- - - - -

Enforcer Or Centurion For Cc Farming

9 replies to this topic

#1 BarelyEvolvedApe

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

I'm returning to MWO after many years away. Was a founder way back. Long story short I have nothing except a couple hunchbacks so I'm trying to figure out what pack to snag to get a solid +30% credit mech.

I tend to prefer mediums, and ballistics. Will be using this for faction warfare. So i'm currently looking at the Centurion mastery pack or the resistance pack 1 with the special enforcer. Those two seem like very similar mechs, built around a ballistic primary with laser backups. Which one of these do you prefer? Your thoughts would be helpful.

*the resistance pack also comes with a light mech but costs more and has less premium time. Although I'm mostly looking to base my decision on enforcer vs centurion.

Edited by Skullkandy, 14 March 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#2 Karl the Plumber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

For the two mechs you're considering, I think it comes down to the JJs. If you're a JJ user and you love the extra mobility, you've gotta get the enforcer. If you don't need JJs/you love asymmetrical shielding builds, go with the centurion.

#3 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:52 AM

I own the entire Resistance pack and also all the Centurions. I personally like the Centurions better. I tend to play them as skirmishers, even the Yen-Lo-Wang, though that mech of course is more of a short range skirmisher with its Autocannon 20. Except for the YLW they are more mechs that get me assists and not necessarily kills.

For the Enforcers I noticed that a basic weapon load out of AC10 + ERPPC worked best for me. Strange really, as I don't consider that an optimal weapon load-out, but I went through a LOT of mech builds with the Enforcers and that was the one that clicked for me.

The Resistance Enforcer pack may be more expensive but it also comes with a lot more you might not have noticed yet. First of, do NOT by the Enforcer a la Carte, it may be $5 cheaper than the Enforcer level Resistance package but comes with loads less as it only gives you the 3 Enforcers and their mechbays.
For 40 you would get the 3 Enforcers AND 3 Panthers (one of them with a 30% C-bill bonus as well, btw those 250XL engines in the Enforcers go excellent in Panthers as well), plus you'll get the pick of 2 Faction packs with badges titles and cockpit decorations (if you're into those) but also 6 Premium colors and 2 Faction camo patterns to pimp your mechs with on the outside.

So even though personally the Centurions work better for me, I'd actually recommend that Enforcer (Rage) package. It comes with loads of good stuff.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

I own both and prefer the Centurian (although nether are my favorate Mediums, I much prefer Cicada, Viper, Shadow Cat, Hunchback (not IIC) and Griffin) anthough the dual UAC5 Enforcer was fun, I prefer Yen Lo Wang, with AC20 and 2 MPL.

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

Please don't buy anything yet. I have a detailed response, but must work now. I will follow up later.

Edited by Spheroid, 15 March 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#6 BarelyEvolvedApe

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! It's really helpful. And Spheroid, I already jumped on the resistance pack, but I would still like to hear what your suggestion was. Might help me with future purchases and where to go from here.
I do plan on getting the centurian at least the ones that can be had with c-bills eventually, the shadowhawk is also on my list though i dislike it's look for some reason. I went with the resistance pack for reasons mentioned of coming with cosmetic items and a light mech which i owned none of.

Edited by Skullkandy, 15 March 2017 - 11:44 AM.

#7 BarelyEvolvedApe

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

just a quick update too. I ran the enforcer last night with an ac-10 and 2xlrg lasers. Was liking it pretty well. though the obvious low mount issue had me hitting walls often while i got used to where my mounts are. in general though i'm really liking the mech for dodging in and out of my teams heavies and generally helping them pick at whatever they're attacking.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostSkullkandy, on 15 March 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

. I went with the resistance pack for reasons mentioned of coming with cosmetic items and a light mech which i owned none of.

To choose the cosmetic items, on this website go do profile (or sign in first if not already signed in) then content, and choose your prefered 2 faction content picks, the resistance 1 faction content picks each contain 3 colours, a cammo unlock for the varients you purchased with the pack and 3 cockpit items (a mug standing item, medailon hanging item and warhorn mounted item, warhorns play a sound when you get a kill). DO NOT get multiples of the same content as all you end up with is duplicates of the cockpit items.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

I like both.
If you're spending money, Enforcer due to the 30% cbill bonus.
If doing cbills I could argue either way.

#10 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

For Faction Warfare - Neither IMO, they aren't good mechs.

And if they are all you have, honestly, Faction Warfare isn't for you. You're better off in QP, cbill earning potential will be better there for someone with limited mechs/decks and skill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users