9 replies to this topic

#1 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

Been picking up the monthy mech packs, and if I liked the hero I would get that to. $20 to $35 each month no big deal for a game I like' and a nice value for three mechs with banked premium time for $20, Heck I'd spend that going to the pub on a week night. Now we will have to spend twice that to get 30 days premium time that can't be banked. Yes at $40 we will get a 4th mech with c-bill bonus but it's a copy of one of the mechs in the $20 pack. I'm going to still pick up one of the mech packs but if they still had banked premium time I would buy all four packs, great job at marketing, guess I'm just a cheapskate at heart.

Edited by mouser42, 15 March 2017 - 06:51 PM.

#2 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

They should make it bankable. I for one have no idea if I'll even be playing MWO when those things come out; being all fired up about something for a few months and then getting distracted by new shiny is kind of my thing.

The reduction in time isn't a huge surprise though. All four mechs are major league fan service, and that comes with a price tag.

Edited by Bogus, 15 March 2017 - 06:51 PM.

#3 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

I too have been dropping a 20 on a mech pack about every other month or so. A big reason for this has been the Premium Time. Not the SOLE reason, mind you, but a hefty nudge towards the desicion to buy any ways. With that gone, I have hard time justifying to buy any of the new packs.

#4 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

I got baited by the permanent xp and cbill items, and might go for the double ultimate - will see, you can always refund it before the actual release if you change your mind (at least pick up early adopters for now just in case), if non-banked premium time is an issue. I'm pretty sure I'll be playing the **** out of MWO when the new tech and these mechs drop, and would be activating one of my 30-days anyway so that's fine with me.

Edited by NeoCodex, 16 March 2017 - 01:32 AM.

#5 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:31 AM

$20 a month worked for me as well, it secured all the rewards and could be upgraded or added to later if I wanted. This is $260 to get the all the rewards though, more than a bit steep for one month of expenditures.

#6 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:38 AM

I don't actualy care wether the PT is banked or not. The lack of PT on the standard packs how ever do grind my actuators a bit.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:49 AM

I feel the same way.

Let's be sure to Tweet Russ about it.

He may reconsider.

EDIT: I Tweeted...

@russ_bullock I'm concerned there's no longer Premium Time in the standard Civil War packs. That's a dealbreaker for me. Please reconsider.

Edited by Appogee, 16 March 2017 - 03:52 AM.

#8 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:55 AM

Oh yeah, banked premium time could be the second best thing after the upcoming IS weaponry upgrade.

#9 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

Hell, I still have my banked premium time from when they put the Phoenix mechs up for sale.
Banked premium time or not, activating it for 30 days at a time is a waste of money. I ain't playing MWO for 30 days straight.

#10 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:04 AM

If you keep throwing money at PGI for shiny new pokemons then no, you are not a cheapskate, a gullible consumer maybe, but not a cheapskate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users