7 replies to this topic

#1 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

Hello.

I don't know if anybody else has ever asked for it, but I think it would be a good improvement if the Target Damage info was relocated in the upper middle of the HUD.

In my opinion, it would be very helpful. While in the middle of the battle, me (and many people, I suppose) get a bit too nervous to take the eyes out from the enemy and check the information. This way, it would be more "visible" while fighting.

Just think about it, please.

Oh, just one more thing. Would it be possible to add the location of the weapons in the weapons group? Just to make it easier group the weapons in the same side, and so...

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostKharonte, on 23 March 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hello.

I don't know if anybody else has ever asked for it, but I think it would be a good improvement if the Target Damage info was relocated in the upper middle of the HUD.

In my opinion, it would be very helpful. While in the middle of the battle, me (and many people, I suppose) get a bit too nervous to take the eyes out from the enemy and check the information. This way, it would be more "visible" while fighting.

Just think about it, please.

Oh, just one more thing. Would it be possible to add the location of the weapons in the weapons group? Just to make it easier group the weapons in the same side, and so...

Are you talking about the action awards? Such as hit and run, component destruction, kill assist, etc? If so, there is a setting you can do that can make that show up in the upper left typing chat screen, or under your reticle. It's in basic settings, I think it's called new rewards or classic rewards display. (I don't have my game on at the moment to get the exacts.)

As for weapon groupings, the weapons are placed on the chart based upon arm or torso mounted, than I believe by order you placed them onto your mech. As I always work left to right, I tend to find all my left weapons are on the top, and my right weapons on the bottom of the list. However, there is also always the testing grounds as well to try out and reconfigure weapon groupings. (Though, your proposed feature here would be rather helpful...)

#3 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Weapons in the arms and torso are separated in the groupings (arms always on top). Then weapons are grouped into like weapons. Then lastly, weapons are listed left to right.

And the target info is in the perfect spot in the upper right. Putting it in the upper middle of the screen would block out so much and would generally reduce visibility in 99% of mechs (there are 1-2 with that section blocked off as that is the cockpit edge).

Edited by Athom83, 23 March 2017 - 10:00 AM.

#4 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, I just meant the target info. And, yes, it would reduce partially the vision. But may be in a reduced size it could be still useful.

#5 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

View PostKharonte, on 23 March 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

In my opinion, it would be very helpful. While in the middle of the battle, me (and many people, I suppose) get a bit too nervous to take the eyes out from the enemy and check the information.

your eyes should be removed from your target every time you shoot mate. In a brawl you should be twisting away and from range you should be twisting and getting behind cover. There is 0 reason to be facing your enemy if your guns are on cool down.

#6 Kharonte

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

So, apart from having to look around to find posible enemies... you think it's better to keep the target info away... just in case... :(

#7 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostKharonte, on 25 March 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

So, apart from having to look around to find posible enemies... you think it's better to keep the target info away... just in case... Posted Image

what do you mean keep the target info away?

you want the target info up so you know where to shoot but you do not want it right up front blocking your view.

Edited by Cichol Balor, 25 March 2017 - 05:12 AM.

#8 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostKharonte, on 25 March 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

So, apart from having to look around to find posible enemies... you think it's better to keep the target info away... just in case... Posted Image

As someone else has stated, you don't exactly want things to clutter and block your field of view. But, you also want information present and easy to get to and see.

I have played games before where they would place important information right over the center of your screen, typically right over your field of view. In these games, you might as well be blind when this "important information" comes up, because you can't see what is going on around you past that information.

A specific game I am thinking of is a game called Monster Hunter. There are some small parts of the (otherwise amazing) game where it decides to place written messages across the center of your screen. "Cooling/heating effects have expired". "Health recovery returned to normal". Etc. When these messages flash across your screen, as important as they are to know, you might as well hide in a corner till they leave. You can't really see what is right in front of your character, making it not only hard to fight the monster you are hunting, but also makes it hard to dodge the monster you can barely see.

In this case, I'm perfectly fine with where the enemy damage display is located. It's out of the way enough to not blind me, but near enough to other sources of information that I can still easily see it and my target at the same time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users