(Newb) Looking For Desperate Unit To Learn From!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lena Machina

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

First off, I'd like to ask you to not read much farther if you're looking for the cream de la cream. Or even just the cream. I'm more the gallon of milk that's been left out on the counter over night.
I'm very new, and am willing to learn. I have discord, am willing to get teamspeak, but I have no microphone or plans to get one anytime in the distant future. I know, your unit is worth me buying a microphone to talk to, and I know you're the nicest people on the planet and won't laugh at my terrible voice, but I just can't do it. That said, I listen gud, so that's my one redeeming quality.

My only owned mech is an Arctic Cheetah. This is because I tried to master it and wasted my C-bills. I average 300 damage done with it in quickplay, 100 on a bad game, 500 on a good one. In faction play, I tend to average 350 damage done per mech (including trials!) The trial Shadowcat, trial Orion IIC, and trial Highlander IIC are my favorites right now. Of course, I also love my Cheeter. <3

I'm Tier 5 in quick play and slowly rising, though I play quickplay very little to be honest. I know it's unlikely anyone's going to pick me up right now, especially all factors considered, but at least the line's out there if anyone wants to pick me up!

Smoke Jaguar for life or until I hit galaxy commander, whichever comes first.

#2 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

Lots of smoke jags on stranamechty

teamspeak: StranaMechty.info
password: StranaMechty

Numerous groups form in the public dropships and in any of the channels. Pop in, tell them you're new and looking to play. Most are very friendly.

EDIT: you don't need a mic to use teamspeak, pop into a channel and introduce yourself typing is fine for most. Plenty of people turn the mic off later in the evening to not wake up kids and what not too

Edited by Jack Booted Thug, 14 March 2017 - 08:16 PM.

#3 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:52 AM

Hm, as has been said the StranaMechty.ts server is where you should go to, depending on time (and the weekend is usually the best time) you should be able to get some people to play with.

Right now if you join check the list for the DERP (upper area) and Bacon (very bottom) channel. The DERP guys are a merc unit but currently playing for the smoke jags and drop a lot. The Bacon (tagged as 07) are loyalists and a good bunch of players. I would realy like the recommend the SC guys, but we are kind of a dead fish in the water right now I feel. On the other side if a few of us get together we just drop whatever from casual solo to group to FW, just don't quite have the numbers for any real impact right now.

Otherwise I think that there are some other special loyalist units, but they are not on the stranamechty teamspeak (like the 19th striker cluster, a german smoke jag loyalist unit).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users