Mad Cat Mk. Il Vs Blood Asp

29 replies to this topic

#21 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 27 March 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

Blood Asp has "better" gauss mountings, except not really for the same reasons the TBR-A doesn't really have better PPC mounts. Having them high is good, having them so high above the cockpit isn't too helpful when poking over the ridge, as you're exposed to fire. The Blood Asp's PPC mounts seem to be arm only, which will make them just worse.

The MCII will have more neutral Gauss and PPC mounts, great for the earless variants (which doesn't have the best cockpit placement, but still good).

PGI might come up with their own custom variant that has high torso mounted energy points. Behind paywall, of course.

#22 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:34 AM

High mounts ...
Low mounts ...
Who cares, when too many people can´t make them work anyway and go to forums to dump their frustrations and call to neuter something that didn´t need neutering.

*gets in his Warhawk, drives off, firing his ERPPC´s for y´all "

#23 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

As much I love the Blood Asp for its asthetics, I'd have to say neg to ever putting it in this game. Clanners don't need anymore amazing assault mechs. You have the MAD IIC and the KDK-3 with the MKII incoming. The former two already put every other assault mech in the game to shame.

#24 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 27 March 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

Blood Asp has "better" gauss mountings, except not really for the same reasons the TBR-A doesn't really have better PPC mounts. Having them high is good, having them so high above the cockpit isn't too helpful when poking over the ridge, as you're exposed to fire. The Blood Asp's PPC mounts seem to be arm only, which will make them just worse.

The MCII will have more neutral Gauss and PPC mounts, great for the earless variants (which doesn't have the best cockpit placement, but still good).

Well, I actually touched these issues in the original post of this thread.

#25 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 March 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

PGI might come up with their own custom variant that has high torso mounted energy points. Behind paywall, of course.

I think one of the Blood Asp variants has 4 energy hardpoints in one shoulder.

#26 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 27 March 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

I think one of the Blood Asp variants has 4 energy hardpoints in one shoulder.

Blood Asp E has dual shoulder mounted ERPPCs.

#27 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 27 March 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

Blood Asp E has dual shoulder mounted ERPPCs.

Yup but bet people will blame PGI for its "paywall" because alphabetical order is difficult.

#28 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostCK16, on 27 March 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Yup but bet people will blame PGI for its "paywall" because alphabetical order is difficult.

Who cares about the -E, its all about the -B left torso. Chances are anyway, that we would get the Prime, A, B, C, and D and a hero. Although if the overlap is too strong on one, they might skip it so we can have the E I guess.

Edit: All 5 variants add something unique so chances we get the -E under the current pack format are low, maybe an early adopter though! haha

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 27 March 2017 - 09:41 AM.

#29 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 27 March 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Who cares about the -E, its all about the -B left torso. Chances are anyway, that we would get the Prime, A, B, C, and D and a hero. Although if the overlap is too strong on one, they might skip it so we can have the E I guess.

Edit: All 5 variants add something unique so chances we get the -E under the current pack format are low, maybe an early adopter though! haha

Would be a hell of a reward, bet would cost you like 3 ultimate packs to get >.>

#30 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

Those high mounted energy hardpoints are of lesser value in the context of this thread since Asp doesn't have RA ballistics.

Even if it had, swapping the location of ERPPCs with the Gauss would be bad.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users