54 replies to this topic

#21 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostSkanderborg, on 19 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

How to you post images on the forums? All i can do is send links.

Submit the image to a place like TinyPic or Imgur, and then post the image URL inside the following brackets:

[img]URL GOES HERE[/img]

#22 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

In honor of the OP, I have made this as a tribute

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ebf78de7b9489ad

You ninja behind the other mech, and usually have enough firepower to kill 3 or 4 mechs in a game. LOL

I call it... Mr. Glass' Scorch
-----------------------------------

But in all seriousness, my go-to mech recently had been the 8 med-pulse EBJ as corner peeker (not hilltop). Last 3 games in it had net me an average of 750 dmg, and 500k cbill per game. It's been quite lucrative. (I've also been lucky that I've got HPG for 2 out of 3... so yea)

Edited by razenWing, 19 March 2017 - 08:35 AM.

#23 Dr Hobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 530 posts
  • LocationA cardboard box drinkin mah hooch.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Urbanmech UM-63/S. UAC-5,2 SPL and 1 MLAS.AMS. XL 125 2 tons for the UAC 1/2 ton on the AMS. It's slow,but I had top 3 damage when the Urbie came out.

Saint Ive's Blues Dual SRM4A Triple MPL 4.5 tons of SRMA ammo and 1 AMS with half a ton. It runs an XL240 with quad JJ. While it's not the fastest,it's the brawliest. I am interested in dumping an LFE in it.

Vindicator 1AAC. Standard Champion build with added AMS. About all I did. Left it alone the rest of the way. Love it. It's fast,a joy to drive,and fun. Seriously,go try it out. I mean it. Everyone shits on the 45 tonners anyway. Nobody expects to be punted by an ERPPC to the back. It is toasty tho,so bring your cooling vests and swim trunks.

Catapult C-1F. It's super stock. XL 295,ammo,everything even the command console and BAP. It's great fun and probably my most damaging mech. Packs an Artemis upgrade too.

Rifleman LK Quad AC2 dakka spam. It's fun,it's great for cockpit shaking,and since so many maps are so long range now,it still has a niche of being annoying as all hell at range.

Hunchback 4G-F is also super stock. Still just about nearly stock,just DHS,endo,AMS and lost the one MLAS in the right arm.

Cinder built to be an Adder Prime,Pirates bane that is pretty much stock.

Yeah,I have over 100 mechs,but I still for some reason keep going back to these ones.

#24 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

EBJ with 2LPL and 5ERML is probably the mech I go to if I'm fed up of everything else not working but not fed up enough to stop playing for the day. It's hot as all hell, and against organised opposition you'll get rushed and shredded once you're heatcapped, but a lot of games in the solo queue allow you to (ab)use your alphastrike then duck behind a rock for a few seconds/reposition, and repeat.

#25 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

Adder Prime lore build Hot, not that agile, and a relatively easy to kill target, but it just clicked with me. And I can't do any better with any light mech in the game.

#26 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

Time and time again I find myself back in the seat of a two large pulse, quad medium laser vomit Timber. It rarely disappoints.

The LBX20, 3xSRM6 w/art Spirit Bear is quickly approaching a similar status though. But I cringe when I pick it and get dropped on a long range pokefest map.

#27 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Go to as in: "geezus I've had a bad stretch and I just want a win or two before calling it a night" or
go to as in: "oh an event, need to do a lot of damage" or
go to as in: "this is my favorite mech and it just feels right"?

Mine are: Tbolt 9SE, Catapult A1 or Illya, and any Quickdraw.

#28 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Feel like smacking face, 4G Hunchback. Three medium lasers 250st engine AC 20. Needs more ammo this will be fixed once new tech drops, I will upgrade to a Light engine.
Want a little bit of daka. BJ 1. It has 2 ac 2's 4 medium lasers. It pumps out the dps like a monster with insane AC 2 quirks.
LRMS 4J Hunchback. 2 LRm 10 art, 3 medium lasers. Tag. Love this thing. It still holds my record for my highest damage game.
Lasers Spew. My Grasshoper. 3 large pulse 4 medium. Man it can do some hurt.
I like my mediums and getting better at my heavies.

