Any Reason To Come Back?

14 replies to this topic

#1 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

I haven't checked in this year, I don't think. Any good news, especially about lights and game modes? Any match making/PSR fixes? Anything going on with CW? I'm still loving Arma, but I miss my mechs :(

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

We're getting new tech from the 3060's in July. Heavy Lasers, ATMs, laser AMS, all the goodies. Plus the Javelin and Cougar are going to drop around that time. And the new incursion game mode (Think that's the name?) is going to get a PTS session soon-ish.

#3 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

What's incursion all about? I just want a kick *** CW.

#4 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 March 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Uh... if that's the only reason you'll come back, it's probably a safe bet we'll never see you again at this rate.

#5 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 March 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Define kick A33 cw?

It is definitely much different now. Still not great IMO. Quick play FTW. Posted Image

#6 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostAmsro, on 24 March 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Define kick A33 cw?

It is definitely much different now. Still not great IMO. Quick play FTW. Posted Image

Well, not tower defense for starters. More strategy than "pick a lane, any lane" or doing some sort of cheesy 12 Locust rush.

I tried quickplay again a couple months ago and my vist to MWO lasted about 3 hours. I just couldn't handle more of the same 12v12 team death match. All the logistics and strategy in Arma spoiled me forever. I just can't go back to lobby/arena type games. Last time I played CW was when the Long Tom first came out and did all the fighting for one side or the other.

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 24 March 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Uh... if that's the only reason you'll come back, it's probably a safe bet we'll never see you again at this rate.

:( Is the single player game coming along? Are they doing coop?

#7 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 March 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Well, not tower defense for starters. More strategy than "pick a lane, any lane" or doing some sort of cheesy 12 Locust rush.

I tried quickplay again a couple months ago and my vist to MWO lasted about 3 hours. I just couldn't handle more of the same 12v12 team death match. All the logistics and strategy in Arma spoiled me forever. I just can't go back to lobby/arena type games. Last time I played CW was when the Long Tom first came out and did all the fighting for one side or the other.

Posted Image Is the single player game coming along? Are they doing coop?

Currently CW using all game modes and changes between them over time. So think quickplay game modes + 4 mechs.

The old CW is still in play too, now it's called "siege". There is also a new mode due in the next month or so. Incursion, supposed to replace assault, I think.

4.1 is better in some ways but the same **** mode overall.

No idea what MW5 is going to be. But if the game engine works out it may allow MWO to become better if they change it to the new engine as well.

Time will tell, but overall the game isn't as deep as it could be. Posted Image

#8 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 March 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Posted Image Is the single player game coming along? Are they doing coop?

It's still coming along as far as anyone knows, but it's being developed by PGI instead of an actually competent developer (Looking at you Hairbrained Schemes) with a scope that makes MW2 Mercs look positively tiny. They want to cover 3015 all the way up to the start of the Clan invasion in 3049 in the same game. I didn't have much faith in their abilities to deliver on a 3015 story line, I have even less faith that PGI can deliver on 34 years of Battletech lore in one game. I also find it hilarious that Russ wants to implement fixed loadouts in MW5 to "respond to complaints by the player base and ensure mech variants feel unique" instead of putting them in MWO where they belong and letting us have our wacky fun in an environment where we won't ruin the fun of everyone else by insta-killing them with meta trash.

Edited by Sidefire, 24 March 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

View PostSidefire, on 24 March 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

I also find it hilarious that Russ wants to implement fixed loadouts in MW5 to "respond to complaints by the player base and ensure mech variants feel unique" instead of putting them in MWO where they belong and letting us have our wacky fun in an environment where we won't ruin the fun of everyone else by insta-killing them with meta trash.

I have now reached a point where limiting the customization possible in the MechLab (or going full lore) is something I will not have a problem with.

Edited by Mystere, 24 March 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#10 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

Drop in mid-late July when new tech is available to us.

#11 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostMystere, on 24 March 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

I have now reached a point where limiting the customization possible in the MechLab (or going full lore) is something I will not have a problem with.

I love customization as much as the next man, but walking around the corner only to have whatever flavor of the month vomit instantly send your CT into the "I can't be aggressive any more" zone is about as fun as fighting a Stone Rhino II with a minigun. Sure you've got a minigun, but the Stone Rhino has a naval grade railgun.

#12 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

I have been on this game since January 2013 and I have been on and off. Over time this game has many significant changes and additions, that I felt are both good and bad.

The one thing that seems to improve a little bit less stomp events though it still occurs too frequently, and one thing that went down is TTK on larger mechs, making agility, speed and maneuverability important for survival --- and for assault mechs, teamwork and positioning.

The game feels increasingly "skirmishy", with peek and boos, than assault led deathballs.

#13 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostAnjian, on 24 March 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

I have been on this game since January 2013 and I have been on and off. Over time this game has many significant changes and additions, that I felt are both good and bad.

The one thing that seems to improve a little bit less stomp events though it still occurs too frequently, and one thing that went down is TTK on larger mechs, making agility, speed and maneuverability important for survival --- and for assault mechs, teamwork and positioning.

The game feels increasingly "skirmishy", with peek and boos, than assault led deathballs.

I've been around for about as long on and off, and I agree. It feels less like Mechwarrior and more like Robo Twitch Shooter 9000.

#14 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

cookies & beer:)

#15 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, gradually in time, feels it moved from stompy robots (not that stompy to begin with) to twitch shooting with robo-chickens.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users