Pgi Can Still Do This.

Balance Skills Module

1 reply to this topic

#1 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

I think the real reason why there is so many missteps in PGI's decisions is because of the community.

Think about it, every time PGI tried to do something new or different the loudest mouthed screechers whined and cried because they can't or won't get their way and with those complainers nagging on and on, PGI perceived that as a wrong direction for their update only for it to be changed and another group of whiners to spring up.

You CAN NOT please everybody, there has been no proposal yet to do so.

I've seen all the videos saying their own system does such a thing, but it doesn't, not truly.

What PGI needs to do is lay out the base of what they want to do, get feedback(constructive criticism only), bring that tweaked base back to PTS, get more feedback and do more testing.

After testing, release final test build into live server to get REAL live feedback and continue to tweak until perfect enough(because there is no such thing as true perfect).

Biggest of all ignore the naysayers and whiteknights, hell be damned because if PGI keeps listening to everybody then nothing will ever get done.

ALOT of devs do this: Give an idea of what they want to do, then get feedback on how to improve it, test it then release onto live after testing can go no further.

Ever other F2P has changed significantly over MWO's lifespan, why is it this game is still largely the same? Answer: I think we know why.

#2 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:11 AM

Needs a PTS part 3. I hope they do it sooner then later, they are for sure busy;

New Game Mode
New Tech
New Skill Tree

It just wasn't ready for live as it was, and pgi doesn't tweak things once it's patched in. They just leave it as is for years.

I still think they could have tweaked some variables put it back on the PTS and still have it ready for the 21st. But I'm not working at PGI. So what do I know? Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users