Light Gauss Questions And How Will They Work.

5 replies to this topic

#1 JoanTheLiar

• PipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 59 posts
  • Locationsouth pole where the ping is the highest

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

These are just questions I have on the light gauss comparing to the regular and heavy gauss .

Will a mech be able to fire 3 light cause at once?
My reason for this question comes from the dmg comparison between the light gauss to the regular and heavy gauss. I can guess that the dmg output for the light gauss is 10dmg with higher range comparing to the 15dmg gauss rifle. So we can say you will shoot 20dmg at a time compared to 30dmg regular gauss. So with that in mind it leads me to the next question.

Will it be ok to allow the mechs to shoot 3 light gauss rifles at once?
Concerning balance and all that we can easily say no because now you can shoot 30dmg at a far range. But if we compare it with the ac/auc weapons we can be able to rethink otherwise.
For example..
The ac/auc 10 and 20. You can shoot only 1ac/auc 20 but with the ac/uac10 you can fire 2 at a time. The dmg output is the same but the cost of tonnage is greater. Instead of using 12tons just for a 20dmg output you use 20tons just for the same dmg output.
So with 3 light gauss you have the same dmg output of 30dmg compared to the 2 standard gauss rifles, but at the cost of higher tonnage.
Personally I'm excited for the release of light gauss canons but this is just a personal question I have regarding to the light gauss
What does the community think how the light gauss will play out? Am I just over thinking it.
Write down what you think.

Edited by JoanTheLiar, 15 March 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

We have no idea

It could very well have no charge, 8 damage, and 3 KM/s velocity, with a 3x extended range (750*3)
That would make it fairly effective, if terribly weak, at extreme range

Or, it could be max charge of 2, 1200M/s, 5 second recycle, utter trash

#3 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Don't be so quick to write off the possibility of firing more than two light gausses. If 30 is the charge limit for regular gausses now, then likely 4 light gausses would be possible if the damage is kept at 8 (32) or 3 if they were upped to 10.

Then don't forget the potential for the light gauss to have a good reduction in cooldown so it can fire quicker and respond to changes in the battlefield faster, on top of the lighter tonnage, a bit more range and crit space.

But as Mcgral said, we have no idea. It's all theorycrafting at this point with no official weapon stats. All we can do at this point is do this work now, and hope it helps guide the interior design decisions before the tech is ultimately released.

#4 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Honestly, I think it'll be just a 12 ton, 5 crit, 10 damage IS Gauss with the code for the rest copy-pasted from the IS Gauss.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 15 March 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Honestly, I think it'll be just a 12 ton, 5 crit, 10 damage IS Gauss with the code for the rest copy-pasted from the IS Gauss.

Yeah, I think that's what it will be, too.

#6 TaintedLuck

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

they dont work they get left in the mech bay and are forgotten about cause their 12 tons and 8 damage useless better off just using single normal gauss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users