1440P?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

Good evening all!

I'm going to be building a new rig this week and I'm having trouble deciding on if I want to build a 1080p or 1440p setup.

Is mwo optimized for 1440?

My previous rig was a 4th gen i5 and dual GTX 760s. Reading up on current hardware a 7600k and a GTX 1060 will out perform my old setup and is very cheap to build. However I've been thinking about getting a GTX 1080 with the recent price drops but I don't want to shell out the extra cash and not have a pleasant gaming experience.

Any input on how this game preforms at 1440p?

#2 Cerender

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGreenfield, NY, USA

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

I run MWO at 2560 x 1440 with a 4 GB GTX 770 and I sit at 60fps most of the time with v-sync on. CPU is 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7.

#3 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

Well, there is no UI scaling and PGI even scoffed at the idea of adding it (which, btw, is something relatively easy to implement and almost every other game has). If 1080p is stretching your eyes already, then 1440p might be not the best idea. For most people, though, it's not a big issue, especially with a bigger monitor.

On the technical side of the coin, even an "old" higher-end card like a GTX 780 mostly handles MWO at high/very high settings where GPU counts.

What we don't have much actual data on is the effects of increasing resolution on the CPU-bound settings (particles, shadows, environment). Considering it takes a Haswell chip at 4.5GhZ to maintain your head above the 60fps water line most of the time at high/very high, as always I would recommend making sure you get a strong CPU (i7 7700K) if you're going for eye candy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users