#21 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

OP /chuckles.

ROFL, many players, even the long time players likely do not have most of their mechs kitted out with modules. I think I have bought enough for 10-12 mechs then moved them around, and not all of the same type. Radar Dep, Seismic Sensor and ML range followed by LL range. For my Clan mechs, very little weapon modules. And many of us have modules from the early days that are not used like they used to be as Sensor Range, Target Decay (LRM boats excluded), 360 Target Retention, early days, way before Clans, Radar Deprivation and Seismic Sensor, room was made for a pair of SSRM2 for those pesky lights, with and w/o ECMs...

For those players who have kitted out most of their mechs, I would imagine there are a number that they no longer seriously play. The saddest part is my Heavy Metal has the most XP earned on all of my mechs which will likely just sit there for awhile still collecting dust Posted Image ..... My 2 Battlemasters used primarily in FP are slowing catching up but both still lack about 300k, T-bolt 5SS is 200k (also used in primarily in FP) as well as Wolverine 6K that is now used once in awhile when I feel nostalgic.

Edit - to put it perspective, even though Clan's Highlander IIC pale to some of the other Clan assaults, it still outshines IS Highlanders due to being able to survive the loss of a side torso w/isXL usage, so it can equip heavier, bulkier ballistics. With the timeline movement and the components, tis ability to equip a UAC10 and other weaponry will be harsh with the outlier of dying to the loss of a side torso.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 08 March 2017 - 06:50 PM.

#22 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Life's not fair. Deal with it.

#23 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

View PostDogstar, on 08 March 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

I am being penalised - I literally have to grind thousands of matches to pay for the skill tree because I have almost no modules.

So I'm stuck with unskilled mechs playing against a ton of players who have skilled mechs, and not just for a few matches - for thousands of matches

It's exactly like being a new player but with more frustration because I have to wait even longer to get back to where I am now

You chose to spend your c-bills into buying more mechs, while others chose to buy modules. What I think would be fair is if PGI offered a one month 100% c-bill refund of mechs as well, for those that now have mechs sitting around that they would never use due to the 3 mech skill system. That way people can recoup c-bills that way for this terrible upcoming skill tree

#24 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:39 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 08 March 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

No one likes the proposed system.

That's simply not true!

#25 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostCathy, on 08 March 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

I have mastered pretty much every mech in the game and have lots of modules.

Does that mean I get a fridge magnet ? or historical XP or something, maybe a team point.

Nope you should get enough cbills from your mastered mechs to remaster them.

Of my 170 mechs I have 70 mastered another 60 or so elited.

70 x roughly 6 mil cbills = 420,000,000 cbills to remaster those same mechs.

I think the whole cbill into stat sink is a foolish play by pgi. Just another tax that doesn't need to be there.

#26 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 21 March 2017 - 06:50 AM.
inappropriate language, unconstructive

#27 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostDogstar, on 09 March 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

[Redacted]

To be fair, your premise is absurd.

If you wanted a conversation about prices in the new system you picked an awfully strange way to start it.

Edited by draiocht, 21 March 2017 - 06:51 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#28 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostDogstar, on 08 March 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

I've noticed that there's an inherent unfairness in the proposed refund for modules.

Currently skills cost nothing and modules are expensive.

With the new system skills are expensive and modules are cheap (in comparison)

Yet PGI are giving large sums of c-bills to players who have ground matches for modules but none to those who bought mechs to skill up instead.

This is UNFAIR

Either everyone should get some money or everyone should get none.

So PGI must either give us some c-bills based on the skills already unlocked on each mech as well as a refund for modules OR they must not give a refund for modules.

Are you stupid? I paid more than 2000000000 cbills just for Modules... Those Modules will be gone with the new Skill-Tree and therefor i want my paid cbills back! That easy!

#29 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

Perfectly fair, you chose the inefficient and less competitive route. As someone with almost 200 Mech's, I have most mastered and many with full modules. Have almost 20 empty Mech Bays, and yet I doubt I will touch many of the Mech's in my hangar come this patch.

