21 replies to this topic

#21 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

I was going to stop spending money and cancel all my pre-orders if they didn't severely reduce the cost of the new skill tree by the time it went live, but I never canceled my pre-orders like I should've before hand (and like several other Whales did). That said I won't cancel my pre-orders given they had their moment of clarity but it sure would be nice if this sort of shenanigans could all be avoided by smarter planning and understanding on PGI's part.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 14 March 2017 - 10:50 AM.

#22 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 14 March 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Such people do not understand that change is inevitable,

In this game it is. Energy draw and info warfare is the proof. Heck, the prospect of the skill tree was the only thing which made me play more again.
Possibly the skill tree went even the way of ED and IW because I really think that actually it doesn't matter what PGI does, there will be an uproar by at least the min/max crowd.

Some complaints were understandable but seriously, idiotic complaints like "you have to take useless nodes to get the desired ones is a catastrophe bwaah waaah waaaaaah" which were spewed as well tick me off. Oh man, in the more complex trees have been "filler" nodes for decades. That applies to rpgs, strategy games and whatnot. If you don't do it, you need to reduce the amount of skill points (getting even more inflexible) or you end up with overpowered mechs which have tons of weapon quirks plus seismic, plus radar depr, plus agility etc.
However, some people would love to have a dire whale as agile as a locust and as fast while jumping like a spider. Munchkin galore... and then they would come to the forums and cry about a low TTK and complain again.

I guess I take a break now. I am fed-up on many levels with this game and PGI.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 14 March 2017 - 11:19 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users