#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

Thinking of trying the SB with 4 X ASRM6 + 1 X LB20-X

But then saw the SC with 4 X ASRM6 + 2 LB20-X

On paper the SC obviously has the edge, damage-wise. But has anyone compare performance on the battlefield?

Thanks.

Edited by Odd Thomas, 20 March 2017 - 06:58 AM.

#2 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

Oddly, these are two as different brawlers as brawlers can differ.
Spirit bear pros: masc = peeking and chasing abilities; humanoid shape, big arms, structure quirks = long life in the fight; tons of heatsinks = big sustained dps; very tight hardpoint location.
Scorch pros: biggest splat in the game = 2alpha death for most of mechs; lower, tighter profile = sneaking ability.

I'd say, Spirit Bear is better chaos bringer, survivor and tank. Scorch is better assasin.

When SB was released, i - and other owners - had tons of fun with it. After some general KDK nerfs (that was meant to bring down KDK-3 but in reality brought down other variants) - not so much. Latest torso yaw nerf was a pure mockery. You cannot reliably shield anymore. My blood boils every time i see a lurm SB, but then i use my coolshot and kinda understand why not so skilled players do that.

If i were to choose, i'd go with the Scorch now, for the unique high splat alpha and an option to go 2gauss+2erppc on weekends. But mind this. In july we will have a mad cat, its standard pack will pretty much obsolete the Scorch, but SB will remain unique (even if it will be subpar).

#3 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

go with the SB.

The Scorch loadout will be doable on the MadCatII, which by the end of the year you will be able to replicate for free (c-bills).

Nothing can replicate the SBs ideal loadout + MASC

#4 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

I don't have a Scortch. But my SB can still wreck house. As others have said, the maneuverability afforded be the MASC is key to it's effectiveness. It's a situational mech though, unlike the KDK-3 which is pretty much useful in any situation.

Scortch is very popular though, I see them all the time.

#5 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

Honestly? I perform better in my MAD-IIC-D and Boiler than my Spirit Bear or Scorch.

Spirit Bear is the standard LB20X, 4x ASRM6
Scorch is a cooler, longer lasting 2x LB20X, 4x SRM4
MAD-IIC-D is 2x LB10x, 2x ASRM6 and either 1 ERPPC or 1 LPL
Boiler is 2x LB20X, 3x SRM4, 3x SPL

If I *had* to decide between my Spirit Bear and Scorch, I'd probably go Scorch for the lower profile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users