Game Modes And Interactive Play Ideas !

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Game modes and interactive play ideas (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Am i right ?

1. HELLS YEAH ! (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, im no fun at all ! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nrg9x

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

Hi folks

Recently ive been attempting to play Faction and today has been horrible for queues and expectations. Now i dont have the whole picture about money or player base numbers but it seems they would only be a symptom of the current situation.

We need more options in game modes that include the entire player base thats available and current. The situation is only getting worse from those leaving from boredom and im not far off myself. 30 minute searches into 10 minutes wait for no results and a rinse and repeat situation seems to be the "normal"
I would like to see a free world skirmish that puts Clan and IS players into an Invasion like situation that others can join or leave either by choice or at the end of a "drop deck", particularly with larger numbers and more freedom to join and leave. Votes ingame from players could dictate map changes or temporary "Damage freezes" to brag and show off purchases and loadouts of our fellow participants. You could also damage freeze until enough players join and ready up upon the numbers/balance.
It wouldnt be hard to do, it just depends if you want people to feel like its "Money well spent" by giving them options to meet, chat and play !
Other options would be a Clan defensive , where an entire unit/clan can pick a map and guard a section/point on it while IS and Clan pugs join and rush them, wave after wave of meatbox mayhem, this allows Unit/clan coordination and practice and gives the pug's a opportunity to earn some Loyalty for the countless losses they would endure and maybe tune play styles to provide some active competition. This will have other follow on effects also like VOIP chat thats relevant and coordinated, most is now but its far and few between.

Also, chatting to my clan is meh, you could make it interesting with world chat tab where people could get a sense of where the action is by talking with every other player that has the game loaded ( and make it persistent thru menu ) i see a MOTD everytime i come out of a game !

ive seen alot of mentions and posts about new content incoming and dont take this the wrong way but its just not the improvements the players are waiting for. ill give you money if you make me wanna spend it, but 40 minutes of no interaction or pew pew dont = $$$. I just get the feeling that new mechs and weapons wont fix the lack of interest from the lack of players in a segregated environment between Clanners and IS that is gradually getting worse the more you ignore it.

And i gotta mention this last bit, cause i know alot o you fan boys need the story to sit right in the battletech world. YOUR STORY IS KILLING MULTIPLAYER ! i know you dont like it but you cant expect them to be exact when they need to address issues influencing how the story plays. To balance multiplayer, dwindling player base and a story line ? no, its not working, something has to give. so tell ur story walking in single player ! lol

PGI, Please do Game modes and maps cause its been way too long to have not done this !

#2 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:09 AM

I agree that there could be some more modes whether they be available to all matches (QP and FW) or just to FW. Take the upcoming Assault/Invasion game mode where its base vs base (instead of just base vs dropped off mechs). Seems interesting. However things could be changed or adjusted to make other modes. Add in mini Repair/Restock bases around the place to capture and hold and (maybe) respawning (from a drop deck, but in the 1v1 arena style of from an underground lift), and you get a mode to last a lot longer where people actually try to stay alive instead of rushing face first at an enemy assault mech when they run out of ammo. Yah that sounds a lot like MWLL, but is that really a bad thing?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users