Hero Mech Pricing Model Broken

5 replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

So within 1 month of each other PGI announces Resistance Hero Mechs that many of us have been waiting for and the Civil War Packs which is a nice surprise for me.

But somehow the pricing models don't compliment each other at all... since I bought Resistance Packs shouldn't I be able to get a Resistance Hero for an additional $15?

Why would I want to pay $25 for 1 Mauler Hero when I can get 3 100 ton Annihilators plus the Annihilator Hero ($15) for $35... or the 3 Clan Tech Mad Cat MkII plus Hero mech for the same cash?

I'd really like PGI to rationalize its pricing models so that I feel good about pre-ordering the Resistance Hero mechs. They went away from the weight class pricing in all the new mech pack pre-orders for over a year and I thought it was a good move. Now we see Resistance Hero Mechs without any packs/bundles to save money, nor are there any discount pricing for people who plunked down money for the original Resistance Packs.

It feels like a disconnect somewhere in the business development department (and a bit of a slap in the face to people who supported the game by buying the original Resistance Packs).

Except for the $10 Urban Mech, which I think everyone will pay for because of the novelty/cool/fun factor & its only $10, I'm curious to see what kind of sales PGI will be getting for these Resistance Mech Heros vs. the Civil War Packs... because my guess is that the Civil War Packs will sell well whereas most of us are put off by the comparatively high prices for the Heavy & Assault Hero Mechs.

#2 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Think of it as a discount to sweeten the mech pack pot.

#3 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

View Postprocess, on 15 March 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Think of it as a discount to sweeten the mech pack pot.

Not sure I get your point...

#4 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

I get what you're saying. Why pay more for one hero? It's always been that way.

The Heroes in other packs are just to entice people to spend more for arguably less. Where as the resistance heroes are stand alone.

Just cancel your resistance heroes and get more bang for you buck from the new packs. Or don't. But I wouldn't hold my breath on pgi dropping the price or adding more stuff to the heroes. Especially with the Clan heroes already out, they'd have to issue more goods to them.

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

Yes, their pricing is all over the place.

Even with the new Packs, the more you spend, the more you pay per Mech.

Instead of a bulk purchase discount, it's a bulk purchase penalty.

View PostGaussfather, on 15 March 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

I'd really like PGI to rationalize its pricing models so that I feel good about pre-ordering the Resistance Hero mechs.

Be careful what you wish for.

The most likely outcome of that is that they would put prices up to match the highest level within the current range.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostGaussfather, on 15 March 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

So within 1 month of each other PGI announces Resistance Hero Mechs that many of us have been waiting for and the Civil War Packs which is a nice surprise for me.

But somehow the pricing models don't compliment each other at all... since I bought Resistance Packs shouldn't I be able to get a Resistance Hero for an additional $15?

Resistance pack release was a looong time ago. Think of the new Heroes as completely separate sales scheme.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users