676 replies to this topic

#461 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostAramuside, on 23 March 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

One isn't affected by ECM etc though in TT. Then we're looking at fear factor.... Posted Image

In MWO you then start looking at radar dep and cover... yes those hag's would be infinitely more dangerous and scary....

Yeah, MWO is entirely different from TT, especially with LRMs vs direct fire weapons.

I'd expect HAG40s to be a fair bit more powerful than Clan Gauss, LBX20 and UAC20, although not twice as much.

#462 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

Honestly, making it a streamfire you have to track for the burst would balance it out fairly easily, not to mention give people some incentive to, you know, keep moving. that and the HAG/40 would most likely take up the space of an IS LBX20, so wouldn't really be able to boat more than two of them.

#463 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

I'm curious about the Rocket Launchers.... It says,

One shot launchers that fire unguided, low damage rockets. Very low tonnage per launcher.

So... does that mean no separate ammo for these? You can fire them once, and then they're dead weight? I imagine if they're a quarter of a ton or something, it'd be handy for padding out unused missile hardpoints.... But I'm curious how that's gonna work out...

#464 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

The intensity of some of the opinions is pretty amazing, it's entertaining how confident some of these people are at thinking they know precisely how every aspect of the game will pan out with the changes. There's stuff I'm happy about and some issues I'm pissed about, I'll settle in the middle as thankful for progress. Someday eventually it'll feel less like no man's sky v1.0. I wish about half of the weapons and ups were only attainable via battlefield salvage and not otherwise purchasable. Like killing a clan mech provides a chance of salvaging a clan exotic tech, and killing an IS mech provided a roll chance for salvaging an exotic IS tech. Or make the process of mounting some of the more exotic weapons requiring a skill unlock in the parent class. I dunno. It'll be a poo tornado with players when the patch hits. I'm still not buying a single damn mech till after the skill tree hits, cause I'm sick of buying two mechs and selling em at half price just to keep the third in my collection. That's a different story though.

#465 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 23 March 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

I'm curious about the Rocket Launchers.... It says,

So... does that mean no separate ammo for these? You can fire them once, and then they're dead weight? I imagine if they're a quarter of a ton or something, it'd be handy for padding out unused missile hardpoints.... But I'm curious how that's gonna work out...

One shots don't have any separate ammo.

TT weight and slots (which are very likely to be identical in MWO):
RL10 = 0.5 tons, 1 slot
RL15 = 1.0 tons, 2 slots
RL20 = 1.5 tons, 3 slots

Each rocket does 1 damage, so RL20 = 20 damage. Not very tonnage or slot efficient in total damage output, compared to SRMs.

Edited by Zergling, 23 March 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#466 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

I wonder if now that the IS is getting Heavy and Light and Snub-nose PPCs...will they actually un-nerf the clan ER PPC and make it the 15 heat for 15 damage its supposed to be ? That was afterall the reason behind the development of the other PPC types...because the IS couldn't match the damage of the clan one.

#467 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

Are MRMs going to work with Targeting Computers? like they do in TT.

#468 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 23 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Are MRMs going to work with Targeting Computers? like they do in TT.

MRMs never worked with TCs in TT. TCs only ever worked with direct-fire energy and ballistic weapons (except for flamers and machineguns).

Edited by Zergling, 23 March 2017 - 09:07 PM.

#469 guyvii

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostBleit, on 14 March 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

I'm not gonna lie, the clanner bitching is going to be so sweet and savory...delicious tears...

Posted Image Posted Image

(all meant in good fun, kiddies)

LOL! Cartman. Why all this stuff about clans being OP. Of course they are suppose to be better. that is why they should be fighting at different weights like they do (in part) in Faction warfare. Trying to make Clan and IS the same is silly and not lore. Should make the Clan bet how much money they are willing to win per conquest, just like in "real life". They (Clans) are not suppose to be balanced, just out numbered.

#470 Sucy Manbavaran

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Did they try PTS with 12V10 or 14V10 or other comb ?

#471 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostSucy Manbavaran, on 24 March 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

Did they try PTS with 12V10 or 14V10 or other comb ?

Based on what I have seen over the years, they have not determined a way to properly implement matches that do not have equal numbers of participants on both sides....

There have be 4v4, 8v8 and 12v12 that I've heard of, nothing else...

#472 ALEXANDER CARLYLE

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

Wait a second.. wait a second.....the FED CON CIVIL WAR is between two IS houses. Choose a side PGI? IS vs Clan?

What a terrible mistake. You are worse than Comstar PGI.

We REJECT the Davion threat to our Archon.

Edited by ALEXANDER CARLYLE, 24 March 2017 - 08:35 AM.

#473 Inappropriate1

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Perhaps they will introduce Kaiju (怪獣) to the game since lore is a dirty word.

#474 BadgerWI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNorthern Continent, Second Try, Chaos March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

So the inner sphere will be able to run the MC MKII's right? The Sharks sold those things to everybody. :)

#475 Weepy Wanebow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 March 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

I wonder if now that the IS is getting Heavy and Light and Snub-nose PPCs...will they actually un-nerf the clan ER PPC and make it the 15 heat for 15 damage its supposed to be ? That was afterall the reason behind the development of the other PPC types...because the IS couldn't match the damage of the clan one.

Uhmmmm. cERPPC does 15 damage for 14 heat in MWO, that actually 1 heat better then TT....what do you mean "un-nerf"?

#476 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostWendigo Waltz, on 24 March 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Uhmmmm. cERPPC does 15 damage for 14 heat in MWO, that actually 1 heat better then TT....what do you mean "un-nerf"?

He means it now hits 10 damage where you are aiming and 2.5 damage each to two adjacent locations, while in TT it hits all 15 damage in the same spot, just like Gauss.

#477 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

Well 10 and 2.5 or 5.0 extra depending on if there are two adjacent locations.

#478 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

The new tech isn't even out and the canister bred are already complaining. What is it boys, afraid of losing your easy mode?

#479 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 March 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

No, because it's still only six tons and the number of DHS you can boat to support a pair of that is enormous, much more than any IS 'Mech can bring to support 20 tons and 8 slots of Heavy PPC, which have neither the reach nor the lack of minimum range that the cERPPC enjoys.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 24 March 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#480 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 24 March 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

The new tech isn't even out and the canister bred are already complaining. What is it boys, afraid of losing your easy mode?

I hear this all the time from IS pilots who have benefited from "easy mode" quirks for years. This aside, I do not have an issue with IS getting more pieces of advanced tech as long as Heavy Gauss are not OP, ATMs don't suck and Heavy lasers are not insanely nerfed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users