4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

Few of us think about ever getting trapped in our car, for what ever the reason. But it can happen. While you can purchase a device to break the glass or even cut the seat belt, which I would recommend, there is one common tool to help you break a window from the inside and help you escape should you be unable to open the door or get out of the window.

The common Philips headed screwdriver. (That's the screwdriver with the X shaped driving head for those of you who don't know.)

The X shaped point is nearly ideal for popping glass from the inside of a car, with out having to exert undo force. A medium sized Philips screwdriver is all you need for this task (consider this a life hack if you want) and it can easily fit into a glove box for emergency use besides being good for changing out batteries of some screwed down compartment for your CD player. Most cheap ones will cost you about two or three dollars (U.S.). You really don't have to have the top of the line artifact in this case for your tool kit as the idea here is a one time use item to save your rumpus when the bleep hits the fan.

#2 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

I just have a Gerber LMF Trench Knife under my truck seat. That'll do the job too! :D

Posted Image

#3 SeaLabCaptn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

KA-Bar Tanto for me. Screwdriver is a great recommendation, so long as it is secured properly and is not a projectile hazard in case of collision.

#4 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

I keep one of these under my drive seat...

Posted Image

Always useful.

#5 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

I don't own a car.

I've yet to get trapped on a sidewalk.

But this phillips head trick is pretty sick. I'll prolly tell my parents, who live in the deepest circles of suburbatory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users