Look Everyone......

7 replies to this topic

#1 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

.....its another feature the mwo community will shoot down.

All hail the status quo.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:59 AM

Seriously, no.
I crave for some mode other then five flavors of skirmish.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,889 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostCementi, on 25 March 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

All hail the status quo.

Its too early in the PTS for the community to "shoot down" this proposal.

That's next week, when PGI announces that this PTS is the perfect time to also test Ghost Range (Infor-tech PTS), random weapon changes (ED PTS), or a mix of random nerfs, and engine decoupling (skills tree PTS). Then the commmunity will shoot it down. Ya gotta have patience. When PGI drops some totally obscure or unrelated additional change on it...I'd expect something like a new random battery explosion feature, maybe a new version of long tom when all the towers are activated, or maybe just a nice nerf pass to any mech capable of moving at over 100kph, something along thoese lines...then the community will turn. But have patience, I am sure PGI will get there...because they always have.

#4 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:46 AM

View PostCementi, on 25 March 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

All hail the status quo.

I'd love to shoot it down but there is no one to play and I have been searching for a complete hour now
As someone said PGI tends to get up it's own arse adding stuff to PTS that really does not need to be there

However having watched someone else's video of them playing the mode if you play the mode it looks interesting although I think the mode looks more suitable to bigger maps

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:08 AM

i don't think so, this one is fun to play. Just looks like they need to balance it and up some rewards.

#6 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 March 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

i don't think so, this one is fun to play. Just looks like they need to balance it and up some rewards.

ROFL that sounds a lot like you are talking about Faction Play. Wait ................................ I'm not laughing anymore that's not funny at all...................................................... it's kinda sad.

#7 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 25 March 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

Seriously, no.
I crave for some mode other then five flavors of skirmish.

So have a 6th flavor of skirmish lol, its a good idea but without respawns its just skirmish again. They could have made it interesting as an asymmetrical mode, just give the attackers something like ai tanks to assist or something.

#8 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

An asymetrical mode is also what I think would be best. It could even work without the respawns or a limited respawn like in FW.

Make the mode an assault on a heavy defendet base. Lots of turrets, high ground...everything that says nightmare of just going in the frontdoor unprepared.

Then add some points to the map to be taken to soften up the defenders.
A Dam that powers some of the defending turrets. An artillerie pice that you can order via the command wheel (low damage, just to soften them up), some AI Tanks that you can capture and will then role towards the enemy fortress, an airfield that gives you an airstrike/dropship makeing a path for you.
Some point where you can contact local spys that will then blast away the heavy frontdoors or make a hole elsewhere in the walls.
How about a secret passage? Frozen city still has this one passage, dosn't it?

There are a lot of things that could make asymetrical warfare interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users