2 replies to this topic

#1 The Robot Jox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEcuador

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

wonder who is the cheapskate that wont invest in game engine optimization.

I will sell you an idea, NO wait, let me give you it for free, from one cheapskate to another, polish your game, and the ma$$es will come.

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

There is a rumor out there that once MW5 comes out we will get a new engine.

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

I'm all for mwo being shut down after a newer version is made on a new game engine. One that can compete with games like battlefield 1 and titan fall 2 as far as options available to the developer with modern hardware/software and enabling easier future updates and/or hardware upgrades as technology changes.

I'd sure as hell wouldn't support pgi doing it given they've had the past four-five years to prepare and plan for the eventual upgrade. Looking at wow and swtor both those games have been able to keep up with the changes in technology while still being playable on five year old hardware and software.

I'm so glad the past year was spend on a fancy demo of mw5. No not really. I'd have been far happier of the mystery announcement at the 2016 mwo con had been along the lines of we are porting mwo into (insert new game engine) by (exact launch date) and hope mc purchases increase to help fund the endeavor.

Without a new game engine or a team of really super great coders mwo won't last much longer especially after the new battletech and other mech warrior games are released. One thing i will miss about mwo is all the crazy-ness of being in my lrm founder C1. Ah well. I still have a back up of the game data and extracted catapult model on an external hard drive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users