• Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 14 March 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

So the IS gets all the normal, cooler lasers and now ALL the ER variants. Leaving the clans with just the new heavy variety which are too hot regardless(ER PPCs will laugh at the Heavy Larges heat). The IS gets all the good AC's and now all the Ultra variants and Rotary. Clans get same ****** UAC's... There is too much PPC/Guass boating so guess what THREE new PPCs and TWO new guass. Yeah, that'll fix the meta. Oh yeah, ALL IS weapons. Clans get the ATM, good thing PGI learned how to code multipe ammo types.. oh wait no. They didnt. So are they streaks, lrms, srms?? Probably just SRMS with more dmg... But that's alright, the clans get new armour types... nope wait... IS.... Oh i forgot, game is now balanced 'cause both sides get the same machine guns....

Outside of Mech 2 Mercs, this was the only 3050 game and it was neat to have some asymmetry. Guess not anymore.

Mechwarrior 2 Mercs included the Uziel, Mad Cat Mk II / Timber Wolf Mk II and the Cougar plus all the new weapons in the Civil War update except the one shot rockets. It also included my favourite mech - the Thanatos.

#42 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 14 March 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Glad there is no IS bias in this... oh wait....

Yeah, the disparity in the amount of tech is canon, but they could have left some IS items out. IS side could have been just as fine without Stealth armor or snub nose or new machine guns while not giving clan players the feeling we got the (very) shorter straw. I mean, they get 2 new Gauss rifles but no HAG for us, really nice.

View PostGazbeard, on 14 March 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

Mechwarrior 2 Mercs included the Uziel, Mad Cat Mk II / Timber Wolf Mk II and the Cougar plus all the new weapons in the Civil War update except the one shot rockets. It also included my favourite mech - the Thanatos.

No.
Google is your friend.

Edited by PraetorGix, 14 March 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#43 IronEricP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationBangor, ME

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

You mean Mechwarrior 4 Mercs of course. Both are really fun, mind you Posted Image

#44 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

Micro-pulse lasers, huh? Maybe if the Clans had gotten the Piranha...

But hey, ATMs! Maybe they'll give everyone functioning LB-X autocannons and get rid of those funky placeholder 'standard' Clan Autocannons!

Does anyone think the IS Ultras will have the same burst-fire mechanic?

#45 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostNimnul, on 14 March 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I will not buy anything until the clans add as many weapons! This is not fair. I love clans.

You already HAVE most of what the IS is getting.

#46 SpessMarine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

So will we get some new maps to fight this 'Civil war' on? Otherwise these are just new, different shaped targets on canyon network and the plexus. It might be fun trying to head shot the poor, slow annihilators though...

#47 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

http://www.sarna.net..._2:_Mercenaries 3040's to early 3050s. I didn't say it took place EXCLUSIVELY in 3050 but definitely very close to it.

#48 Thinkagain01

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

So much to say on both sides of this argument.

#49 Januph

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

Hey somewhat even out the new tech how about a new clan only consumable..........

Elemental star, 5 elementals at say equal to 1 eighth/tenth of a urbie.

#50 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Struggling with balance issues at current state now adding all these just make it that much worse. Don't get me wrong great news and much needed I just fear balance at this point will be next to impossible but meh will still be fun

#51 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

View PostArkhangel, on 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

You already HAVE most of what the IS is getting.

Yep, watch them nerf clans because every weapon needs to be valid including IS 'standard' lasers.

[eyeroll]

The issue here is that when PGI implemented ClanTech they made it stupid-OP. This has necessitated reapted nerfs over the last two and a half years. So when the IS gets stuff to balance it, and the Clans are shorted again (not really, but 17% tonnage imbalance in favor of the IS and still no Clan 20-tonner) the perception is...PGI hates the Clans.

Again.

#52 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostEric Portenelli, on 14 March 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

You mean Mechwarrior 4 Mercs of course. Both are really fun, mind you Posted Image

Nope - Mechwarrior 2 Mercs - I have it sitting right in front of me as I type :)

#53 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 14 March 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Obviously you haven't read it, not surprised from a surat. IS will get BOTH techs. I'd love IS AC5s, id throw out those utlra's in a sec...

