Mad Iic Scorch - Advice

34 replies to this topic

#21 NZT Limitless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:54 AM

Ah , so its a ghost heat thing. Thanks for that. I will keep plugging away with it and see which build I have the most fun with,

Thanks

#22 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

Clan autocannons and ulta autocannons do not sync well with SRMs. LBX20 is the way to go. You'll have frontloaded damage and more time to twist and move yourself between volleys, which contributes directly to a mech feeling less sluggish.

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 24 March 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#23 NZT Limitless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

So went with the lbx20 and SRMA4 , What a beast. Thanks guys. Onwards and upwards..

#24 NZT Limitless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

I do miss the damage of the SRM6 Thou

#25 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

The meta being LBX 20 x2 and SRM 6 x4 is there for a reason. It simply deletes whatever is in front of your crosshairs at close range. For myself, I can't stand having a target at a moderately long to medium range and only being able to give them harsh language and a middle finger. I want to shoot them.

I roll with C UAC 10x2 and A+SRM 6 x4 and selectively double tap when I absolutely need that damage increase. To me, the A+SRM 6 x4 is the heart of the Scorch's brawling damage as opposed to the guns it brings.

Edit - also, I don't get why people go for the SRM x6 without artemis. That spread is flippin' HUGE without it.

Edited by FireStoat, 24 March 2017 - 09:58 AM.

#26 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

2xgauss 2xerppc is devastating and arm mounts with lower actuator lets you snap shot nicely. Feels a little cheesy though...

#27 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

Have tried the following
2 uac20, 4 srm4: works fine til you jam both guns in middle of a brawl. But those times they don't jam... ho ho.. Runs hottest
2 lbx20, 4 srm6: like people have said, a delete button for anything that pops close to you but range is an issue
2 gauss 2 ppc: ppc mounts are a little low for my liking.. and convergence is a beech leading targets at range...

Recently been experimenting with this one and have had decent success
2 gauss, 4 srm6A: affords some range trading at start without too much indication where you are. Soften targets with the sandpaper srms and punch thru the components with gauss. Rarely run hot and really nasty when they get in range

#28 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

View PostNZT Limitless, on 24 March 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

So I bought the MAD IIC Scorch last night as it seems like a pretty great Mech. (I do own the other variants and have a lot of fun with them) I am running it with Dual AC20 and 4 x SRM 6 Standard. I am not sure if it is because it is not even basic'd out yet but I found it to be a bit sloggy. I am thinking of going for Dual AC10 and upgrade the engine. Anyone else running a scorch and recommend a solid build. I really want to become a brawler as its the only thing I lack in within the game play. Any advice.

My Scorch is one of my top performers and in my opinon one of the top mechs in the entire game.

The Scorch has symetrical hardpoints so it's not gimped by losing it's RT like many other MAD IIc varients are so it tends to fair well in close range brawling.

I use a 350XL 14 DHS endo and ferro armor capped except for a little peeled of each leg.

Weapon loadout is

2 LB10X with 2 tons ammo per gun
2 sml pulse
4 ASRM6 with 1 ton ammo per launcher

Try to engage head on and reduce lateral exposure (do not be shot at from the side if you can help it) The relativley narrow profile and symetrical hardpoint layout allows you to be very effective at rolling damage.

#29 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 24 March 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

2xgauss 2xerppc is devastating and arm mounts with lower actuator lets you snap shot nicely. Feels a little cheesy though...

It knuckle drags with the PPCs, however, and players have learned that shooting the arms off marauder IICs is incredibly easy to do. Leave that build to the kodiak.

#30 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

I've been running the twin lbx20 and quad asrm6 build and it an absolute joy when you close to 290 meters. The blam, blam, whoosh of a your firing pattern is satisfying as all get out. If you run out of ammo, you are pretty much guaranteed 1k damage done. Last match (in a loss) I played tunnel rat on Crimson Strait and had a blast. Great, great mech and loadout if you like brawling.

Also; the chassis spreads damage like an absolute beast: just face waggle instead of full on twisting.

#31 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 24 March 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Which engine?

#32 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 24 March 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Clan autocannons and ulta autocannons do not sync well with SRMs. LBX20 is the way to go. You'll have frontloaded damage and more time to twist and move yourself between volleys, which contributes directly to a mech feeling less sluggish.

all 3 has the same cooldown dunno what you talking about.

View Postinvernomuto, on 24 March 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Which engine?

XL325

#33 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 24 March 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

XL325

I run mine with an XL340. 15 DHS and a half ton of armor off the legs/head. A little extra speed is nice.

#34 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 24 March 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

all 3 has the same cooldown dunno what you talking about.

XL325

Cooldown isn't the point, it's the number of slugs and how long you have to stare at someone to get all 4 of a uAC20's to hit, much less all 8 on a double tap.

Hence why I called it "frontloaded damage."

#35 MacClearly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

I went with Snugglestime build with the two lbx 20's and four srm 4's and as big and engine as I could. Cycle time for the four's is the main reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users