Join The Resistance Mech Sale

46 replies to this topic

#21 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

Dammit I only have 1 IS mechbay left and I wanted to wait till skilltree b4 i buy anything =( but I dont have an urbie and I sold the free (c) zeus we got in an event and i could do with another grasshopper or 2 ugh ! 1st world problems !

View PostNotorious Meerkat, on 01 March 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

So, errm, Maulers still worth taking? :D

get a mx90 with 5 ac5's the rest no unless your a lurm boat potatoe

#22 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

I think I will get a Black Knight and maybe a Mauler.

#23 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

As someone new to the game, I'm liking this. It gives me a chance to pick up another mech or two then worry about kitting them out later.

#24 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Consider the Mauler because I have a bunch of spare AC/5s not doing anything.

What better time to experiment than when I have a bunch of C-bills and the mech is on sale?

#25 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

What's the selling price of King Crab, just for the chassis? I really don't want any of the mechs going for sale, but I'm curious to try King Crab and compare it to my Dire. Does endo/ferro upgrades change the price?

#26 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

The rule is, when you are skint, they'll be a sale on ;)

#27 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

Got top tier in pre-orders for all these, was hoping pattern discounts would also be on the table :(

#28 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:21 AM

all of sale S(no good)T

#29 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

And here I was, pondering over finishing my Jenner & Commando collection, or starting Spiders and/or Urbanmechs.

It's time to...

Take out the trash! Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#30 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

I took a look at the PTS and BLACK KNIGHT BL-6B-KNT seems to be the best heavy to buy after global de-quirkening.
9 energy and -10% heat generation. Stock DHS and Endo for only 4.8 million C-bills.
Seems like a no-brainer for any IS player.

Edited by Kmieciu, 02 March 2017 - 12:00 PM.

#31 Moosible

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

PGI, add the piranha mech into the game. I will gladly pay for that sucker. It's like a firestarter with machine guns!

#32 Moosible

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 01 March 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

What's the selling price of King Crab, just for the chassis? I really don't want any of the mechs going for sale, but I'm curious to try King Crab and compare it to my Dire. Does endo/ferro upgrades change the price?

KGC is around 10 or 11 million cbills. KGC is a very good mech, but many would say it is not as good as a direwolf. Still, great mechs if played right. The difference between direwhale and KGC is that direwhale has so many options and play styles. KGC mainly focuses on ballistic, with minor quirks to missiles and energy.

Edited by Moosible, 02 March 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#33 DrunkKodiak

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

View PostMoosible, on 02 March 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

KGC is around 10 or 11 million cbills. KGC is a very good mech, but many would say it is not as good as a direwolf. Still, great mechs if played right. The difference between direwhale and KGC is that direwhale has so many options and play styles. KGC mainly focuses on ballistic, with minor quirks to missiles and energy.

And speed, very nice to have in PUG queue.

#34 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 01 March 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

The KGC is not a cheap mech (it is an assault, so roughly 8mil cbills if I remember correctly), and its not cheap to get upgraded to reasonable levels. You want at minimum 300 standard engine, maybe 325 depending on preference. The best loadouts are either Dual AC20 or quad UAC5. But it also does have very high torso mounts for lasers and missiles, which is a farcry compared the Direwolf which has pretty much all of its weapon mounts in the arms or below the cockpit. I will warn you though that the KGC has a massive CT, and has a difficult time hitting high altitude targets. But pretty much its the only IS mech that can pack so many ballistic systems and still be viable in a standard engine. You can make it a mobile missile platform, you can make it it a ppc/gauss sniper, heavy hitting brawler with dual ac 20s and 2 srm6. The Kaiju KGC is going to be the first with 2 energy points in the arms, and ballistic slots in one side torso, so its going to play VERY differently compared to the other variants of the KGC. It is a fantastic mech, and probably one of the best mechs on the IS side, but it also is very slow, its arms are somewhat low so dont expect to hill hump easily, and the mech has a large and easy to hit CT an pretty much requires radar dep and an AMS if you dont want to die to missile volleys. It has some very big strengths, and a couple easily exploitable weaknesses. As someone with 5 kgc's and over a thousand games in the chassis, I kind of know what I am talking about. its not an easy mech to master, but you learn how to operate it well enough and even you can drop KDK-3s like its nothing.

#35 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:00 AM

Some good Mechs on sale, but don't have the C-Bills for grabbing any right now. I'm forced to wait for a future sale on them, sorry. :(

~D. V. "Just not this time, even if I want to pick any up." Devnull

#36 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the 35% off c-bill sale. I got Resistance 1 and 2 with pre-order so I don't need these variants, but I'm sure new players appreciate it, if they've been eyeing any of these mechs.

Recommend the Black Nights and Grasshoppers for LPL/ML or ERLL. Maulers are pretty useful as well as AC5 or AC2 dakka or even LBX/SRM brawl (so much fun). Thanks again for the 35% off c-bill sale and I'm looking forward to the next clan 35% off c-bill sale.

#37 Agent Cookie

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCookie Heaven

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

The Urbanmech is so cute like a cookie I want to gobble up. Tempting to buy them and use them as UrbanTrollMech. Too bad there aren't any rainbow, sunshine, unicorn, ice cream cone, tiny care bear, and cloud decals so that I could fancy them up with i.e. Sarah's Jenner stylized. Guess I'll have to stick to Buccaneer paint job and pray for rainbows later.

Very nice 35% off c-bill sale. I'll be waiting for clan mechs to go on sale though. I'm dreaming about Linebackers and Marauder IIC's.

#38 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

Consider if you happen to be new to game, you can get ALOT of bang for your buck here, you will have 5 million after completing MW academy, and another ~10million after your cadet bonuses on your first 25 matches... you will be able to start off with 3 variants of your choice and possibly some $$$ left over to kit them out...

#39 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

Mauler MX90 has two very effective builds:
5xAC5
6xAC2 for extreme range trading.

If you have the AC2 range module you are outrange just about every other weapon in the game with good velocity. Is it a niche build? Yes, but very useful in the right FP scenarios...

I am try to figure out which hopper to buy if i am going to buy just one...

#40 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

I meant, once you have King Crab, how much cbills you get from selling it.

Because I only wanted to try it if the total costs are not too expensive. Main thing I wanted to compare, both AC20 and AC5&UAC5 because IS fires one projectile instead of several, and IS UAC5 has no ghost heat so you can fire all 4 and doubletap them immediately for a pretty nice alpha with nearly no heat at all. I wanted to try if it's as amazing as it sounds like, together with much butter torso twitch.

I know equipment like weapons and engines always sells for 50% of nominal price so you can count that. Anyway I realized I can check it myself from PTS. The chassis sells for about 2.9 million, and equipment sells for 2 million. With a buying price of about 6.6 million thus you lose 1.7 million in trying it out. That's about 17 games for me so I'll go ahead and buy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users