#29 Minasojo

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c320564387fe522 MADIIC(S)

Spoiler

First knew I had a connection with the MADIIC back when I first discovered it in MW2. I had no pre-existing exposure to the Macross IP, and so it was a struggle dealing with the knowledge that the chances of seeing it again were slim.

Now that it's back - lets just say I'm doing my best to make up for all the lost time. Posted Image

#30 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

Mine change alot:

But I have been having fun with:
Hellbringer 2uac5 4xerml
Cp-10-z with 6xsrm6a, srm4a
Viper 8xspl
Cicada 2a 6xml & 2b 5xmpl

#31 The Silent Protagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUK, Buckinghamshire

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

I'm funny in that I have three go-to mechs that depending on the day are the mechs for me. It's always one of these three.

Cyclops "P": ECM assault for assaulting. ERLL to dish the damage during long range engagements and whilst closing in until I can bring the AC20 (with range and cooldown modules) to bear. MLs to keep damage going at high heat or last resort extra damage. A strange build, but it just meshes with my playstyle.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5d837a3bb43ff6c

King Cool: The remover of mechs. The Clan counter. None shall pass. Yet to lose a 1-on-1 in this mech, even vs Dire Whales.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4e340402e9a787f

Death Snail: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, for it is ALWAYS me so it's a pointless question. I die in about 90% of matches but I do my duty; it's my money maker for dem scout points and assists. Living the Commando life.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0d9c45b58f5bfcb

Edited by The Silent Protagonist, 22 March 2017 - 02:53 PM.

#32 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

The marauder IIC chassis in general. Flexible, capable of carrying bads, makes good money, open cockpit, clam XL benefits, looks nice, I've always like the marauder series (well, I can pass on the MAD II... 100 ton marauder sounds dreadful to me for some reason)

I'd say the IS MAD as well, but I'd like to stick LFEs and different flavors of PPCs in there first. STD engine sucks and IS XL is unforgiving with the hitboxes being as they are, coupled with the fact that an XL MAD doesn't really net you a sizable increase in firepower or DHS.

#33 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Tweaked Supernova Special

Posted Image

Same loadout as stock, just with an XL 300 engine, full armour and 2 extra DHS. Nice cockpit, nice performance. It's like a comfortable old couch - drop into a match, relax, no worries.

#34 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

Cuz I'm bored and can't actually play, Images of my "go to" mechs from above.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Viper-A with 4ERML and a bunch of heatsinks.

#36 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 March 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Cuz I'm bored and can't actually play, Images of my "go to" mechs from above.
-snip-

Your catapult is painted exactly like mine, with the exact same colors.

The little "meow" sold it for me when I first chose it

#37 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Weirdly, if I don't have a particular reason to play something, I reach for my 7SPL/ECM Purifier a lot lately. It's a hoot and consistently performs well.

#38 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostTercieI, on 22 March 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Weirdly, if I don't have a particular reason to play something, I reach for my 7SPL/ECM Purifier a lot lately. It's a hoot and consistently performs well.

Those extra energy harpdoints did wonders for the chassis, and people are still so used to discounting cute foxes as minimal threats on the battlefield

#39 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 22 March 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Those extra energy harpdoints did wonders for the chassis, and people are still so used to discounting cute foxes as minimal threats on the battlefield

Don't you tip them off, Snazzy! I'll cut you. ;)

#40 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

I generally rely on Hellbringers, then EBJs mainly at a time when I was in FW but also moved to using them in QP. The main configuration uses large pulses and medium lasers as they both have similar range and duration, and then using modules, they extend up to 660 meters in range that allows you to both brawl and snipe.

QP play though tends to be what mech I am experimenting and leveling with. Which I do constantly, with mixed results --- some good, some bad, some just meh.

Lately I am happy to master my Night Gyrs, using a combination of PPCs and LBXs. The final load outs are still subject to tuning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users