock, on 03 March 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Yeah don't go Marauder IIC terrible chioce. Bad, bad don't pick (not really sure actually as i don't play that mech but you wanted discouragement) .

I cannot however in good conscience discourage the Kodiak. Those are great mechs lots of fun. Strongly recommend. Maybe even consider the hero down the line if you like brawling. My UAC 20 and srm brawler is a lot of fun.

I'm trying to save money haha. I think I"ll be getting the Kodiak nowPosted Image

#15 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 03 March 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

You should not buy these 'mechs because they are the best in the game and doing so will lower you to the level of a meta-chasing tryhard.

You are a creative individual who would benefit from the innate challenges of the Vindicator Mastery Pack Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users