[Redacted]

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 21 March 2017 - 06:54 AM.
Quote Clean-Up, reference

#30 QuePan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 109 posts
  • Locationcapital district NY

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 09 March 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Are you stupid? I paid more than 2000000000 cbills just for Modules... Those Modules will be gone with the new Skill-Tree and therefor i want my paid cbills back! That easy!

yes and i want my cbills back spent on consumables that are going to go poof with no inclusion on this cbill refund with the new system, cbills= time spent playing , why should my earnings matter differently to any others , just because i choose to be more flexible with my stable filling it out with a variety of mechs than a fully kited few ?? there should be no TIME currency placed on ANY SKILL TREE outside of experience over time . we have 2 skill currency's XP and GXP those should be used for the skill systems only . not xp and game currency thats the main issue with the "REFENDS" it doesn't treat all players Equally in the new system , alot of player loose what they earned hell if you look at it with no module refunds how much could you skill with the system??? thats the real issue . just because some decided to purchase other things with the time gated currency shouldn't be penalized for it . ive purchase a few UAVs that are going to disappear by judging what i saw in the PTS where is my refund for that stock ?? there isn't, one not even mentioned SOO boo Fing hoo if you dont get a refund for modules , suck it up we would be even then wouldnt we , there isnt one clear way to spend cbills its a player preference that this new system only benefits one type and devaules the other types of players THATS whats wrong why myself and others are not happy . with the CBILL COSTS and the lack of evenness to all types of player styles .my time spent playing should be just as valuable as another and this system doest treat me as such

#31 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

I've noticed that there's an inherent unfairness in the proposed refund for modules.

Yet PGI are giving large sums of c-bills to players who have ground matches for modules but none to those who bought mechs to skill up instead.

This is UNFAIR

So PGI must either give us some c-bills based on the skills already unlocked on each mech as well as a refund for modules OR they must not give a refund for modules.

Yeah I cannot get behind this, they should get their refund but skills should not cost cbills. At the very least the skills we currently have should only cost xp.

#32 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

View PostQuePan, on 12 March 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

yes and i want my cbills back spent on consumables that are going to go poof with no inclusion on this cbill refund with the new system, cbills= time spent playing , why should my earnings matter differently to any others , just because i choose to be more flexible with my stable filling it out with a variety of mechs than a fully kited few ?? there should be no TIME currency placed on ANY SKILL TREE outside of experience over time . we have 2 skill currency's XP and GXP those should be used for the skill systems only . not xp and game currency thats the main issue with the "REFENDS" it doesn't treat all players Equally in the new system , alot of player loose what they earned hell if you look at it with no module refunds how much could you skill with the system??? thats the real issue . just because some decided to purchase other things with the time gated currency shouldn't be penalized for it . ive purchase a few UAVs that are going to disappear by judging what i saw in the PTS where is my refund for that stock ?? there isn't, one not even mentioned SOO boo Fing hoo if you dont get a refund for modules , suck it up we would be even then wouldnt we , there isnt one clear way to spend cbills its a player preference that this new system only benefits one type and devaules the other types of players THATS whats wrong why myself and others are not happy . with the CBILL COSTS and the lack of evenness to all types of player styles .my time spent playing should be just as valuable as another and this system doest treat me as such
who told you consumables will be gone? What PTS were you on? The one I tested let me take 2 Coolshots, 2 Strikes and 2 UAVs at the same time!

#33 CraneArmy

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

This is UNFAIR

its not unfair, your mechs arnt going away, you dont loose anything. The XP/GXP you spent will get refunded. Players who bought modules arnt getting anything either, instead of buying more mechs, they bought modules, the new system just gives them back their modules as if from a savings account. You might consider there are going to be "unfair" drawbacks for that too. Like having the plentiful mech xp stuck on mechs that may not be able to utilize it, where yours is going to be far more spread out.

would you be happy if other players were given a refund but could only spend the money in the mechlab / store?

right now you seem totally happy playing in unoptimized mechs, why is your enjoyment of the game going to change when you are playing unoptimized mechs after the patch?

If they were removing omnimechs from the game so they could focus on is vs is (or vise versa), wouldn't you want to be compensated for any clan (or is) mechs that you bought?

Edited by CraneArmy, 20 March 2017 - 05:17 PM.

#34 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

The refunds for the modules is completely fair. This complaint is baffling. Just what the heck man. I have a bunch of mechs, and my friend has a bunch of modules. Do you think its fair for me to come out on top when we spent the same amount of c-bills? Cause I think this is absurd.

#35 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:45 AM

[Redacted]

Are you even a player ?
My bet is : casual .

