Target Reticle / Hud Colours

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Reticule/HUD Colour Selection (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be able to customize the reticule/HUD colours?

1. No, the existing IS yellow and Clan cyan is fine. (1 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

2. Yes, single colour choice for the entire HUD. (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

3. Yes, multiple colour choices for specific HUD elements (EG: Arm reticule / Torso reticule / etc) (16 votes [76.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.19%

Would you be happy if the customization was restricted only to purchased colours?

1. No, I would want to freely customize my colour(s) unrestricted. (9 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Yes, I'd make do with whatever colours I have purchased. (3 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Yes, I'd even consider purchasing more colour(s) for my customized HUD colours. (9 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Come on PGI...

We pay upwards of US$5 for each colour.
Let me just say that again... at 500-1000 MC each, we are paying 5+ bucks for what is essentially three 8-bit numbers (RGB colour values).

The least you could do is let us use the colours we purchase to set our HUD elements, instead of being stuck with the quite useless monochrome HUDs we have at the moment.

Useless? YES.
The IS puke yellow blends in with practically everything! Good luck trying to use your arms unlocked from your torso!
The Clan cyan is not so bad since it crits my retinas so hard with that ultra-bright tone of blue.

Step 1:
Let us choose the colour of our HUD elements (Especially the target reticules).
If we are tied down to only the colours we purchase then fine, I'll gladly spend 1000 MC to fix the problem.

Step 2:
Separate the HUD elements so that multiple colours can be used.
The obvious basic separation would be arm reticule / torso reticule / everything else.
There may, however, be other elements more hardcore players would want to separate out with colours.

Come on PGI..... I'm not the first to ask for this BASIC, SIMPLE feature.
Please note that First-Person multiplayer shooters have given this basic option (for free) since the late 1990's! This is not rocket science.
(Anyone remember if we could do this in previous MechWarrior games?)

I WILL BUY MC TO MAKE USE OF THIS IMPROVEMENT... TAKE MY MONEY!

#2 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

As a matter of principle I'm going to bump this thread every time I throw my hands up during a brawl because the horrible fixed HUD colours blend in with the map colour scheme.
It's a problem for IS mechs on yellow-ey maps, and Clan on snowymaps.

At least give us a "Red HUD" option. In a futuristic setting with dropships and target locks, surely the pilot would be able to select the colour of the interface?!

PS: I think the terrible HUD colours are partly why players go for the simplistic Lock-based LRM boat style of play.

Edited by Generic Internetter, 25 April 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#3 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

This is such an obviously fantastic feature, I'm surprised it isn't already in the game. Extra revenue stream, more fun with customization, sorta-kinda makes up for not having an actually useful colorblind mode, etc. Assuming there are colors/themes that could be bought with CB, I even think it would be perfectly reasonable to make HUD colors a different purchase entirely, rather than being linked to paint colors.

The only reason that makes sense for them not adding this is if they forgot how their game is coded again.

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:46 AM

View PostWraith 1, on 26 April 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

The only reason that makes sense for them not adding this is if they forgot how their game is coded again.

It's only a GUI mechanic and should be already 5 years in the setting menu.

Really some of you want to pay for a standard mechanic, rather PGI should pay for their discriminating position.

#5 Noachian

• Pip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

At a bare minimum, we need to be able to make the torso and arm reticule different colors. The rest of HUD can stay as is.

Edited by Oilslick, 20 July 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#6 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:11 AM

Yes please. The IS reticle is seemingly designed to be low-visibility.

Semi-related, I'd like to see the arm reticle tied to the camera rather than the camera being tied to the average between arms and torso, but not really? I honestly don't know exactly how the camera tracks in MW:O, but I do know that it's unintuitive and immersion-breaking.

#7 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:32 PM

It would be really nice to change the colors. Hell--I'd love to be able to change the 'arm' reticle to be different from the torso. I've been trying to get the hang of my new Commando, but I'm used to torso weapons and can't freaking see the little circle when I'm in the thick of it.

#8 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:03 PM

guys it's a nice idea and may bring revenue but... the glowy eyes don't glow and they were a headline feature.
just be happy the HUD works these days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users