I Knew Racists Were Ignorant But...

18 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

This guy just assumed my nationality from my user name. There is half a world of distance between Mexico and Mongolia (where I am from) though... Posted Image

Posted Image

Posting it here because there were many instances of such harassment due to my username--even on MWO chat. Just wish that before people insult someone's heritage online, they should consider that username alone is not a national passport. I didn't even write "El Bandido" correctly.

Edited by El Bandito, 01 April 2017 - 09:24 PM.
inappropriate language issue

#2 DriFD3S

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 46 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

10/10

Hilarious.

I didn't even know it was spelled "Bandido"

But, I'm from Canada.

To Americans, I'm a Snow Mexican.

#3 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:28 AM

Its people like that I tend to think their parents were closely related..... Then I remind myself that such behavior is learned, as my kids have no issues with kids of different racial backgrounds.

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

What i often like to say about this topic is "' 'murica, a land made of illigal immigrants, bitching about illigal immigants".
I might be european (and german nevertheless) but if find this to be hilarious.

#5 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:33 AM

Whi says he didn't mean the Great Wall of China? After all it was built to keep you guys out Posted Image

#6 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

What triggered him? What are you entitled to?

#7 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 March 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

This guy just assumed my nationality from my user name. There is half a world of distance between Mexico and Mongolia (where I am from) though... Posted Image

Posting it here because there were many instances of such harassment due to my username--even on MWO chat. Just wish that before people insult someone's heritage online, they should consider that username alone is not a national passport. I didn't even write "El Bandido" correctly.

Age of Trump.

:(

Sorry you had to experience that.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

View PostBurke IV, on 01 April 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

What triggered him? What are you entitled to?

The video was about the announcement of Total War: Warhammer 2. I didn't think it was real, since the first one was still receiving contents. Hence why I said it was April Fools. Perhaps the racist had thought I was somehow dissatisfied with receiving another Warhammer, instead of historical Total War game--which CA is known for. Dunno.

#9 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

u know what?
when I was playing mwo, a loooooooooooooot of people were sure I was russian, and a few other asked if I was from poland.... because of "Stefka Kerensky"

Since this is a topic about racism, can I assume all those brains were from USA?

#10 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

https://www.google.c...1k1.qn5N1OyEjWI

Nothing wrong with having Bandito as a user name

I hope you reported the lame brain
You have to stand up to these jerks

Saying Trump era is just as bad

Both attitudes are based on lies

#11 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

is this a thread where i can do some "french bashing"? not very good at mexican bashing...much too far away!!!
or i can do funny accents with lots of racist comments about the french, actually sounds great with a belgian accent or even better with a french canadian accent....?

#12 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

View Postmaxmarechal, on 02 April 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

is this a thread where i can do some "french bashing"? not very good at mexican bashing...much too far away!!!
or i can do funny accents with lots of racist comments about the french, actually sounds great with a belgian accent or even better with a french canadian accent....?

No no no!
We don't bash french people.. that's like kicking someone who's already on the ground.

#13 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Well el bandito, i always though you was german cause of the colours of your battle master. Lucky you not spanish anyway cause they gonna be at war soon :)

#14 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 02 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

No no no!
We don't bash french people.. that's like kicking someone who's already on the ground.

as a french...you made my day...almost pissed in my pants
Thx for making me laugh Posted Image

#15 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:29 PM

View PostBurke IV, on 02 April 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Well el bandito, i always though you was german cause of the colours of your battle master. Lucky you not spanish anyway cause they gonna be at war soon Posted Image

and I'm sure you are not the only one - but it shouldn't surprise me if the colors have a complete different less known history.

#16 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

What can you say, ignorance knows no bounds. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, just look at Congress.

#17 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

It's a comment section. If it's not well policed by active administrators. It's pretty much open season to be ignorant racists. PC fascists can wag their finger all they want. People still be jerks, even if they're not really racist, just looking to take a shot at someone.

My old account is named after an Aztec god. But thankfully people really are ignorant and I never got called anything racist.

#18 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

Posted Image

I find it interesting that someone would spend the effort to write something like that. First, Its not like you have to care or anything. It randomly and without reason attack your avatar and name. It does not really attack anything you said, it is not a logical follow up. You can't really reply anything of value to that since it already has no value to begin with. You guys werent in an argument that got to insults and yes it might be bad but i would understand why someone might use racism to pissyouoff. But in this case, why even bother? Where is this supposed to lead him? Racism isnt a good enough answer for me.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 April 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

My old account is named after an Aztec god. .

azteca god of Chocolate rules allPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users