Lets Talk Rotary Autocannons...

Balance

48 replies to this topic

#41 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostCrux7, on 21 July 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

Just tried it. it's pretty crap.
just wasted stats in two games and the cost of buying two.
meh!

You should try UM-R63 RAC5 Dakka - RAC5 [450] + 2x ERML, not a lot of people would pay attention to you if you're with team.

#42 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

Use it similar to the gauss. Keep it revving when you think you are in danger of enemy contact or popping hills/corners.

#43 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

honestly I dont have a issue with the weapons, its the affects. Nothing drives me more insane when I start getting hit by a rotatary and when i go to look im blinded till they let up or im dead. This blast mechanics need to go, or the animation for explosions need to be updated. I sick of the never ended flash bang in my face.

#44 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

I find it kind of funny they actually used what I said as a starting point back during the PTS for the live server.

View PostAthom83, on 29 June 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

RACs;
2: This needs a massive buff. UAC/2s while double tapping have a much higher DPS, and this is supposed to be the DPS weapon. Possibly around 6 DPS would be a good starting point for the next PTS (if there will be more).
5: Similar as the above, not enough DPS to justify the heat, weight, and jam. If this was buffed to around 12 DPS, then it would be fine.

However, after more testing with the RAC/2 on live, its not quite enough, but is still pretty decent given its tonnage and slots.

View PostRedscyte, on 13 August 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

honestly I dont have a issue with the weapons, its the affects. Nothing drives me more insane when I start getting hit by a rotatary and when i go to look im blinded till they let up or im dead. This blast mechanics need to go, or the animation for explosions need to be updated. I sick of the never ended flash bang in my face.

Um... this discussion was about their implementation before the PTS, then thoughts on it during/after the PTS just as they went live.

#45 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

If they are going to make it spin up, at least have it start spitting shells at a lower rate of fire when the button is first pressed - you can ramp up to the full auto ROF when its fully spinning.

#46 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

The rotary is the weapon you just can't rely on. Fantastic suppression, great damage over time until ya hear that clunk.

I'd say take two of them or good backup weapons but please don't nerf this gun. To me it seems just about right in terms of jam risk.

#47 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 14 August 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I'd say take two of them or good backup weapons but please don't nerf this gun. To me it seems just about right in terms of jam risk.

Noone is asking for nerfs, if anything they need (small) buffs.

#48 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

They need to buff RACs

and they need to give clans their own version of the RACs

#49 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 14 August 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

The rotary is the weapon you just can't rely on. Fantastic suppression, great damage over time until ya hear that clunk.

Why can't you rely on it? It's not insanely random like a UAC, you know in advance every time you need to GTFO after a few seconds or firing unless you're an assault carrying a bunch of other weapons

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users