Casual Player- Dont Make Us Re-Buy Nodes

6 replies to this topic

#1 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:25 AM

As a casual player im not into all the ins and outs of every skill, I play for the fun.

But

If I could say the one thing that bugs me more than anything is that once I have unlocked a node, played a game with it, then I dedide to make a node change, then later I go back to that node because It didnt work out the way I thought it would it costs me c-bills at every stage.

hate: rebuying nodes

perfer: pay to unlock nodes then I can select to 91 skills that I have unlocked without penalty every time.

What it means for PGI is that I have less c-bills to buy more mechs and don't fill out my drop bays to buy more of them. It also means I will reduce my stable of mechs to fund the ones I play the most.

My 2-cents for what its worth.

#2 Parashurama

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:31 AM

Much agreed. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

#3 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:38 AM

Haven't really found anyone that thinks RE-buying things they already bought is a good idea.

It goes against trying new builds or playing more types of mechs. Maybe PGI wants us to see less mech and skill diversity.

#4 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

If you wish to re-acquire a Skill Node you previously removed (from the individual ‘Mech whose Skill Tree you are working with) you will not be required to repurchase that Skill Node at the initial purchase cost.
Re-acquiring Nodes you previously purchased at full cost will only require 400 XP.

#5 Erikwa Kell

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

Nonsense.

First off, I don't consider myself a causal player, nor do I consider myself a "hardcore" player.
however I do find all the crying over refunded Cbills and xp to be frankly ridiculous.

It all comes off as autistic privileged screeching when compared to bigger problems in this game.
*don't freak, its not an insult, just an observation*Posted Image

like....

Faction Warfare, still basically being only for the the top tier units ( based on tag counting of planets and the units typically in control of planet ) and being more or less an exercise in frustration of anyone who isn't apart of that little MC farming circle.

Group Play Tonnages, there is no denying that 12 man group tonnage is a joke. Doubly so when considering how easy it is to play the MM and force 12 man groups from multi 4 mans.... ( being able to drop in ALL assaults )
...but aside for the sync dropping any "lawfully" created 12 man is going to be at a huge disadvantage to the team of 2-3 man pug teams it will face resulting in a tonnage disparity of, and this is only an average based on a few dozen games, upwards of 200 tonnes!
A team with zero to one assault and all mediums (this is the average drop based on a 12 man tonnage) versus a team with 6-8 assaults is pretty much always gonna lose unless the other team is just outright stupid.

In short my unit has LEARNED to avoid ever dropping in more than groups of 5-6 because we feel hamstrung by the tonnage when constantly put up against heavier opponents. This has brought out a feeling of "being punished" for trying to play together (driving new players to outright quit out of frustration thus forcing US to sync drop as well to compensate and have a chance at some fun).

So with all this in mind, I'd be okay with losing a little Cbill or XP in the conversion, it would be far from the end of the world.

And I'M OKAY WITH RE-BUYING SKILLS!!!! ( crowd gasps! )Posted Image
(at the discounted rate of the last PTS)

I have an arctic Cheetah with 2 MILLION skill points, (gained in my ONE year of game play)and I'd LOVE to be able to burn that XP on experimentation as I have nothing else to do with it.
(and like HELL would I waste money "converting" my XP in that little money sink of a converter they have, maybe if they gifted more MC in daily events or something i'd consider it, but until then I warn every person to never convert XP, EVER)
(for the record, converting that XP would cost me somewhere along the lines of $300 USD!!!!! for ONE mech)

I then I look at my other mechs that have on average of 20-250K XP as well..... XP i'll just be sitting on FOREVER as I cant convert or spend it on anything. (without putting a down payment on a car *rolls eyes*)Posted Image

*this is just a section added to go over cbill cost of new vs old system*
*using ACH for example, cuz why not*
old system: 50ishK mxp ( 3 variant + = 128750ish xp )
2X-3 mil for weapon module (6mil)
2X-6 mil for mech module (12 mil)
excluding consumables total is 18mil give or take 3-6mil depend on mech. (54 million for 3 variants)

new system: 125Kish XP ( only one variant ) (375Kish for 3, unnecessary variants)
9.1 mil for all 91 points ( allowing for unlocking of radar dep, seismic, 6 module slots, maxing out ONE type of weapon as if moduled ect ect ect)

so, doing the math, it cost more XP (in theory as the 3 variant system goes away) and costs LESS CBILLS.

it can't be helped if you lose Cbills to the black hole of buying and selling random stuff.

so its hard to see what people are bitching about....

This has been MY autistic screeching for the day, thanks.Posted Image

Edited by Erikwa Kell, 14 March 2017 - 08:19 AM.

#6 K O N D O

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

View PostErikwa Kell, on 14 March 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

new system: 125Kish XP ( only one variant ) (375Kish for 3, unnecessary variants)
9.1 mil for all 91 points ( allowing for unlocking of radar dep, seismic, 6 module slots, maxing out ONE type of weapon as if moduled ect ect ect)

You have your math a bit wrong there Erikwa.

A node now only costs 45,000CB and 800XP.

91 x 45,000 = 4,095,000CB
91 x 800 = 72,800XP

#7 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 14 March 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

If you wish to re-acquire a Skill Node you previously removed (from the individual ‘Mech whose Skill Tree you are working with) you will not be required to repurchase that Skill Node at the initial purchase cost.
Re-acquiring Nodes you previously purchased at full cost will only require 400 XP.

So on average I will have to play 1 game to change 2 nodes back to something I already opened. (assuming 1000xp for a bad game )

My problem is not in paying for (both XP and cbills) to make a node available to select, my issue is with needing to rebuy the node (with XP) effectively if I just want to try something different and then go back to the old node I had.
Even the old system had the flexibility to swap modules to try different fit outs and it cost you nothing other than the initial cost of the module. (Which you could also share with every other mech)

Feels like a time sink for every mech just to try different builds.

You wont get the experimentation with builds that PGI are looking for if everytime you make a slight change it cost XP, time, cbills. This will be especially so with the mediocre mechs as we often play with them just for fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users