Clan 'tech already has IS AC5s more or lease in those "placeholder" C-AC/5s. They are a ton less than IS and fire further...

#54 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

You mean MW4 Mercs. MW2 Mercs had none of that.

The Mechs are not my cup of tea, but they were requested by many, so it is good we got them.

Most of the new tech is meh, so I do not care too much about the Spheroides getting the new toys. Maybe LFE stops the whining about Clan XL. But I am still curious to see if the IS Ultras become burst weapons now and MRMs fire in lines like Clan LRMs.

#55 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostArkaiko, on 14 March 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

great news MWO this is the best update on years in my opinion, exept for those clan players firing tears, this will help to balance the battlefield

The best part is we can finally stop being bothered by spheroids firing tears of imbalance every goddamn match. But knowing you people, not really...

#56 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 14 March 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

So the IS gets all the normal, cooler lasers and now ALL the ER variants. Leaving the clans with just the new heavy variety which are too hot regardless(ER PPCs will laugh at the Heavy Larges heat). The IS gets all the good AC's and now all the Ultra variants and Rotary. Clans get same ****** UAC's... There is too much PPC/Guass boating so guess what THREE new PPCs and TWO new guass. Yeah, that'll fix the meta. Oh yeah, ALL IS weapons. Clans get the ATM, good thing PGI learned how to code multipe ammo types.. oh wait no. They didnt. So are they streaks, lrms, srms?? Probably just SRMS with more dmg... But that's alright, the clans get new armour types... nope wait... IS.... Oh i forgot, game is now balanced 'cause both sides get the same machine guns....

Outside of Mech 2 Mercs, this was the only 3050 game and it was neat to have some asymmetry. Guess not anymore.

All I am seeing are typical Clan Wolf badder tears. Git gud scrub. You've had it so easy for so long you don't know what to do with yourselves.

#57 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

Rotary ACs will be the best, but Rocket Launchers may well make those singleton Missile hardpoints worth filling. Got a lone Missile hardpoint and not enough weight/space to run an ASRM6 or big LRM? Put in a RL20 and you get a single-shot LBXX-AC.

#58 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostJanuph, on 14 March 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Hey somewhat even out the new tech how about a new clan only consumable..........

Elemental star, 5 elementals at say equal to 1 eighth/tenth of a urbie.

Very cool idea IMO! It's a bit cheesy but this is MWO so why not... Elements rode Battlemechs into battle so why not let a star of them lose at an opportune moment?

#59 IronEricP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationBangor, ME

View PostPraetorGix, on 14 March 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Yeah, the disparity in the amount of tech is canon, but they could have left some IS items out. IS side could have been just as fine without Stealth armor or snub nose or new machine guns while not giving clan players the feeling we got the (very) shorter straw.

Honestly surprised it moved this far forward. Would have been happy with IS LBs/Ultras/Streaks/ERs, plus MRMs and Light Gauss. Pushing forward a bit for ATMs and Heavy Lasers to make it into timeline brings is good, also brings out the IS Light Engine and Heavy Gauss. I REALLY wasn't expecting the Snub, Light, and Heavy PPCs. Never much cared about the Rocket Launchers.

And as much as some people wanted the HAG for the clan side, that would push us beyond the civil war and into Jihad era, wouldn't it?

Still, clans will have that sick accurate ATM-12 doing 36 (close range) damage in 1 weapon slot (which can still engage at longer range) vs the IS MRM-40 (that I expect to either be slow, take forever to reload, or be REALLY wide scattering). Plan on using some of THOSE for my 1 missile clan mechs Posted Image

#60 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

View PostGazbeard, on 14 March 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Nope - Mechwarrior 2 Mercs - I have it sitting right in front of me as I type Posted Image

I literally sent you the list of mechs in that game... there is no uziel OR heavy weapons. It ends in 3052.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users