Resistance Sale Questions

4 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

Ok, i got some quick Q's.. Urban, I see one has 4E on arms, the other has 2e CT, do they loose arms easy? for example i know my commando can loose um if i'm not careful but my ravens seam to keep um a bit easier. Which way does the ubrie lean?

Grasshopper.. It is 70 tons, and all energy, the Black Night is 75 tons and all energy. It's 5 more tons, basically the same Hard point count. Why is the GH meta, is it because of drop deck weights, or is it something more?

Zeus. I honestly don't hear much about this mech, not good, or bad and I see um semi often. The victor on the other hand an 80 ton mech, with very similar Weapon slots i almost never see. Is it the CT E slot that makes this mech better? or maybe the missile tube count? Or is it the Victor was once so great, that now it's just an average mech does it take on the bad rap? I know the Victor doesn't play like a true assault, more that heavily armored heavy with as similar loud-out. So what gives here? (PS i own 3 Victors i like um just don't play um much.)

Lastly, the King crab, I know i don't see this version that often, but the 000B looks like it has tons of fun options, i question why i don't see um anywhere near as often as the 000 and 0000.

Can anyone shed some light on these questions?

Edited by JC Daxion, 05 March 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 05 March 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

Grasshopper.. It is 70 tons, and all energy, the Black Night is 75 tons and all energy, 5 more tons, basically the same count, why is the GH meta? Is it because of drop deck weights? or is it something more?

The GH has more high mount options.
You can have shoulder mounts on the 5H and 5P, 1 on the 5N but none on the 5J
For the Black Knight, only the BL-7-KNT has one - and that's it, one high mount, the rest are waist high.

[Edit] {Pedantry} I'm ignoring the head mounts, because 1 SRM4 or 1 ML isn't worth noting compared to another (ER)PPC, LPL or (ER)LL {/Pedantry} [/Edit]

View PostJC Daxion, on 05 March 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

Zeus. I honestly don't hear much about this mech, Not good, or bad.. I see um semi often. an 80 ton mech, with very similar Weapon slots to a victor, another 80 ton mech. Is it the CT E slot that makes this mech better? or maybe the missile tube count? Or is it the Victor was once so great, that now it's just an average mech does it take on the bad rap? I know the Victor doesn't play like a true assault, more that heavily armored heavy with as similar loud-out. So what gives here?

If you love SRMs and want a Doomfist ASRM18, grab a Zeus or 3. Otherwise, pretty much anything it can do something else can do better.

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 05 March 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#3 HiAndromon

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

I know grasshopper has better hardpoints and poptart potential with jumpjets, also i thing BK has better hitboxes but who knows? Both are good, but grass is better for poptart and hillpicking, while BK is energy brawler.

Take the zeus 6T for example, with 3asrm's and 4 mpl, now look at the warhammer 7s, you can do the same loadout, ocupy the bravo instead of the charlie lance, be cooler, faster, be with better hardpoints and hitboxes.

KGC-000 is listed more on meta lists, and it also make good for more daka play like 4 ac5 and 2 ac2. Usualy 2 lasers and 2 missiles are enough to take support weapons or take some range with sniper lasers.

#4 Robinhood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWestmont, IL USA

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

Urbies, well, yeah kinda. People know all the weapons are in the arms so I don't know if it is so much that they lose them easily or it is just people aiming for them.

They aren't great, they are decent though and loads of fun. Best part, and it takes some getting used to and real map knowledge, is the 360 torso rotation. You can always be at full speed even running away and keep your front torso pointed at the enemy. They can roll damage literally like no one else and can field typical loadouts even without the need for XL even with a max engine.

IMO sales are a great time to get the mech you aren't sure about even more than the ones you are. I think of it like this, if I were to buy a Kodiak, I know my return on investment would be high, but an Urbanmech? Well, it might be, they can do real work if you know how to play them, but maybe not. Better I get it on sale when it won't hurt as much and I'm more likely to recoup the loss.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

ended up with the crab 000B, i got a mauler with 6 Ballistics so i figured i would go with more build options. Ubrie R63, Yea arm thing the big factor, thanks for confirming..

and to the just buy because guy, i added this last one for because/try, enforcer 4R, which added up to all my credits. Posted Image 10.5m and 3 mechs, not bad ehh!

Thanks for the info folks.

Edited by JC Daxion, 06 March 2017 - 05:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users