First Impression: Lights And Mediums Have A Role!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

It is early and everyone is looking for strategies but it seems like Lights and Mediums have an important role to play in Incursion.

I also think that a Mech like the Linebacker may work well. I do not have one but it seems like its speed and adequate firepower might make it a good striker Mech to deal fast base damage.

#2 Lola Kabrinski

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

As an off hand thought - would it not be a good opportunity to actually put Hand Actuators to good use? A locust with lower arm actuators should simply not be able to effectively pick up say a 1 ton item in 3-5 seconds. It should be a trade off.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

Like the idea but I think it overcomplicats things.
Remember that people migth be able to vote on a map but don't allways get what they want. Fitting in hands just for this gamemode seams like bit of trouble that isn't worth the implementation.

#4 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 25 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Like the idea but I think it overcomplicats things.
Remember that people migth be able to vote on a map but don't allways get what they want. Fitting in hands just for this gamemode seams like bit of trouble that isn't worth the implementation.

This game is already dumbed down as it is. Its not a hard concept to "grasp". If people want more weapons space they forfeit the ability to grab and carry. That's what Arm Actuators are for. A Locust should not have that additional advantage. If this game is pushing for role warfare give Mediums and Lights more abilities and make these flaccid actuators a part of the game.

#5 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Well, after having very little luck with getting drops with real people (3 last night, 0 today), I got tired of sitting around and set up a private lobby to explore the lay-outs of the bases on a couple maps and just generally see how the mode works without having to duck enemy fire.

I have a couple thoughts on layout:

I do not like how all the Fuel Cell Generators are sitting out in the open with long sight lines which allow long range weapons to pick you apart while you are collecting a Fuel Cell.

Recommendation: Place the Fuel Cell Generators among buildings or in depressions to allow some cover.

I think the Fuel Cells duration is too short.

Recommendation: Double the Fuel Cell duration to make the benefits of gathering them more in line with the risk of gathering them. Alternately, let one Mech retrieve multiple Fuel Cells before returning to base.

Bases are too sparsely populated

Recommendation:Place the bases in areas where some building or structures already exist on the map. This would make finding the destructible targets more challenging and would give defenders some cover making for epic battles inside the base.

The are inadequate rewards for completing objectivestherefore everyone will just Skirmish.

Recommendation: Reflect the importance of completing the objectives in both currency (XP and C-Bills) as well as the Match Score. This is VITAL to encourage people to play the modes and objectives.

#6 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostRampage, on 25 March 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Well, after having very little luck with getting drops with real people (3 last night, 0 today), I got tired of sitting around and set up a private lobby to explore the lay-outs of the bases on a couple maps and just generally see how the mode works without having to duck enemy fire.

I have a couple thoughts on layout:

I do not like how all the Fuel Cell Generators are sitting out in the open with long sight lines which allow long range weapons to pick you apart while you are collecting a Fuel Cell.

Recommendation: Place the Fuel Cell Generators among buildings or in depressions to allow some cover.

I think the Fuel Cells duration is too short.

Recommendation: Double the Fuel Cell duration to make the benefits of gathering them more in line with the risk of gathering them. Alternately, let one Mech retrieve multiple Fuel Cells before returning to base.

Bases are too sparsely populated

Recommendation:Place the bases in areas where some building or structures already exist on the map. This would make finding the destructible targets more challenging and would give defenders some cover making for epic battles inside the base.

The are inadequate rewards for completing objectivestherefore everyone will just Skirmish.

Recommendation: Reflect the importance of completing the objectives in both currency (XP and C-Bills) as well as the Match Score. This is VITAL to encourage people to play the modes and objectives.

Agree with all of this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users