How about contemplating this : ~ 150 fully mastered and fully moduled out of 186 filled places in my hangar .
I took the "make em complete" route, whereas you just seemed to wanted to have every mech, irregardless of state of battlereadiness (= fully loaded out, fully leveled and fully moduled) .

Practically it wont make any difference, buddy, because :

whatever we spent, we will get only SOME of it back .
PGI only wants us all to grind longer ( aka "play" longer) thats about it .

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 21 March 2017 - 06:58 AM.
unconstructive, Quote Clean-Up

#36 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

OP is the cheapskate Russ was trying to warn us about.

#37 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

Dogstar
I have over 200 Mechs about 180 of them are fully battle ready, I also own about 90 modules, and have I think 15 Mechs with full modules.

I have spent real money and cbills outfitting the Mechs
I have spent Mech XP and GXP leveling the Mechs
I have spent cbills and GXP on the modules.

are you seriously saying it is unfair that I get a refund for the modules I have purchased and you do not get a refund for modules you never unlocked or purchased?

I am most certainly not going to complain that those people with 100 fully moduled out Mechs get 4 times the cbill refund that I will.

If however you complained about not being able to afford to remaster your Mechs, which you had spent hundreds or thousands of hours mastering in the first place, after the new skill tree then I think the vast majority of people would have agreed.

I think you were complaining about the wrong thing.

edit: I removed somethig which could have sounded a bit insulting

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 21 March 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#38 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

@Rogue Jedi

I did originally complain about the cost of the new skill tree but very few people want to listen to that. However, when you turn the argument inside out people start to listen, and they should be listening because if PGI had gone ahead with this skill tree it would have cost them a bunch of lost players and a big pile of lost money, possibly enough to cause the game to shut down and no-one wants that!

Obviously getting no refund for c-bills spent would be unfair, but so is having to pay c-bills to 're-master' mechs.

#39 Jubblator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostDogstar, on 22 March 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

@Rogue Jedi

I did originally complain about the cost of the new skill tree but very few people want to listen to that. However, when you turn the argument inside out people start to listen, and they should be listening because if PGI had gone ahead with this skill tree it would have cost them a bunch of lost players and a big pile of lost money, possibly enough to cause the game to shut down and no-one wants that!

Obviously getting no refund for c-bills spent would be unfair, but so is having to pay c-bills to 're-master' mechs.

I think they would have made up their lost preorders on people like you describe due to returning players like me, the pop actually started trending upwards just before plummeting to **** after skill tree was dropped.
Now its back up only due to event. If steam numbers are anything to go by:
https://steamdb.info.../342200/graphs/
So i think i disagree with your analysis, in the long run doing nothing is far worse then dropping some panicky players upfront.
I dont think any of us have the whole picture, but one thing is sure, having a stale game where nothing changes drops players.
The skill tree as is now ingame is a HUUUUGE turnoff to potential new players, so no new revenue is coming in.
Relying only on whales to keep the game alive is a huge mistake, but its PGIs to make.

If they actually removed the rule of three the skill tree wouldnt be so bad. As is this game gets a rep for being extremely grindy due to it, turning new players off from what essentially is a good game overall.

Edited by Jubblator, 22 March 2017 - 12:19 PM.

#40 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostJubblator, on 22 March 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

I think they would have made up their lost preorders on people like you describe due to returning players like me, the pop actually started trending upwards just before plummeting to **** after skill tree was dropped.
Now its back up only due to event. If steam numbers are anything to go by:
https://steamdb.info.../342200/graphs/

First of all, they would have kept their old players AND picked up these theoretical returning players like you if they had simply priced the skill tree properly.

Second of all, I challenge you to illustrate where in those graphs there is any sign of the population "plummeting" due the skill tree being delayed.

The skill tree as is now ingame is a HUUUUGE turnoff to potential new players, so no new revenue is coming in.
Relying only on whales to keep the game alive is a huge mistake, but its PGIs to make.

Very doubtful that new players are turned off by the current skill tree, given that traditionally Mechwarrior games have never ever had one, and similar genre games like World of tanks and War Thunder either don't really have skill trees or MUCH simpler ones.

Those of us who have played a long time would like a change... but tbh if you aren't playing because you don't like the current skill tree then you won't be playing with the new skill tree either because obviously the fundamental gameplay does not hold you

The status quo is absolutely preferable to insane skill tree pricing. The skill tree is also deeply flawed, but I would live with it if only they didn't try to bankrupt me and rob me of progress in the process.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users